Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Wikipedia posted:

Canadian content (abbreviated CanCon, cancon or can-con) refers to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) requirements, derived from the Broadcasting Act of Canada, that radio and television broadcasters (including cable and satellite specialty channels) must air a certain percentage of content that was at least partly written, produced, presented, or otherwise contributed to by persons from Canada. It also refers to that content itself, and, more generally, to cultural and creative content that is Canadian in nature.

quote:

Magic! is a Canadian reggae fusion band

Canadian music music is a worthless abyss and I hope all Canadian "artists" die in the prolonged painful deaths that they deserve. Except Aalanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill was OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

how can they write music when it's so cold

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah maybe don't mention The Tragically Hip, or Our Lady Peace, or Neverending White Lights, just mention all the really lovely pop music coming out of Canada, that's really fair. Go back to your condo and wait for death.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Counterpoint:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

IRQ posted:

Counterpoint:

see this dude knows what is up

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

sorry

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Canadians don't really 'get' music

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what was his name?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Canada needs to stop

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Says the land that gave us Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Hansen, Johnny Cash to name a few...

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Says the land that gave us Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Hansen, Johnny Cash to name a few...

um, wtf is wrong with johnny cash pray tell?

also, everyone needs to remember that canada gave us Chuggo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeHk4WMWpY

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Claven666 posted:

come on loving guy

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Claven666 posted:

what was that one song he did about shooting a man just to watch him die and then that other one hurt about taking heroin geez depressing much?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

what was that one song he did about shooting a man just to watch him die and then that other one hurt about taking heroin geez depressing much?

are you loving retarded

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i honestly cant tell but i would feel really bad about all the times ive called you a human being and a retard if youre actually legitimately retarded

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Iggy Koopa posted:

i honestly cant tell but i would feel really bad about all the times ive called you a human being and a retard if youre actually legitimately retarded

Stop being so Canadian.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Hey Olives, Big Wreck asked me to tell you to jump off a cliff.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Iggy Koopa posted:

Chill Winston, just cos some of us don't get off watching a 'good ol boy' singing the blues or whatever.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

no i mean because trent reznor wrote hurt you loving mongoloid

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

GY!BE and TSMZOTLLB OP

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Iggy Koopa posted:

no i mean because trent reznor wrote hurt you loving mongoloid

Irrelevent. Johnny Cash still chose of his own free will to song a song expressly about mainlining heroin. Hardly a role model!

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
Cowboy Junkies
The Band
Joni Mitchell
Neil Young

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Nanomashoes posted:

GY!BE and TSMZOTLLB OP

silver mount zion is really good

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Our Lady Peace lmao ahahaha

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I am Canadian and hope The Tragically Hip all die in some kind of horrific accident that leaves their bodies unidentifiable as even human. Gordon Downy's voice is as irritating nails on a chalkboard and the music is repetative and simplistic but still better than Downy's voice.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Fermented Tinal posted:

I am Canadian and hope The Tragically Hip all die in some kind of horrific accident that leaves their bodies unidentifiable as even human. Gordon Downy's voice is as irritating nails on a chalkboard and the music is repetative and simplistic but still better than Downy's voice.

this but about u

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

IRQ posted:

Counterpoint:

Not that great.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Death From Above 1979

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

Can you explain why Canada is so worthless?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Whole Internet posted:

Death From Above 1979

these guys are releasing a new album :eyepop:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

tv shows, too

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

icantfindaname posted:

tv shows, too

this one i cant argue with, but a lot of good american shows are filmed here :D

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Sam Roberts is pretty good and Canadian.

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

I live here and can confirm that Canada is bad I don't know why I haven't killed myself yet.

Last night I literally had a dream that I moved to NYC and it was great.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i don't think i'm alone in saying this canadian content tax break business is one of the most monstrous crimes against human dignity of our age

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

like the goal is to promote canada's culture i guess but after seeing the stuff it produces i don't think i like canada's culture very much, so maybe it's backfiring

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Three Olives posted:

Quebec

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmdq2NrnGg0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Three Olives posted:

Canadians just don't get passionate about stuff because the cold has dulled their brains.

• Locked thread