Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Gonz posted:

Cena is being held off of Raw this Monday for some reason. Does that mean he drops the title tomorrow? Hell if I know, but still, that's unusual.

Paul Heyman's Plan C(lient) is showing up and I'ma get five much-needed points in the prediction game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gonz posted:

Cena is being held off of Raw this Monday for some reason. Does that mean he drops the title tomorrow? Hell if I know, but still, that's unusual.

Probably means Brock is showing up after the fatal four way to beat him down.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Possible, but everyone has been saying Brock isn't due back until Monday night.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I remember watching this spot live and laughing my rear end off pretty much until the finish

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Superman Punch Maggle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In terms of wrestling, seeing that live was easily the hardest and longest I've ever laughed

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gonz posted:

Cena's off 2 Raws in the build towards Summerslam, tomorrow and 2 weeks from tomorrow. Tomorrow's reasoning will likely be because he had the poo poo kicked out of him in a Fatal Fourway, only to get by a Brock beatdown the week after, leading up to the ME at Summerslam.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
what will you guys do when cena goes over brock at ss

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

I remember watching this spot live and laughing my rear end off pretty much until the finish

I think my favorite part of that was afterwards Brock was limping, and then when the pain went away he basically laughed at everyone, as though he knew we all thought he injured himself in his first match back and was just mocking the entire industry.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
[strike]the[/strike] demon kane

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

NickRoweFillea posted:

Laugh forever and ever.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Are there really people that think that the 'E are going to waste one of Brock'$ appearance$ on an unadvertised c-show beatdown?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

i'm gonna lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Memento posted:

Are there really people that think that the 'E are going to waste one of Brock'$ appearance$ on an unadvertised c-show beatdown?

You're right, Sting is going to beat down Cena

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Gonz posted:

Isn't he filming some movie?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

probably laugh. I stopped getting mad at WWE a long time ago

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Celebrate.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Memento posted:

Might as well start the Summerslam build

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Just noticed that almost all my WWE MOTYCs at this point are gimmick matches and decided to look this up: assuming they don't go with a gimmick for Cena vs. Brock it will be WWE's first non-gimmicked PPV main event singles match in 9 freakin' months.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 20, 2014

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

laugh and then give the biggest exasperated sigh ever.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Just noticed that almost all my WWE MOTYCs at this point are gimmick matches and decided to look this up: assuming they don't go with a gimmick for Cena vs. Brock it will be WWE's first non-gimmicked PPV main event singles match in 9 freakin' months.

I'm willing to bet that that non-gimmicked main event had to have been a barnburner, removing all the bells and whistles. Just getting down to brass tacks of two people fighting. One for the ages. Ah, for fun, let's just see what it was...

Survivor Series 2013 - Randy Orton vs. Big Show

Oh. Oh dear.

EDIT: This also forced me to look at last year's Battleground card. What a mess. ADR vs. RVD for the WHC. I'm struggling to even remember ANYTHING about that feud. The awful no contest in the main event. The only bright spot was the Rhodes Brothers versus the Shield.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Why is Sting v Undertaker such a dream match for a lot of people? Is it because sting was a bit gothy once?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Frankston posted:

Why is Sting v Undertaker such a dream match for a lot of people? Is it because sting was a bit gothy once?

We already had Flair v. 'Taker. At this point, Sting is the biggest name from WCW who could do a 'Taker fight. Then we just have to convince Vince to consume TNA and book Samoa Joe v. 'Taker for WM32.

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
but Samoa Joe will get stuck if Undertaker tries to drag him to hell :(

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'll be laughing, but unlike PSP I will be laughing mirthfully, as opposed to sullenly

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sting vs Taker can (and very well may) suck, but it will be completely worth it for the build/entrances.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

I think my favorite part of that was afterwards Brock was limping, and then when the pain went away he basically laughed at everyone, as though he knew we all thought he injured himself in his first match back and was just mocking the entire industry.

PAUL MY KNEE
AUGH MY STOMACH

Seeing Sting face Undertaker at WM doesn't really appeal to me because I've had no exposure to Sting other than in TNA. I totally understand why other people might wanna see it, but I'd much rather see a different match if it's gonna be Undertaker's last one.

Hopefully Battleground is surprisingly good, or at least bad enough that the GDT is funny.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wow, I've never seen the plancha version of the Flying Nothing.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Frankston posted:

It's two major superstars that have never faced off even though both have been around for decades. It would be a pretty big deal.

MassRafTer posted:

Celebrate.

This would be me, but serious. I think putting the title on Brock and then having him disappear for another four to seven months is a really dumb idea. As much as I can't stand Cena, giving the belt to a guy who doesn't even show up on TV for months at time seems really loving stupid.

Plus, Brock bores the poo poo out of me.

DFu4ever fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 20, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm bewildered how anyone can look at the poo poo Brock does like that gif up there and go "Boring".

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Celebrate.

I'll be right there with you. Really though, I am looking forward to Brock/Cena again, it's gonna own.

projecthalaxy posted:

Wow, I've never seen the plancha version of the Flying Nothing.

How do you learn to fly off of a 500lb set of steps?

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 20, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

In all seriousness I'd be a lot more likely to drop the WWE Network in favor of FightPass if that happens (which it won't). Haven't really been enjoying WWE programming lately and Brock as champ is the one thing I'm looking forward to. Would not pay :10bux: to watch Battleground if they did PPVs separately.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 20, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Shake my head and then remember I couldn't give a gently caress anymore and just laugh.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

NickRoweFillea posted:

Continue taping RAW and then deleting it without watching.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Daniel Bryan posted:

[strike]the[/strike] demon kane

Yeah. Undertaker comes out with the urn. Sting appears to challenge him a Wrestlemania. Undertaker stares at him then passes the urn to Kane and leaves.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Probably means Brock is showing up after the fatal four way to beat him down.

I'm a bit late to this party, but yeah, this is my expectation. Ambrose beats Rollins earlier in the night, preventing him from coming out to cash on a weakened Cena, so the Authority pulls the trigger on their nuclear option and out comes Plan C(lient Brock Lesnar, who defeated the Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania XXX.)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

AKA Driver posted:

EDIT: This also forced me to look at last year's Battleground card. What a mess. ADR vs. RVD for the WHC. I'm struggling to even remember ANYTHING about that feud. The awful no contest in the main event. The only bright spot was the Rhodes Brothers versus the Shield.

I can help with this!

RVD stole Ricardo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm actually liking a lot of the interlocking storylines like Dean Ambrose feuding with Seth so he's also against Hunter and is aligned with old enemy John Cena despite them all being in separate feuds. Reminds me of the best period of Wrestling, that period between Vince Russo leaving and Stephanie McMahon taking over. Hope it leaks down to the midcard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm actually liking a lot of the interlocking storylines like Dean Ambrose feuding with Seth so he's also against Hunter and is aligned with old enemy John Cena despite them all being in separate feuds. Reminds me of the best period of Wrestling, that period between Vince Russo leaving and Stephanie McMahon taking over. Hope it leaks down to the midcard.

Yeah, I also prefer when the storylines interact with each other rather than living in a vacuum. It's weird when no one is at all interested in anything else happening in the fed.

• Locked thread