Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The Battle Royal was bad because people are mad at Vince instead of The Miz. The fan favorite will never get his revenge.

The WWE makes a lot more sense sometimes if you pretend we live in somekind of negative zone where cheers are a sign of immense hatred.

"That evil villain Dolph Ziggler gets his comeuppance again!"
"Yeah listen to that crowd cheer, they really hate him"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I feel like the main issue with Rollins/Ambrose is that it should never have been booked in the first place. The build was entirely focused on Ambrose screwing Rollins out of the cash-in and the match was only booked on the go-home Raw. It would've been fine to just keep Rollins around to tease the cash-in and then have Ambrose attack like he did anyway.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Meltzer on the show in seconds: http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/listen/

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuriy posted:

you mean to tell me that a business is going to promote their business

holy gently caress

You mean to tell me that when people are dissatisfied by a product that a business is putting out they are going to express that dissatisfaction by no longer giving them money?

Holy gently caress.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

MassRafTer posted:

It was a very good match with some great nearfalls and one super believeable false finish. I must've forgotten those other 4 matches they did this year that featured a fighting spirit spot. I don't know if I'd call it a MOTYC but when it requires thought to figure it out it was a great match.

maybe its because in like 4 hours im going to be watching Okada/Styles and Honma/Tanahashi and Fale/Ishii but that isnt even the best match im going to have seen in a 6 hour period

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Yuriy posted:

maybe its because in like 4 hours im going to be watching Okada/Styles and Honma/Tanahashi and Fale/Ishii but that isnt even the best match im going to have seen in a 6 hour period

You seem like a pretty bad poster.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

You mean to tell me that when people are dissatisfied by a product that a business is putting out they are going to express that dissatisfaction by no longer giving them money?

Holy gently caress.

thats not what i said but okay

i was replying to him complaining that the WWE is shilling their product on their show

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Xenoletum posted:

Anyone who claims they're cancelling their network stream should be required to post proof of them doing so, followed by a permaban if they are posting reactions in a game day thread for obvious pirating.

Because watching a frontrow stream or some other site with the audio throttled so low that you have your speakers at max to hear and the video quality at sub scrambled TV levels is really sticking it to the man lemme tell you.

Should be a probation for even saying it, IMO. No one cares how much you click or un-click auto-subscribe.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I prefer Network shilling over DELICIOUS SONIC or Kickstarter

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

What the gently caress are Takis anyways

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Professor Funk posted:

The best chip at the dollar store

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuriy posted:

thats not what i said but okay

i was replying to him complaining that the WWE is shilling their product on their show

Yes, but you're also getting mad at people saying they're going to cancel. There is a direct correlation between the announcers advertising the Network and people then going "No, gently caress you" to them here by saying they aren't renewing. If you aren't surprised and upset by one you shouldn't be shocked and pissed off by the other.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

mkay0 posted:

The Summerslam poster leaked. Cena is facing Brock. If you follow wresting online and did not know Cena would retain tonight, I don't know what to tell you.

I wanted to believe WWE would not put the title on a guy who will only have two more matches between now and Mania at most, and/or that they would not let Cena have the Undertaker's Streak Heat.

Also Triple H vs Reigns for the belt as Co-main event to a non-title Cena/Lesnar match made sense to me as an alternate top card.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Yes, but you're also getting mad at people saying they're going to cancel. There is a direct correlation between the announcers advertising the Network and people then going "No, gently caress you" to them here by saying they aren't renewing. If you aren't surprised and upset by one you shouldn't be shocked and pissed off by the other.

if you don't see the difference between the guys being paid to advertise their employers product advertising their employers product and people who got huffy enough to threaten (they wont) to cancel their subscriptions over a "wet fart of a b-show" (thanks to whoever used that phrase) then im sorry

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Apparently, Brock Lesnar is currently living on the International Space Station.

Alterac
May 17, 2005

Do not be alarmed... Fap fap fap

Professor Funk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YLy4j8EZIk

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuriy posted:

if you don't see the difference between the guys being paid to advertise their employers product advertising their employers product and people who got huffy enough to threaten (they wont) to cancel their subscriptions over a "wet fart of a b-show" (thanks to whoever used that phrase) then im sorry

I did. I'm guessing at least a couple of the other people threatening to did as well. Just because you can't imagine not liking the product and no longer wanting to support it doesn't mean that everyone is of the same mindset.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

MotU posted:

The best chip at the dollar store

WRONG. The Fuego ones are awful.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

He's a bad poster. He doesn't get the point and he won't. It's best to move on.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

skaboomizzy posted:

WRONG. The Fuego ones are awful.

I love rock hard chips that stain my fingers and have no flavor, only heat

I mean this honestly I loving love those chips and I don't even eat chips really

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

:stare:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Sanguinia posted:

I wanted to believe WWE would not put the title on a guy who will only have two more matches between now and Mania at most, and/or that they would not let Cena have the Undertaker's Streak Heat.

Also Triple H vs Reigns for the belt as Co-main event to a non-title Cena/Lesnar match made sense to me as an alternate top card.

Reigns winning his first title in a four way on a second class PPV? Nah, son. He's winning the rumble and the belt at mania, anything less would be uncivilized.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTNv2dOBFJk

Jesus Christ let me just post this to bring some street cred back in here.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Reposting this from the other Battleground thread.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Can you give us some live feedback? Crowd seemed super hot at first, how fast did it die?

It was a really smarky crowd, at least my section was. We were hot for the tag match (and just about everyone was pulling for the Wyatts unless the Usos were doing something to pop the crowd) until the ending, massive boos started up when the Usos set up for their double splash. A little kid behind me tried to start a SAME OLD poo poo chant.

