Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp
But I'm glad she made out alive after the season finale. Walter was much, much worse on every level and it's too bad that he essentially killed himself rather than getting shot in the head by Jesse. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Reddit Account
Nov 27, 2013

by XyloJW
Cool I didn't know your name was Skyler White, OP

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
le snape kills dumbledore epic lulz XD

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
She goes through some poo poo and reacts much like I would expect any normal person to react.

What annoyed me about her is how loving whitebread she is in S1, she freaks out about weed and poo poo and has Walter all being sorry about 'buying weed' from Jesse. It's like bitch HE HAS CANCER let him smoke a J get over it.

Not a good mafia wife.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I hated the kid

Talk like a normal person douchebag

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
not even the actress thought skylar was a good character. the whole role was meant to be a cockblock for walt to do cool poo poo so of course she was an insufferable oval office.

post goons unironically defending skylar cause i seriously dont believe thought she was good.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
what is this? - Barry, Resident Evil, 1998

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
she was right to be concerned about him smoking weed

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
even the actress was like 'yes shes totally a bitch' but you still had tons of dumb male feminists defending her and saying anyone who didn't like her was a misogynist lmao

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
eat my poo poo, OP!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

sorry you can't even muster empathy for a character designed for that purpose op.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I hated the kid

Talk like a normal person douchebag

lol the kid apparently has cerebral palsy irl so he wasn't even acting he thought he got adopted Breaking Bad Man was his new father

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Skyler was cool and we all would have hosed Ted lets be honest

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

lol the kid apparently has cerebral palsy irl so he wasn't even acting he thought he got adopted Breaking Bad Man was his new father
hosed up if true

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the kid didn't actually have cerebral palsy irl but when he got the part he built a time machine and deliberately limited the intake of oxygen to his brain during fetal development because he is super into method acting

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

How often do you think Hank came home drunk as gently caress and just the poo poo out of Marie.

Just beat the poo poo out of her

Stupid loving useless Marie hiding scared in the bathroom clutching the phone hoping she can build the courage to finally call the police while the alcoholic beast that she once loved storms through the house breaking poo poo and screaming about minerals

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
I thought Skylar White suffered from being poorly written more than anything else. It seemed like at some point the writers did everything they could make Walt appear really impressive, etc...

I also thought the second half of season 5 was kind of a let down, especially with that ending.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

in the talk show they did at the end of the finale of Breaking Bad the guy who played Jesse talked about all the money he raised for his wife's charity and said "now she can use this money to go on a speaking tour to schools" and goons in TVIV thought he had just accidentally revealed it was a massive scam and that he was gonna get divorced

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
im pretty sure the name is written "schuyler", OP

Dubsy
Jul 17, 2014

Whirlwind Jones posted:

hosed up if true

he would actually stay up late nights so that his cerebral palsy would be worse when filming time came, because I suppose his version was more mild, or less disabling, whatever is the unoffensive way of saying it.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

god I hope theres a skyler and marie spinoff show in the works

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I think it was pretty bad they shot that mom who did heroin with jesse because it was like drat you already killed her little brother a few seasons ago and now you kill her I felt really bad for that pretty loving awesome grandma who didn't deserve that and you know in the end it didn't really do much of anything to advance the plot and just kinda felt like violence for the sake of violence which is, lets be real, lazy writing

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
both were fine honestly

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 642 days!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

How often do you think Hank came home drunk as gently caress and just the poo poo out of Marie.

Just beat the poo poo out of her

Stupid loving useless Marie hiding scared in the bathroom clutching the phone hoping she can build the courage to finally call the police while the alcoholic beast that she once loved storms through the house breaking poo poo and screaming about minerals

Man a whole episode of this would have been awesome, and also a much more realistic presentation of the kind of hosed up sociopathic losers that make up the DEA.

Chatterbox
Jul 17, 2014

When the going gets weird, the weird go professional.
Thanks for the spoilers you cuntbags!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Effectronica posted:

im pretty sure the name is written "schuyler", OP

she's white as hell so yeah i could believe it's spelled that way

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I never understood the Skyler hate. Yeah she was naggy in the beginning but later, how dare she not be on board with her innocent, milquetoast husband turning into a murderous druglord??

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Everything Sklyer did was for Her Family.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chatterbox posted:

Thanks for the spoilers you cuntbags!

please don't spoiler war and peace i haven't finished reading it yet

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

I never understood the Skyler hate. Yeah she was naggy in the beginning but later, how dare she not be on board with her innocent, milquetoast husband turning into a murderous druglord??

I don't really get it either.

It's like how dare she not just go along and keep her mouth shut and be complicit, hello bros she was freaking out about weed she's clearly not the crime type.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Robo Reagan posted:

she's white as hell so yeah i could believe it's spelled that way

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

another male feminist trying to ruin media :rolleyes:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Skyler had some interesting plot lines.

Lets compare her to Betty Draper from Mad Men. Most of her plot lines involve her getting outsmarted by children.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

I don't really get it either.

It's like how dare she not just go along and keep her mouth shut and be complicit, hello bros she was freaking out about weed she's clearly not the crime type.

people get really antsy when things don't turn out a-okay in the end for some reason. i like depressing as gently caress endings better, they stick with you more

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 642 days!
Her character was pretty awful though, and her retarded son was insufferable.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Breaking Bad legit had a great ending and I hope you loving choke on a long log of poo poo if you disagree

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I had read something with Anna Gunn and Vince Gilligan where they were like "yeah uh some of our fans are nuts and think Skyler is a horrid bitch for not supporting Walter's rise as a druglord"

if you identified with Walt or was annoyed when Skyler got in the way of him making and distributing meth, you need to reevaluate lol

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

*woman attempts to drown self in swimming pool as result of dangerous husband and alienation from her son* lol stupid oval office

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
that show isn't even on anymore

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Her character was pretty awful though, and her retarded son was insufferable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what do you think the message is meant to be with walt jr being disabled and wanting his name not to be "walt"

• Locked thread