Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
After the Ireland card and all this talk about Cerrone potentially dropping to 145... I vote for Cowboy/Conor. Cuz violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
That card loving owned from start to finish. I woud have paid money for the prelims as a fight card to be honest.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mptHMU2S7c

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

I recognize everyone in that video. What does that say about me?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

DAS Super! posted:

I recognize everyone in that video. What does that say about me?

drat man, this thread and the still open gdt are producing a lot of psp personal info. I approve.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

That video got me so pumped, I wish I had a job so I could buy tickets to that and UFC 177.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
thread is closed now but to captain log and agent tough juice : that GDT was the best in a long, long time and i hope yall keep doing stuff

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Solid countdown vid.

Also I enjoyed this editing

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I got mildly annoyed by Ron Perlman saying "Rogerio" instead of "Hogerio".

Also, :lol: at Clay Guida talking about "knock 'em out, rock 'em sock 'em robot style" when his last KO win was in 2008

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

LobsterMobster posted:

I got mildly annoyed by Ron Perlman saying "Rogerio" instead of "Hogerio".

Also, :lol: at Clay Guida talking about "knock 'em out, rock 'em sock 'em robot style" when his last KO win was in 2008

Huh. I feel like an idiot. Had no idea that was Ron Perlman.

I guess it makes sense, though. He looks an awful lot like the third Nogueira twin.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

LobsterMobster posted:

"I'm going to avoid engaging him at all on the feet then maybe I'll lay on him for a few minutes"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Huh. I feel like an idiot. Had no idea that was Ron Perlman.

Wrestling. Wrestling never changes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Yuriy posted:

thread is closed now but to captain log and agent tough juice : that GDT was the best in a long, long time and i hope yall keep doing stuff

:respek:

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
When is TKZ back? Throw Conor at him.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Lucasar posted:

That's actually a real good idea.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i wish that was last night's fight

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Don't read threads. Don't watch fights. Definitely don't party with Conor McGregor and his hunchback friends & Oompa Loompa hangers-on afterwards.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
I don't know all that much about Holly Holm to be honest, but everything I've read about her and her interviews make me like her. I'll be rooting for her to turn into a relevant contender.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/2...dublin-mma-news

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lucasar posted:

His shoulder is really borked from the last I heard, and the person even said he would be surprised if he ever competed again :(

Although TKZ did call someone out kind of recently after a big win, so maybe that journalist is misinformed.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

-Atom- posted:

His shoulder is really borked from the last I heard, and the person even said he would be surprised if he ever competed again :(

Although TKZ did call someone out kind of recently after a big win, so maybe that journalist is misinformed.

Cub Swanson. Seems ambitious to me.

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I don't know all that much about Holly Holm to be honest, but everything I've read about her and her interviews make me like her. I'll be rooting for her to turn into a relevant contender.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/2...dublin-mma-news

I am with you. I like the humility. If she was too eager it would mean either she was a secret super beast or more likely underestimating Ronda. She seems to be ready to be patient and earn it.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/07/28/mean-girl

quote:

This February in Venice, California, it was still chilly when Rousey woke up, at four-fifteen, and made herself some eggs: spinach, turkey bacon, lots of pink Himalayan salt. She lives in a comfortably unkempt house, not far from the boardwalk, that she shares with three other female fighters—they call themselves the Four Horsewomen, in tribute to an old professional wrestling team—and a ninety-pound Argentinian hunting dog named Mochi. Her roommates were still asleep when she left to begin her daily commute: thirty miles across Los Angeles to the Glendale Fighting Club, a one-story anomaly on South Brand Boulevard, which is otherwise lined with luxury-car dealerships. She had to be there early for a series of live interviews with KTLA, which was interrupting its morning show to give viewers a preview of Rousey’s upcoming fight, her ninth, against a talented but relatively unknown wrestler named Sara McMann.

I guess the UFC paying for her apartment across from the Glendale Fight Club isn't a thing anymore

quote:

During her judo years, Rousey kept a blog, now deleted, which provided a vivid chronicle of her single-minded life. “I can’t describe the way losing hurts,” she wrote, after an overtime defeat in the final round of a prestigious tournament in Tokyo. “The whole time I’m crying the salt from it stings every bit of matburn on my face and I just wanna curl up and disappear.”

A few seconds of searching yields this - https://web.archive.org/web/20101126172331/http://www.rondarousey.net/blog/?page_id=4

Hardbody Jones fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 21, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Skimming it yields not much that's more embarrassing than anything on TUF, but it's still a fun read.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Lucasar posted:

The striking exchange would be fun but I think Zombie would submit the crap out of him.

Also, I expect the UFC to not rush Connor too much, he's very valuable if he maintains his winning streak.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Matthew Burton Brown is scheduled in a mixed martial arts bout against Robert Glen Lawler this Saturday, guys.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Who cares, Phil Baroni has a fight this week

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't know what else there is to say about that match. It's the best bet for fireworks since Hunt/JDS and I hope neither of them come out the worse from it.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'd never count Brown entirely out of a fight, but he gets badly hurt in nearly every match he's in, and as I believe duncan opined, Lawler is genetically programmed to murder anyone who's hurt underneath him

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i'm not gonna be able to see the fight and its the most disappointed i've been in a long rear end time

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Stun-gun is going to wreck Woodley right? Am I missing something here?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Woodley might be able to punch him and get a fast stoppage.

If he gasses at all though, Dong is gonna kill him.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
While new stun gun unquestionably owns, he is incredibly easy to hit and with Woodleys power that could lead to a funny KO real fast.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/07/28/mean-girl

I guess the UFC paying for her apartment across from the Glendale Fight Club isn't a thing anymore

It is kind of weird to me that someone who is easily making six (probably seven) figures still chooses to live in an apartment with three of her gal pals that requires her to commute 60 miles through LA every day.

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

david carmichael posted:

i'm not gonna be able to see the fight and its the most disappointed i've been in a long rear end time

Exact same situation, exact same feeling :(

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I expect Kim to win cause he's a bigger better grappler than Woodley. I'll give Woodley that he's powerful and reasonably durable but so is Kim so I dunno how important those two will be for Woodley before Kim takes him down.

This post made me curious to look up the odds for some upcoming matches and of note: Jon Jones is the smallest favorite he's been since the Shogun match and the line on Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso owns. Daniel Cormier vs Patrick Cummins had more favorable odds for the underdog, I think.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

colonel_korn posted:

It is kind of weird to me that someone who is easily making six (probably seven) figures still chooses to live in an apartment with three of her gal pals that requires her to commute 60 miles through LA every day.

All the Ronda interviews I've read/heard seems to indicate that she's sitting on all her money for retirement.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Who the gently caress is Chris Cariaso and why is he fighting for a title

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

colonel_korn posted:

If you ever lived in Venice or Santa Monica you would not want to live in any other part of LA, especially not the shithole where their gym is.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

colonel_korn posted:

She's not married/have a family or whatever and she is probably away training/fighting/filming movies a lot of the time. Why blow all that money on a sweet pad you wont even be able to really enjoy? That's my thinking at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

Who the gently caress is Chris Cariaso and why is he fighting for a title

I dunno but the current reasoning in Vegas is people were more willing to place money on a Starbucks barista with 4 pro fights making his UFC debut on incredibly short notice than putting their money on a guy who has tons of UFC/WEC fights and overall a decent record. It owns.

• Locked thread