Divas match was eh. Nobody cared either way though there were some Paige chants.

Ambrose got the Jesus pop when he beat down Rollins. When HHH came out everyone assumed he was going to start the match. When he didn't we were all pissed. See you on Thunder!

The Rusev/Swagger match the place was the loudest it was all night outside of the main. They finally figured out how to get people behind Swagger, the place was loud and everyone cheering for Swagger, then the stupid DQ ending shut everyone up.

Bray/Y2J had everyone hot, at least the idea of it. Lots of Wyatt fans, lots of Jerichoholics. Then when the match didn't seem to be going anywhere, and then Jericho busts out a Codebreaker for the win, it more confused anyone by its anticlimax than anything else. Everyone seemed to assume Bray was going over and would get at least get his poo poo in.

For the Battle Royal, Ziggler, Sheamus, Slater, Kofi, Sandow, and especially Bo Dallas seemed to get the best reactions. Crowd popped huge for Barrett. Khali got booed hard. Huge cheers any time Bo eliminated a guy. When it looked like Ziggler was going to win, everyone was happy. Then Miz eliminated him and the crowd was just dead silent. Nobody cares about Miz.

Dueling Cena chants all through the main. Yes chants, Bryan chants, Same Old poo poo chants, etc etc. Orton still has heat, nobody cares about Kane, everyone loves Roman Reigns. Any time Cena broke up a pin or went for a pin the whole place exploded in boos. They would have been happy with Kane winning it at this point. When Cena won, the Cena fans popped and everyone else shut up. Then we went home. A lot of people expected a dark main for some reason but there wasn't one.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 21, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yuriy posted:

"wet fart of a b-show" (thanks to whoever used that phrase)

It was me, we're agreeing again, oh God, have I become a shitposter, what is going on?

Also I totally get people finding it annoying to have the commentators shilling the Network, it's a perfectly reasonable thing to get annoyed by, but it also, regrettably, makes business sense for WWE to do.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was me, we're agreeing again, oh God, have I become a shitposter, what is going on?

Also I totally get people finding it annoying to have the commentators shilling the Network, it's a perfectly reasonable thing to get annoyed by, but it also, regrettably, makes business sense for WWE to do.

I wouldn't be annoyed by them shilling the Network if they weren't so god drat condescending about it and poo poo like the app. I feel like I'm being talked down to every time one of those segments comes on. It's 2014, my god drat grandma knows how to download an app.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Chris James 2 posted:

The emptyquoting the Layla gif every page since its original posting is the most ashamed I've been to post in PSP, and hopefully it stops soon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My posts about it: 2
Your posts about it: 5 and counting

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 21, 2014

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

I wouldn't be annoyed by them shilling the Network if they weren't so god drat condescending about it and poo poo like the app. I feel like I'm being talked down to every time one of those segments comes on. It's 2014, my god drat grandma knows how to download an app.

Pro wrestling has never heard of any advertising technique other than BUY THIS poo poo NOW! BUY IT! BUY IT NOW YOU IDIOTS!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

you're reassuring the wrong guy but we're getting away from the core issue here and that's that the show was actually okay and had some good matches/spots/segments but ultimately i'll probably forget it even happened in a couple weeks

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

It's not condescending, it's just desperate. They just say "please, please, please subscribe to the Network!" and for some reason try to sell it based off of Legends House instead of "hey you can have every PPV literally ever for $10 a month and also save $500/year on current PPV costs."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

Whenever I see them at the grocery store I think of Sabor de Soledad.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dude that song is fire, just like the Takis!

Anyway that show sucked, but I'm moving to Orlando in a few weeks where I'll have cable. So until basketball season starts I'll probably watch Raw every week and read books if I'm not interested in what's happening.

If they would have given us the stupid Ambrose vs. Rollins match then the PPV would have been good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

You, again, are bringing up a reasonable point. However I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on this, I am not a business guru) the general rule of thumb in business and advertising is "when in doubt, err on the side of the people you're dealing with being really, REALLY stupid". And given some wrestling fans I've interacted with both IRL and especially online, well...let's just say WWE is probably smart in hedging their bets. It sucks for people with a certain IQ, but welp.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

It's not condescending, it's just desperate. They just say "please, please, please subscribe to the Network!" and for some reason try to sell it based off of Legends House instead of "hey you can have every PPV literally ever for $10 a month and also save $500/year on current PPV costs."

I dunno, I'd say they mention the "Get all the PPVs" thing most often, it's the backlog of content they don't talk up as much.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

My posts about it: 2
Your posts about it: 3 and counting

Layla is a beautiful woman and she has nice breasts and that .gif made me happy during an awful show. Let's just shut up about this shall we?

Edit: Also she's 37, I thought she was like 28.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You, again, are bringing up a reasonable point.

He's not tho. He's whinging and whining and worst of all, really bumming me out.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

I dunno, I'd say they mention the "Get all the PPVs" thing most often, it's the backlog of content they don't talk up as much.

Right, I was saying they should advertise the backlog more.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You, again, are bringing up a reasonable point. However I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on this, I am not a business guru) the general rule of thumb in business and advertising is "when in doubt, err on the side of the people you're dealing with being really, REALLY stupid". And given some wrestling fans I've interacted with both IRL and especially online, well...let's just say WWE is probably smart in hedging their bets. It sucks for people with a certain IQ, but welp.

Yeah, this is probably the sad truth of it. I actually miss the app segments because at least they were put off on their own and I could fast forward through them. The Network stuff has started to invade commentary during matches now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I was planning on skipping Battleground because what a boring loving card, and the WWE deciding to send me spoilers didn't exactly help. Any worthwhile matches at all?

tag

then gtfo

• Locked thread