Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
lmao

i think hes blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Holy poo poo! I hope you have plans to torture and murder his family in front of him and then put him out of his misery slowly.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

ive shown him tons of examples and hes always like "it looks exactly the same"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chuck Tanner posted:

ive shown him tons of examples and hes always like "it looks exactly the same"

He needs to see an eye doctor, matey.

Dec 26, 2012

sever

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

Holy poo poo! I hope you have plans to torture and murder his family in front of him and then put him out of his misery slowly.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

i cant see the difference. maybe if they were actually side by side

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Your friend is a moron

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
maybe your friend has a broken brain op

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
i see it now. they should have said 'pay attn to the corners' instead of how it feels

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

All games should be locked at 24 FPS so they're more like movies and/or my favorite TV show Family Matters

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
A 24 FPS lock is one of the steps video games need to take in order to truly become art.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

60 fps is extremely important for a game to look good, which is why the wii u is the only true next gen console, as it has the most 60 fps hd exclusives

Kill your idiot friend.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Lmao if you are too stupid to tell the difference

Seriously how dumb do you have to be to not process images quickly

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Sorry OP the only good fps rates are prime numbers.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Some people aren't that sensitive to the fps but they'll still notice big swings in fps

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I think its more important that a game keeps a constant fps with no dips

Soral
May 30, 2009

kill him then yourself, op

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Citing a difference between 30 and 60 fps is just something rigtards do to justify their monthly $4000 videocard upgrades.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

there is not, op

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Citing a difference between 30 and 60 fps is just something rigtards do to justify their monthly $4000 videocard upgrades.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The Rigtarded Homo.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Knuc U Kinte posted:

pc gaming has been the cheapest it's ever been.

in fact, it was cheaper to upgrade my pc instead of buying a next gen console and it's more powerful than a ps4.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

stoutfish posted:

in fact, it was cheaper to upgrade my pc instead of buying a next gen console and it's more powerful than a ps4.

Durrr.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
*Purchases fairly priced, easy to use console with FUN games like a sir.*

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

stoutfish posted:

:ssh: that means you had already purchased a relatively high end CPU before upgrading the video card, or vice versa

You can build a serviceable gaming machine for about $400-600 but I doubt it will be more powerful than a ps4

it will have games worth playing, though

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im sorry killzone has never been on pc, enjoy your console ports

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The Rigtarded Homo.

please don't unveil my upcoming NBC detective procedural

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SM64Guy posted:

im sorry killzone has never been on pc, enjoy your console ports

pscx2 owned

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

zen death robot posted:

PC gaming is poisoned by poo poo tier MOBAs and Free-to-Gay bullshit that you just don't have to deal with on modern consoles.

hm, yes, more having more options is a pretty big downside

ed: also sony is using the ps4 to bring the glory of f2p to consoles with the likes of planetside 2 and warframe

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

:ssh: that means you had already purchased a relatively high end CPU before upgrading the video card, or vice versa

You can build a serviceable gaming machine for about $400-600 but I doubt it will be more powerful than a ps4

it will have games worth playing, though

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

hm, yes, more having more options is a pretty big downside

ed: also sony is using the ps4 to bring the glory of f2p to consoles with the likes of planetside 2 and warframe

Stfu.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

zen death robot posted:

I don't recognize the legitimacy of these things

also the xbone has killer instinct

free to play is the future, all hail free to play

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

imp zone gotta rise above these old debates. pc grandpas have too much retirement time to defend masterrace honor anyway so its never a fair fight.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i got a ps4 and quickly realized there was nothing to play on it since i already played ground zeroes on ps3 so im just gonna use it as a resogun machine until bloodborne comes out

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

zen death robot posted:

Resogun is loving awesome

yeah its cool, im not really a fan of the bossfights though, at least hte first one

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

it's gay, YOUR way

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

stoutfish posted:

Can someone please get rid of this obvious ex-YCS troll and propagandist. Oh word you can buy a fairly affordable and hell, a powerful PC within a few hundred big ones. Please tell me more you loving Shitpiece.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

a higher fps is important in video games because in regular, 24 fps film, frame to frame motion blur is captured in a 'natural' way by the lens, so nothing about it looks unreal to people. but recreating that in a formula is still a somewhat open question, at least for games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chute shine boy
Aug 7, 2013
i only watch locally sourced artisanal frames

• Locked thread