Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pedantra

by Lowtax
we need a theme for this years back-to-school dance. Please also let us know who you will be taking so we can arrange seating assignments for dinner. This may as well double as the megathread for outfit advice/ What you are wearing to the school dance. Ummm... i guess that's it. Oh yeah, and boys makes sure you ask that special someone soon or she'll soon be takennn *bats eyelids at dogcrash truther*

UPDATE:

Welp... the theme this year is AIDS. I'd like to take this moment to silently reflect upon the evisceration of the FYAD psychopath community by the virus... we wish you the best of luck, in hell.

UPDATE 2:

Known couples in order of discovery [binding]:
Pedantra + Cruft
I Dunno + Captain Nomates
Chairman Meow + Iamhe
Windmill Slayer + Husky Dilf
Saboten + Fartghost
Saranya + Salmiakki
Fluffie Duckie + Zombie303

Pedantra fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LappyDore64

by XyloJW
i vote school shooting as the theme

:jihad:

SIDS Vicious

magic under the sea

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I say we do the toga theme again. Was a hit back in 2012!

cruft

Pedantra, will you go to the dance with me? :blush:

Pedantra

by Lowtax

LappyDore64 posted:

i vote school shooting as the theme

:jihad:

this may be a little similar to last years "blood sport" theme but I'll allow it to be voted upon

SIDS Vicious

im thinking of asking fluffie duckie but i heard she might be one of the chaperones

Salmiakki

i will be wearing a suit at the dance

cruft

Salmiakki posted:

i will be wearing a suit at the dance

Speedo and bowtie for me.

Pedantra

by Lowtax

cruft posted:

Pedantra, will you go to the dance with me? :blush:

er... um... cruft! *blushing profusely* hehe, ha.... um.... well... you seeeee... i was err eehhh,, waiting for someone in particular to ask but.... weellll.... Okay :D

WindmillSlayer

Does anyone know if Blues Clues has a date?

Salmiakki

cruft posted:

Speedo and bowtie for me.

put the bowtie on top of the speedo

cruft

Pedantra posted:

er... um... cruft! *blushing profusely* hehe, ha.... um.... well... you seeeee... i was err eehhh,, waiting for someone in particular to ask but.... weellll.... Okay :D

Oh wow.

[Side note: it never played out this way for me in actual high school]

Salmiakki posted:

put the bowtie on top of the speedo

This is a solid plan, hope you don't mind Pedantra.

Reset Button

*clears throat* as president of the goth club, we would like to see this year's theme be "Beelzebub's rotting corpse infested with maggots that spits acid and its own putrid flesh at the girls who don't like us such as Stacy and Becky". I have wonderful selection of Bauhaus for mood music. I'll just leave my records over there...

SIDS Vicious

WindmillSlayer posted:

Does anyone know if Blues Clues has a date?

he likes boys now sorry windy :(

cruft

Oh, a theme.

I suggest "The Grungy 90s"

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i'm going to keep an eagle eye on every one of you so no funny business

Captain No-mates

i would like to nominate the yugoslav wars as the theme, people can choose which side to dress up as which would be a lot of fun!

Pedantra

by Lowtax
*ahem* I have just been informed that there will be a new rule at this years school dance, all attendees MUST bring a date, and those who are unable will have their dates assigned. Thank you. I will be updating the OP with a list of known pairings later tonight and we'll start on assignments once we have a clear picture. Thank you.

Salmiakki

Pedantra posted:

*ahem* I have just been informed that there will be a new rule at this years school dance, all attendees MUST bring a date, and those who are unable will have their dates assigned. Thank you. I will be updating the OP with a list of known pairings later tonight and we'll start on assignments once we have a clear picture. Thank you.

i cant wait to find out which postin gal or pal will be my date...

SIDS Vicious

Pedantra posted:

if my fiancee goes to a different school can i bring her as a date still?

Captain No-mates

Iggy Koopa posted:

lmao sids still pretending he has a fiance who lives in canada

cruft

Pedantra posted:

That is a pretty lovely rule.

I hereby offer myself as a date for anybody who wants to attend the dance but can't get a date. I'm still totally going with Pedantra but I'm happy to be anybody's standby since the rules don't say this isn't allowed.

cruft

cruft posted:

I'm still totally going with Pedantra

Brief serious post: this thread is for reals bringing back the excitement of having a date for a school dance. I'm actually nervous here in my office chair. Weird.

Pedantra

by Lowtax

Iggy Koopa posted:

normally yes, but since this is the back to school dance and we insist it be students only so they can get to know one another and reconnect with old friends without outside baggage.

cruft

Um. I hope you're not running for re-election because.

Reset Button

Pedantra posted:

as president of the goth delegation we would like to state that this is a clear violation of our rights. girls do not want to talk to us and the only girl in our delegation is Ebony and she doesn't shower.
I can't help but feel as if this could all be solved with more maggots and despair.

cruft

Reset Button posted:

as president of the goth delegation we would like to state that this is a clear violation of our rights. girls do not want to talk to us and the only girl in our delegation is Ebony and she doesn't shower.
I can't help but feel as if this could all be solved with more maggots and despair.

I'll be your date, Reset Button.

Gonna request the DJ play "promiscuous girl" :pervert:

SIDS Vicious

she came here for a week before her parents transferred schools

cruft

cruft posted:

Pedantra is still totes my date tho, just wanna make that clear.

Reset Button

cruft posted:

Gonna request the DJ play "promiscuous girl" :pervert:

we of the goth delegation withdraw our request for more maggots and hereby accept this invitation.
by we, I mean myself and my headmates, Alucard and Elizabeth Bathory.

WindmillSlayer

If Blues Clues has a date I'm going with DCT, I liked him first Pedantra.

Reset Button

cruft posted:

Pedantra is still totes my date tho, just wanna make that clear.

I am fine with polyamory as is Lucifer, son of the morning.

cruft

Reset Button posted:

I am fine with polyamory as is Lucifer, son of the morning.

Okay look I need to make this clear. I will be your date for purposes of getting in to the dance. But that does not mean I am buying you dinner at The Cooperage, and you are not invited into my 1979 Toranado after the dance.

Pedantra

by Lowtax
im getting cucked by cruft :sweatdrop:

Looke

aids

cruft

Pedantra posted:

im getting cucked by cruft :sweatdrop:

Oh, no, baby, you're still my #1 girl, I just wanted to give people an option around this bullshit new rule so they could still go to the dance even if they didn't have a date.

Looke

or an interpretive dance based on sids life

Pedantra

by Lowtax

this gets my vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LappyDore64

by XyloJW
this rule is dumb, maybe i'll do a theme conversion at the dance if that's the case :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread