Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samolety
Jan 27, 2008

I have returned from negotiations with Comrade Ignatov and have found him to be quite agreeable.
I believe it is peace in our time.

Shieldhill posted:

I think the people voting against the Quit Bein' Mad At Video Games Initiative because they don't want to help the Evucks & Acutians may have missed this:

Many of us have made it clear that we know that. We're voting against Es and As on 'principle', and the fact that they will be stronger when they spawn just gives us a better target for our rhetoric. "We told you they would be dangerous!!" If we really just tried to murder them off in the most gamey way it'd be boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Viscardus posted:

Justice Act of 3003: Yes
Building Solidarity Act: Yes
Quit Bein' Mad At Video Games Initiative: No
Andor Pacification Act: No
Save Our Cheese Curls Act: Abstain
Galactic Free Trade Act: No
Wartime Economic Recovery Act: Abstain
System Sophont Preservation Bill: No
Solar Fight Night: No

Revengeance Party members are directed to vote against the Tryhard, Hydra Party, and Solis Infernus proposals. All other proposals are up to the discretion of the individual members, though I encourage voting for the Building Solidarity Act and discourage voting for the Andor Pacification Act and System Sophont Preservation Bill, as both are problematically vague and could lead to negative consequences. The Save Our Cheese Curls Act seems rather pointless, while the Wartime Economic Recovery Act appears acceptable without being particularly useful, given the economic policies of the Building Solidarity Act.

Voting the Party Line.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Well, let's see now.

Justice Act of 3003: NO Way too long, too many things in it, didn't read it, and I'm not into Revengeance whatever that is.
Building Solidarity Act: NO too long, too many things in it, some points seem vague, use of passive tense irks, Communism is dumb
Quit Bein' Mad At Video Games Initiative: YES I like the name of this bill. It's also too long etc. but I was sold by the bill's name before I got annoyed by its length. Besides, who can the Lazy Assholes count on if not the Tryhards? They try hard so we don't have to.
Andor Pacification Act: NO Too long, points are vague, I liked the bolded bits but I'm not into pacification. Nice Guys finish last.
Save Our Cheese Curls Act: YES Short and to the point, plus owls are cute.
Galactic Free Trade Act: NO Mercifully short but too bloodthirsty. I don't want to risk feeling responsible for what could happen.
Wartime Economic Recovery Act: NO Actually not such a long bill but I don't agree with these money dudes and their money grubbing. They could have a hidden agenda in this bill and I probably wouldn't even know!
System Sophont Preservation Bill: YES ugh fine this is ALSO too long but it seems pretty straightforward and I like that it leaves stuff to the boss mister Hydral. If he fucks things up, it's not like he can blame me! Also this party's logo reminds me of Warhammer 40k, LOL.
Solar Fight Night: NO what the hell is this, haha. Why are the shortest bills also the worst? No way am I gonna be a warmonger like these warmongers.

This guy has done all the thinking for me. Lucky me.

I vote this stuff.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Justice Act of 3003: No
Quit Bein' Mad At Video Games Initiative: Yes
Andor Pacification Act: Yes
Save Our Cheese Curls Act: Yes
Wartime Economic Recovery Act: Yes
System Sophont Preservation Bill: Yes
Solar Fight Night: Abstain

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Last Vote: Reading Account --- 50 Votes for a Majority

Justice Act of 3003
Yes: 28
No: 24
Abstain: 8

Building Solidarity Act
Yes: 46
No: 12
Abstain: 2

Quit Bein' Mad At Video Games Initiative
Yes: 27
No: 32
Abstain: 1

Andor Pacification Act
Yes: 22
No: 31
Abstain: 7

Save Our Cheese Curls Act
Yes: 37
No: 12
Abstain: 11

Galactic Free Trade Act
Yes: 7
No: 51
Abstain: 2

Wartime Economic Recovery Act
Yes: 33
No: 15
Abstain: 12

System Sophont Preservation Bill
Yes: 30
No: 21
Abstain: 9

Solar Fight Night
Yes: 8
No: 42
Abstain: 10

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 20, 2014

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

Slaan posted:

So Boarine wars tend to be long and drawn out?

Neruz got most of it. Boarines don't reproduce all that fast and they're not very good at taking down enemy fleets. However, they're also pretty hard to kill unless they're hit with a decapitation strike - Boarines are basically heroes from saturday morning cartoons who get more powerful the longer they fight. The longer a Boarine war goes on, the more powerful they become. I've had to get the Acutians to basically exterminate the Boarines by secretly dumping toxic waste on their planet (much like a villain from a saturday morning cartoon) in order to save my Federation before.

- - - -

There are a few interesting and notable facts about other races too.

The Thoraxians start with tunnels on their homeworld. This makes them virtually impossible to bombard to death, and gives them a multiplier against invasion. They start out half-again as strong as the next stronger competitors, the Burlusts, so it's pretty rare to see Thoraxians get wiped out before you can do something about it. Whenever they capture a new world, they eventually build tunnels on that one, too. Rooting Thoraxians out is quite difficult. They also get a ground combat bonus every in-game hour due to evolutionary factors. One fully-evolved Thoraxian is the equal of something like five thousand Peltians.

The average race can get a total of around 12x multiplier on their orbital bombing capabilities (compared to the start of the game). The Peltians can increase it by over 1400x.

If the Skylaxians capture a planet that used to belong to an ally of theirs (or someone they had positive relations with), they'll return it to them. They're the only race who will do this.

As mentioned earlier, if the Evucks are losing a war and their last planet is a gas giant, they'll blow that sucker up.

Every race has an ultimate weapon. The chances that you'll ever see one is very small, given the amount of time you need to keep the game going to even have the possibility of seeing it. Most of these are just rear end in a top hat weapons that cause other races to fall into civil war or take damage of some sort. The Boarine ultimate weapon, however, is a giant gently caress-off shield that prevents anyone from coming onto their planet.

The Burlusts breed the second-fastest out of any race (the fastest are the Peltians, who I presume do nothing but gently caress and build bombs). The slowest are the Thoraxians, strangely enough. Though while the Burlusts breed four times as fast the Thoraxians, the fact that they're assholes means they need a lot of living space and consequently they need more than twice as much space as anyone else, and six times as much space as the average Thoraxian. In the current war unless the Thoraxians get some serious bombardment power going on they're probably not going to take out the Burlusts.

occipitallobe fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 20, 2014

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

occipitallobe posted:

The average race can get a total of around 12x multiplier on their orbital bombing capabilities (compared to the start of the game). The Peltians can increase it by over 1400x.

12*12*10=1,440. Says something that they squared a value and said "nah, not high enough."

You also just made the Boarine sound like 10 different kinds of awesome.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tulip posted:

12*12*10=1,440. Says something that they squared a value and said "nah, not high enough."

You also just made the Boarine sound like 10 different kinds of awesome.

The Boarines get completely insane in a long war. The endgame in my first campaign was a long war of genocide by the Fed against the Thoraxians, by the end the Boarines (Fed member) had 200k space power, something like ten times the space power of the rest of the Fed combined.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

FredMSloniker posted:

