Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
We have two actual short tracks now and people spend a large chunk of time bitching about how boring they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

VikingSkull posted:

We have two actual short tracks now and people spend a large chunk of time bitching about how boring they are.

Well you know the formula now to make them great: move the race to the car park, and make it rain (optionally fill the cars with Europeans)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

Well, when you have a car that doesn't race well anywhere except Fontana (???), that'll happen.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Well, when you have a car that doesn't race well anywhere except Fontana (???), that'll happen.

You're not gonna get an argument out of me on this.

Clearly though, the solution is to add short tracks, develop rain tires for them, and pray it rains.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
I am hereby patenting TrackSoaker II technology.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Hey kids! Do you love Air Titan? (YEAH!) Well then you're gonna love Water Titan!

WATER TITAN! is on its wayyyy....WATER TITAN! let the boys playyyyyyyyy YEAH.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

It'd look like a gigantic super soaker strapped to behind a truck. It'd take the on track crew pumping back and forth and then spray and do it over and over again.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

Lebanon Valley is an amazing track to see the Outlaws at, and they'll run northeast-style dirt modifieds the same night, which are my favorite class of racing. If you have the ability to go, at all, do it and don't think twice. It's a high banked half mile, and super fast.
We're seriously considering going tonight. What are the odds of them selling out? It looks like they don't sell tickets online.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

TrackSoaker II: Soak Harder

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Harveygod posted:

We're seriously considering going tonight. What are the odds of them selling out? It looks like they don't sell tickets online.

We bought them at the gate when I last saw the Outlaws there, so you should be ok I think?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

K&N East on FS1 now for those looking for some halftime entertainment between IndyCar.

Ralph Sheheen and Todd Bodine on the call.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

K&N East on FS1 now for those looking for some halftime entertainment between IndyCar.

Ralph Sheheen and Todd Bodine on the call.

loving :laffo: at the end of this race

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

If only Bernie were running NASCAR.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cannot Find Server posted:

loving :laffo: at the end of this race

That was amazing. :laffo:

e- No kid. God didn't control that. Brandon Jones did.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 20, 2014

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Well, I've packed up my wife and baby and I'm heading to Lebanon Valley. Hopefully it's as good as I've been told.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Going to leave this here.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nascar-france-20140720-story.html#page=1

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.

A PR person did the same, just happened to leave the first draft of that textual handjob in an old friend's inbox along with a confirmed tee time at the Bev Hills golfarium and celebrity mortuary.

quote:

The criticism "bothers me, I'm human," France said. "[They say] I'm a technocrat . . . that I'm somehow aloof, that everything is going on and I'm sort of there having a cup of coffee watching it all happen."

Nobody has ever accused Brian France of even being at half the races. He left early from Talladega before and admitted to not even watching it on TV on the way out after the Flying Horseman incident took place.

Shadow Puppet Of fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 21, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

In 2007, France rolled out a new, safer NASCAR race car dubbed the "Car of Tomorrow," developed largely without collaboration with the auto manufacturers and teams and drivers. The car proved unwieldy to drive and didn't provide enough of the passing NASCAR fans love. Drivers such as Kyle Busch openly blasted the car's design.

"I was arrogant at that time that whatever we did was going to work," France said. "I learned a great lesson. That started my collaboration with the teams, team owners, the drivers in a way I hadn't done."

...followed by...

quote:

"We have a long history of doing business by listening to everyone in the garage," he said. "It's worked well and each owner will continue to have input."

So Ben Kennedy, who I just learned is NASCAR's very own Special Ed, needs to hurry up and wash out of Trucks so Brian can gently caress off go spend more time with his kids.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Brian France reminds me of Randy Lerner.

Randy Lerner was the son of Al Lerner who bought the expansion Browns out of guilt. (TL;DR, he pretty much funded the Browns move out of Cleveland). Randy was a self-made man in many respects, a marine veterans and someone who was really trying hard to make the Browns a winner in many respects.

