Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Kuvo posted:

Just recorded a two hour session where I forgot to push play on the video capture device so the LP is taking a week hiatus so I can drink myself into a stupor

Stream this^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
Whatever the actual reference may be, GTA San Andreas left me only one choice. To add music.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So have you unlocked the ability to play more unchallenging minigames at an assortment of points across the globe?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Kuvo posted:

Just recorded a two hour session where I forgot to push play on the video capture device so the LP is taking a week hiatus so I can drink myself into a stupor

The drinking would have happened regardless.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
yeah but now it's sad drinking :(

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Glazius posted:

So have you unlocked the ability to play more unchallenging minigames at an assortment of points across the globe?

Nope! We'll never see that rhythm game ever again!

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Just have Vicas tell us a recap

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I'm thinking I may re-record all the poo poo we did and edit it down to a single episode to spare Vicas/Geop/Minifoo the pain of having to sit thought it all again.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Kuvo posted:

I'm thinking I may re-record all the poo poo we did and edit it down to a single episode to spare Vicas/Geop/Minifoo the pain of having to sit thought it all again.

A jargogle posted:

Just have Vicas tell us a recap

I'd be willing to do the needful

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Vicas posted:

I'd be willing to do the needful

Let's do a compromise and have Vicas narrate an illustrated flashback.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Go the Pork Lift route and have someone draw a really bad cartoon.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
I was going to suggest simply slapping the old audio onto a new recording and acting like nothing happened, but a Vicas recap sounds much better.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ramengank posted:

I was going to suggest simply slapping the old audio onto a new recording and acting like nothing happened, but a Vicas recap sounds much better.

Listen, if I'm forced to sit though this dumb plot dialog twice you guys aren't getting off the hook with Vicas giving a 5 minute summary. I'm already condensing the 2.5 hours of crap into a supercut of endless dialog and nonsense plot words. Hope you love back to back skits :unsmigghh:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
One long video of nothing but all the cutscenes and skits? Joy. :rolleyes:

These summons had better look pretty cool.

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
I would be down with just the commentary with Vicas' illustrations.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Kuvo posted:

Listen, if I'm forced to sit though this dumb plot dialog twice you guys aren't getting off the hook with Vicas giving a 5 minute summary. I'm already condensing the 2.5 hours of crap into a supercut of endless dialog and nonsense plot words. Hope you love back to back skits :unsmigghh:

Actually, I like that better than watching the trash rear end battle system so uhm I guess I do thanks.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

RotationSurgeon posted:

Actually, I like that better than watching the trash rear end battle system so uhm I guess I do thanks.

the battle system is pretty fun on hard

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

the battle system is pretty fun on hard

It can be fun on easy/normal too if you use more than 3 moves over and over again. Yuri can infinite combo enemies later in the game once you get the high/hyper/ultimate tension skills, and before that you can still get quite a few hits if you learn how the Super Chains work and use them properly (linking 3-5 artes together instead of 2). The game gives you tools to make combat interesting but it's up to the player to use them.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well I was able to cut 2.5 hours down to 45 minutes. Now to say all the same jokes again :shepface:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Kuvo posted:

Well I was able to cut 2.5 hours down to 45 minutes. Now to say all the same jokes again :shepface:

You have no idea how good i am at rehashing jokes

also at making jokes about how we've seen this before

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

As evidenced by the Shovel Knight stream, I have no qualms with digging up old jokes.

(Also I passed out for like 20 minutes of the Lost Episodes ahaha :()

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Ep 86: Cross Dissolve Youtube

Have fun watching the stuff we did twice.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

I had to.

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010
I think Eternia had like a million small gnome copies and a big summon spirit verison of gnome, so maybe the multiple spirit thing would work similarly in this game (water element blastia would be small undines etc.) Considering all blastia are pieces of apatheia, there wouldn't be that many different kinds of spirits since a lot of the blastia would come from the same source. You should be happy they only made you get 4 spirits though, they could scrape the bottom of the barrel and pull out stuff like Sekundes and Origin.

By the way, you seemed to have some problems with hitting enemies laying down a oouple of times in the video Kuvo, try attacking while pressing the free run button to make enemies stand up quicker. The timing might take some getting used to but it's pretty useful once you get it down.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
The reason you couldn't use MA on Gusios was because you never actually put him in hitstun with your preceeding artes, as seen from the constant shield effect he has when you hit him.

Either way, great job on this new video, please make more like it.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Repede was too visible too often in this episode. 1/10. :colbert:

(It must be he is feeling less camera shy with Judy on his back.)

Worst Man in Space
Aug 31, 2011
Which episode does Carol have to solo the boss in and which episode does he have to dress up like a girl? I remember those were the best parts of this game but forget when they happen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Worst Man in Space posted:

Which episode does Carol have to solo the boss in and which episode does he have to dress up like a girl? I remember those were the best parts of this game but forget when they happen.

70 and 83 respectively.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 86: Slurphy Youtube

Back to our regularly scheduled anime. Big thanks to Curtiss for filling in on short notice.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The video seems to cut out right before the last cutscene ends. Yuri says "Let's try to focus on-" and then it fades out. Not that it matters much.

I've grown so tired of this game, I tend to skip through the videos, just randomly listening to bits of your banter and watching the cutscenes. The characters used to be the highlight of this game, but Yuri has just kind of become the boring anime mope he wasn't supposed to be. I wish Yeager was still around. :(

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
I don't remember the echo in the canyon area cutscenes at all. Then again this section is completely forgettable. From the world map it just looks like all cliffs way above sea level with no gradual slopes, like someone took a few cookie cutters to a regular plateau and then stuck it on the ocean.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

And More posted:

The video seems to cut out right before the last cutscene ends. Yuri says "Let's try to focus on-" and then it fades out. Not that it matters much.

That was the last line in the cutscene and I accidentally pressed A a bit too early so it faded out. I cut the video there because it seems a good as a time as any before the next section of the dungeon.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

That's good, then. I figured they were just about done talking, but I wasn't quite sure whether it was also the end of the update since the videos usually don't end on cutscenes.

Kind of a weird decision on the game makers' part to let you skip cutscenes by pressing A, though. Was that a thing back in Symphonia? I seem to remember accidentally skipping a cutscene in that game right after a boss battle, and having to do it all over again so I could watch the animes talk.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I kind of like the guild structure they spent all that time setting up, since it gives NPCs an excuse to be in the same place as us, even this late in the plot.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Just rediscovered this thing I did which kinda sums up our feelings about getting this LP done:

https://vine.co/v/b2xxElbudzM

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 88: Thank you Sylph Youtube

Plot was dumped but it feels like nothing at all happened in this episode

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Talking about arena's. Kuvo should do Estelle's coliseum run just for the costume.

Also the tail shape that's also seen in other games is based off of this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven-Branched_Sword

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 8, 2014

Derpes
Oct 5, 2010
To touch on what you were talking about at the end of the video, the war was 10 years ago, not 20. Remember the scene where Raven mentioned that if he met Judith during the war he wouldn't have remembered her because a 10 year old would have been too young for him?

There's been a lot of tractor beams and a lack of gold cats in the last few episodes, I thought you were going to fix this problem Vicas :colbert:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Dog's in frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 89: Cucumbers Youtube

Prepare for 20 episodes of sidequests

• Locked thread