Well, let's see.
  • Justice Act of 3003: Abstain. While I have no strong objection to any of the mandated actions, the Revengeance Party's hostility toward specific races for what appear to be roleplaying reasons clashes with my desire to only be hostile toward specific races for 'you're going to make us lose the game' reasons.
  • Building Solidarity Act: Yes. I don't see anything objectionable here.
  • Quit Bein' Mad At Video Games Initiative: Yes. I would have preferred point 5 involve intervening if either side got too big for its britches, and I wouldn't have put point 6 in personally (I don't oppose it, but as Daeren said, if anything keeps this from passing, it's that), but overall I'm happy with it.
  • Andor Pacification Act: Yes. The Andors sound useful for game-winning, sure.
  • Save Our Cheese Curls Act: Yes. Point 2 makes me wonder what other games the Owls on Drugs enjoy. (Actually, the symmetric difference of the sets 'games the Owls on Drugs enjoy' and 'games stoners enjoy' is more what I'm wondering.)
  • Galactic Free Trade Act: No. I'm voting against it because of the Evuck hostility point, but I would just like to note that, as written, the act doesn't seem to do anything; we won't be able to act on point one in a single, and maybe even in multiple council sessions, and the other two points depend on that.
  • Wartime Economic Recovery Act: Yes. I don't have a problem with any of this.
  • System Sophont Preservation Bill: Yes. As previously noted, I want to keep everyone alive until we have good game-mechanics reason to do otherwise.
  • Solar Fight Night: Abstain. I don't anticipate either side winning the space war in a single council session, but if they do, I'd prefer we find peaceful methods of ending the war. That said, as the act does not call for genocide, merely the eradication of space fleets, I'm not going to vote against it either.

I agree with all this.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Building Solidarity Act: No
Quit Bein' Mad At Video Games Initiative: Yes.
Andor Pacification Act: No.
Save Our Cheese Curls Act: No
Galactic Free Trade Act: Yes

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 20, 2014

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It is now evident to this one that the Boarines will be an exceptionally useful member of the Federation and should be recruited at the earliest opportunity.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Cythereal posted:

It is now evident to this one that the Boarines will be an exceptionally useful member of the Federation and should be recruited at the earliest opportunity.

They're still stuck on a tiny-rear end planet with only 3 moons so I think their capabilities will be somewhat limited.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Justice Act of 3003: Abstain

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

YF-23 posted:

They're still stuck on a tiny-rear end planet with only 3 moons so I think their capabilities will be somewhat limited.

The Boarines have a large world (with 50 moons), they just make very inefficient use of space.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Wiz posted:

The Boarines have a large world (with 50 moons), they just make very inefficient use of space.

Oh whoops, I mixed up the boarines and the peltians there. My bad!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Andor Pacification Act: Abstain
Galactic Free Trade Act: Abstain
System Sophont Preservation Bill: Abstain

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

Andor Pacification Act
Yes: 16
No: 26
Abstain: 6
By the tally I've been keeping there are only 23 no votes. Possibly 24, with one ambiguous case.

I'm not actually going to bother recounting myself, so it could easily be me that's wrong, but I just wanted to let you know.

(The 16 is accurate- up to 18 now.)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Given that I currently have 19/28/7, that seems weird. I'll double check.

As far as I can tell, it's accurate.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 20, 2014

DentedLamp
Aug 2, 2012
As I understand it, it's impossible to get trade routes with the Boarines and Burlusts, right? I attempted repeatedly to establish routes originating from other races to their worlds across several games, to no avail; as such, a Burlust/Boarine world with many moons is wasted for the purpose of intrasolar commerce.

Maybe that Boarine gas giant would be put to better use under the Acutians, eh?

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
The Galactic Free Trade Act has reached a majority against with 46 Nays (based on currently registered senators.)

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

Given that I currently have 19/28/7, that seems weird. I'll double check.

As far as I can tell, it's accurate.
How did you get two more no votes after Tulip... when no one voted against it on this page after his vote?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Eiba posted:

How did you get two more no votes after Tulip... when no one voted against it on this page after his vote?

Kytrarewn posted:

Building Solidarity Act: No
Save Our Cheese Curls Act: No

I misread this one, he didn't mention the Andor Act at all. Switching that to an abstain.

As for the other one...I forgot that I didn't mention I voted the party line. I've been distracted today. Numbers should work out, I think? I'll do a full recount when I get home.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 20, 2014

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

I misread this one, he didn't mention the Andor Act at all. Switching that to an abstain.