Al Lerner passed away in 2002 right as the Browns were looking relevant (they were 4-4, and somehow stumbled into the playoffs as a wildcard)

Randy took over the team having been born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He pretty much took over the franchise reluctantly to carry on his dad's wishes, and really had no interest in them. He was more interested in premiership soccer.

As a result the Browns ended up loving up hire after hire because he could give two shits about actually running the thing. Each created a weird fight for power, and each ended the same exact way.

If Brian is sincere about what happened with Kes. in Phoenix we would have likely seen a completely different series, than what we've seen 2004 on.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jul 21, 2014

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

quote:

It's a penchant that once led to erroneous speculation that France wanted to own a pro football team.
That's actually what I've always thought, too. He seems to have some mission to take viewership from the NFL. If he can't beat them (and he can't), he could join them.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

Harveygod posted:

That's actually what I've always thought, too. He seems to have some mission to take viewership from the NFL. If he can't beat them (and he can't), he could join them.

Every sport owner just naturally develops a fixation on the NFL when their sport is on the upswing. See Dana White when young males 18-34 used to really care about the UFC. They shut up about it once things start to slide and the numbers get embarrassing, but deep down, if you internalize the success of your sport while it is a hot fad, your ego will raedily make the jump to thinking you'll lick that whole football thing.

See Also: Donald Trump, Vince McMahon, the Bulletball Guy and now Brian France.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
The USFL probably could've beaten the NFL (or at least gotten a few of their teams in as expansions like the AFL did) but Trump is a total fucker.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Incidentally, Brian seems to be running the Vince McMahon playbook against the NFL, which as you mentioned didn't quite work out.

Coming soon: NAXAR: Xtreme Auto Racing!

Now featuring behind-the-scenes with Danica Patrick and the Cope twins in the locker room!

That may be a fitting thread title, actually.

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jul 21, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Harveygod posted:

All you need to look at is the Chase. The Chase was designed as a ratings grab during the stretch where NASCAR goes head to head with the NFL. My feeling was always the people who are more involved in races would watch those and flip to games during breaks anyway.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Peanut President posted:

The USFL probably could've beaten the NFL (or at least gotten a few of their teams in as expansions like the AFL did) but Trump is a total fucker.

Honestly I agree with this.

I think Oakland, Memphis, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Arizona, and Tampa (perhaps becoming Orlando?) would have found their way into the league.

But this is a topic for TFF. gently caress Donald Trump nonetheless.

CBJSprague24 posted:

All you need to look at is the Chase. The Chase was designed as a ratings grab during the stretch where NASCAR goes head to head with the NFL. My feeling was always the people who are more involved in races would watch those and flip to games during breaks anyway.

There's nothing wrong with having an important race or two during the NFL season. (1992 Hooters 500 comes to mind). NASCAR just never played it smart though.

A race at Chicagoland for example? Dumb as hell. Talladega? Hell air that later in the afternoon and you have my full attention.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I saw that the 90 ARCA team is apparently looking for a driver... did Enfinger quit/get canned?

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

Bhester posted:

I saw that the 90 ARCA team is apparently looking for a driver... did Enfinger quit/get canned?

You haven't seem the last of him. Stay tuned.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I like the sound of that.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Finally gonna start a band?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
http://youtu.be/xnqjTWUuz3Q

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mother of God. That...that is...special.

And then I saw who posted the video. :roflolmao:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

So which one of us got hired by IMS recently?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Holy poo poo

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Anyone got a chinchilla I can borrow?

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

Quotin dis

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

That is absolutely hilarious. Too bad I'm so far from Indy.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

does GMS only have one hauler/pit crew right now? That would make sense as to why you're not on the entry list for Lucas Oil Raceway, heading to Eldora instead.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

devmd01 posted:

does GMS only have one hauler/pit crew right now? That would make sense as to why you're not on the entry list for Lucas Oil Raceway, heading to Eldora instead.

Or putting 2 and 2 together is something else being worked on for someone else in the 23?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So the Brickyard 400 gets this, and the 500 gets a gimp bathing in milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

gret posted:

So the Brickyard 400 gets this, and the 500 gets a gimp bathing in milk.

One of those races is actually watchable. Makes you think.

• Locked thread