Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So Bray AND the Family lost? ha ha ha burieded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Writer Cath posted:

What would have happened if Seth hadn't used that particular exit to get to the parking lot? Would Dean have just stayed in that trunk all night?

That was Seth's car, he would just got out when he stopped

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Battleground 2014 was either an extremely subpar RAW or 1999-2001 style WCW PPV. Take your pick.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

pressedbunny posted:

Well, for one, I expected to see a match between Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose.

Oh, you mean like what was on the card? Huh, weird.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

A boring show with a good tag match.- Battleground 2013

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Writer Cath posted:

What would have happened if Seth hadn't used that particular exit to get to the parking lot? Would Dean have just stayed in that trunk all night?

He'd have had a warm, dry place to sleep?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

gently caress Heath Slater.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Kirios posted:

Battlegrouns 2014 was either an extremely subpar RAW or 1999-2001 style WCW PPV. Take your pick.

not even close to the latter, at least that has russo madness to keep you entertained

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

That ppv was poo poo and I'm glad that I'm not "really" paying for it since I consider this $10 a month poo poo to just be me paying for wrestlemania in monthly installments. Title should've been WWE Battleground: meh

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

from the GDT:

quote:

someone suggest me a non-lovely old PPV to watch now to cleanse my palette

Bash '89
Wrestlewar '92
Backlash 2000

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
I have a feeling Dean couldn't figure out how to open the trunk from inside quick enough which is why Seth was looking around for a good minute.

Anyways, tell me why Jericho going over Bray was a good thing and why I should be excited for the eternal battle between the Wyatts/Usos. And when is Star/Golddust gonna have another match? And I'm sure Slater throwing over Cesaro really helped push Slater.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Fauxhawk Express posted:

from the GDT:

Bash '89
Wrestlewar '92
Backlash 2000

It was my question, so thanks! The reason I'll probably never cancel the network sub even when the PPVs are hot garbage is because I can at least watch some random old good thing.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

pressedbunny posted:

Well, for one, I expected to see a match between Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose.

It's going to be a major feud and it's been going less than a month. Did you really think you were gonna see anyone get a clean win there? Was this really any worse than a five-minute "match" ending in a DQ or some other garbage?

Kirios posted:

Battleground 2014 was either an extremely subpar RAW or 1999-2001 style WCW PPV. Take your pick.

Whoa, listen, let's not say things we can't take back.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wanna angrily unsubscribe from the WWE Network but I never subscribed to it in the first place thread what should I do?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

It was probably better than the last Battleground at least. Low bar, of course.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NienNunb posted:

I wanna angrily unsubscribe from the WWE Network but I never subscribed to it in the first place thread what should I do?

Subscribe and then angrily cancel your autorenew!

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

NienNunb posted:

Sub then unsub, it a good way to stick it to the man.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

NienNunb posted:

stop buying WWE's ppv full price?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I turned off auto-renew on the Network. I've been one of the people saying that the Network is great and trying to remain positive about all this, but since Bryan got hurt everything has gone to poo poo. If Summerslam somehow turns it around I'll flip it back on, but god drat...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For the record I 100% agree they should not have advertised Rollins/Ambrose if they were gonna do that, that was bad bad bad. Also they shoulda had either the same IC Title finish with Bo instead of Miz or just let Dolph win. And Bray should've won, that was dumb too.

But the level of doomsaying on this forum right now is kinda funny to me.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
That really was just a lovely show.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Cool things about WWE Battleground on the WWE Network (it's only $9.99/mo. sign up today!):

Tag match + Usos winning
Rusev selling the ankle
Heath Slater

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Let's not mitigate the awfulness of this show by comparing it to something else that was bad, because some pedantic nonce will go 'er no the other thing was worse'

That show was bad, it was poo poo bad crap.

Crap crap bad.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
Maybe it's because I watched it on the network and didn't pay $50 dollars for it but I don't really care about Seth/Dean not having a match. They were still my favorite part of the show and I honestly prefer for them to have a bigger match at Summerslam than have a pointless match on the worst show of the year.

Also battle royal was cool, and Bray Wyatt may as well go back to NXT and change gimmicks again.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Writer Cath posted:

Thank goodness Ambrose had The WWE Network on his Mobile Device so he could see where Rollins was in relation to him & his car, so he could get out of the trunk at the correct time!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

stop buying WWE's ppv full price?

But I didn't I streamed it for free.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

For the record I 100% agree they should not have advertised Rollins/Ambrose if they were gonna do that, that was bad bad bad. Also they shoulda had either the same IC Title finish with Bo instead of Miz or just let Dolph win. And Bray should've won, that was dumb too.

But the level of doomsaying on this forum right now is kinda funny to me.

Vince has lost a shitload of money in a short time and so has the company itself. It's not really that crazy to be less than optimistic after a piece of poo poo production like tonight.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Wyatt vs Jericho match was good, though I'd have preferred a semi-clean win for Bray. Kofi is still the best thing about free for all matches, Divas wasn't too bad tonight either. Everything else was poo poo.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Usos winning was a literal crime

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

print off a screencap of the wwe.com homepage and set it on fire in the middle of a 12 minute rant on youtube

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

It was my question, so thanks! The reason I'll probably never cancel the network sub even when the PPVs are hot garbage is because I can at least watch some random old good thing.

My feelings exactly. They make great background noise for doing other stuff or laying around with a hangover.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

I have a feeling Dean couldn't figure out how to open the trunk from inside quick enough which is why Seth was looking around for a good minute.

Anyways, tell me why Jericho going over Bray was a good thing and why I should be excited for the eternal battle between the Wyatts/Usos. And when is Star/Golddust gonna have another match?

Jericho went over Bray so that the feud could continue till Summerslam. Wyatts/Usos are hopefully done but they looked to be finished after MITB so who knows. And Brosdust are probably going to face Rybaxel on Raw or maybe they'll beat the Usos to earn #1 contendership or something.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Should I watch this show when I get home to a computer tomorrow y/n

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's okay for them to keep having lovely PPVs because technically they're now only $9.99 a month! You still waste the same time, but you only waste 1/4th the money!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Delsaber posted:

It was probably better than the last Battleground at least. Low bar, of course.

Can I have someone critically analyze 2014 and 2013 Battleground to find out which one was worse?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

the main event got Bryan chants, so that was cool.

Save us Daniel Bryan.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

projecthalaxy posted:

Should I watch this show when I get home to a computer tomorrow y/n

Watch the first 25 minutes.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

battleground more like poopoodaiperthisppvisbad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

oatgan posted:

print off a screencap of the wwe.com homepage and set it on fire in the middle of a 12 minute rant on youtube

please tell me this is a real video.

• Locked thread