As for the other one...I forgot that I didn't mention I voted the party line. I've been distracted today. Numbers should work out, I think? I'll do a full recount when I get home.
Yeah, that accounts for it. I thought you may have been voting without telling anyone.

I was looking for an excuse to call you out, as your party line doesn't explicitly make a call on my act, and we had worked on it to make it acceptable.

I'll do a recount for my own tally. It's far more likely that I, an amateur at this whole vote counting, made some mistake. So don't worry about it unless it's as close as last time.

thsgrn
May 6, 2007
Time for a plea:

Those who are currently abstaining on the Andor Pacification Act, if you wish it to have a low priority, please reconsider your vote! It is currently not passing, but abstentions switching to yes could make it currently pass with the lowest priority of any passing bill!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Justice Act of 3003: Yes
Save Our Cheese Curls Act: Abstain
System Sophont Preservation Bill: No

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Eiba posted:

Yeah, that accounts for it. I thought you may have been voting without telling anyone.

I was looking for an excuse to call you out, as your party line doesn't explicitly make a call on my act, and we had worked on it to make it acceptable.

I'll do a recount for my own tally. It's far more likely that I, an amateur at this whole vote counting, made some mistake. So don't worry about it unless it's as close as last time.

Last time both Sniper and myself recounted and got the same results, to stave off any retrospective controversy.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

System Sophont Preservation Bill: Abstain

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

thsgrn posted:

Time for a plea:

Those who are currently abstaining on the Andor Pacification Act, if you wish it to have a low priority, please reconsider your vote! It is currently not passing, but abstentions switching to yes could make it currently pass with the lowest priority of any passing bill!
Additionally, many people seem to be kind of neutral on the subject and are voting no. If you don't really like it, but don't really care, an abstention is what you're looking for, not a no.

It seems quite a few people have the gimmick of voting no on nearly everything, which only makes passing anything more difficult. We should all probably be more liberal with our abstentions as a result.

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

sniper4625 posted:

My apologies- put me down for a No on the Andor act. I will correct my vote accordingly.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Voting Revengeance party line
I'd spell out the votes for easier counting, but using a phone.

Remaining a part of the Order of Cassandra

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Slightly offtopic question: Is the game actually as fun as this LP makes it look?
Like, I'm getting loving hyped and kinda wanna buy it?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
edit: nevermind. 4 to go on the CI bill.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 20, 2014

Samolety
Jan 27, 2008

I have returned from negotiations with Comrade Ignatov and have found him to be quite agreeable.
I believe it is peace in our time.

Eiba posted:

Additionally, many people seem to be kind of neutral on the subject and are voting no. If you don't really like it, but don't really care, an abstention is what you're looking for, not a no.

It seems quite a few people have the gimmick of voting no on nearly everything, which only makes passing anything more difficult. We should all probably be more liberal with our abstentions as a result.

Did you see my message to you on the last page? I'm not super concerned with your vote on our bill, but I'd be curious if you agree with what I said about it. Especially in light of what you just said about being more liberal with abstentions.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

Justice Act of 3003: No.
Building Solidarity Act: Yes.
Andor Pacification Act: Yes.
Save Our Cheese Curls Act: Yes.
Galactic Free Trade Act: No.
Wartime Economic Recovery Act: Yes.
System Sophont Preservation Bill: Yes.
Solar Fight Night: No.

Basically the party line, with a few modifications.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

thsgrn posted:

Time for a plea:

As of my count, if every abstention currently switched to yes, your bill would still be failing by one. Or two, I guess, given that ties are failures.

Anyway, on the subject of the Justice Act and abstentions in general, I'm wondering if there are any current no voters who would be willing to abstain in return for close consideration on future votes. A lot of votes out there don't really give an indication of why they're chosen, so it's hard to know what exactly is objectionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

thsgrn posted:

Time for a plea:

Eiba posted:

Lies Remember what happened last time Eiba lied?

• Locked thread