Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

I'll do it.

While I would love nothing more than not having to read budreck's sporadic drive-by shitposting, we don't really do permaban toxxes anymore, as we've been trying to limit permas to pedophiles, dead people, and people who actively disrupt the site. Do a regular ban bet if you're into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The Reem is back: http://vimeo.com/101424931

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

fatherdog posted:

While I would love nothing more than not having to read budreck's sporadic drive-by shitposting, we don't really do permaban toxxes anymore, as we've been trying to limit permas to pedophiles, dead people, and people who actively disrupt the site. Do a regular ban bet if you're into that.

Or I suppose he could commit forums as well as real life seppuku.

kribber
Nov 17, 2006

This has been said before but the production value in these is incredible.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

I'm really pumped for this fight for some reason. I feel like Cormier is going to channel some 2003-2006 Fedor and throw ugly tubby man baseball death at Jones and that makes us all happy. Is Cormier a dad? I feel like he has the look and feel of a man of could fight with Dad Strength.

We can win this fight, PSP. I'm going to start pep talking the parrot.

Cormier is a dad, and I'm pretty sure he Highlander'd Hendo's Ultra-Dad STRENF.

The only problem is I think DC's got maybe three MurderDeathKill punches in him before his hands crumble to dust (again), but he could always KO Jones via back drop driver.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
So DC is going into the fight with his knee still messed up? Jeez, like he didn't have enough disadvantages against Jones already.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Maybe Jones is trying to gain dad strength too with that creepy "I hope you're ready to come to daddy" tweet he sent DC.

I'm not sure Jon Jones knows that poo poo talking is not the same as the language of seduction.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I thought jones as a daddy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Senjuro posted:

So DC is going into the fight with his knee still messed up? Jeez, like he didn't have enough disadvantages against Jones already.

Unlike Jones, Cormier is capable of operating effectively at 0.15%

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

niethan posted:

I thought jones as a daddy

You're right. And DC's daughter is beefing with Jon's daughter right now.

Cormier's daughter is confidently screaming about how her daddy's gonna win and Little Jones was coerced into doing this: http://instagram.com/p/q0LF0ysDBl

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The tricky thing with Jones's reach is that he has set up his striking game to have more than one layer to his "inside" - it's not a matter of slipping the long punch and smothering his strikes, because then you have that whole blender of elbows to deal with. Because of that and the height differential I kind of expect Cormier to be coming in really low on Jones's legs, or at least under his centre of gravity, moreso than trying to Fedor his way into a clinch.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Senjuro posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he eats like a million oblique kicks to that knee.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
DC winning by DQ due to eye pokes would be the best result really.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sportsgenius86 posted:

:golfclap:

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Which ref disqualified Jones? Mazzagatti, right? I hope he's picked for the upcoming fight to at least make Jones think twice before doing his usual bullshit.

Senjuro fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 24, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Senjuro posted:

Which ref disqualified Jones? Mazzagatti, right? I hope he's picked for the upcoming fight to at least make Jones think twice before doing his usual bullshit.

you know the fervor for Jon Jones is spiraling out of control when you start advocating for Steve Mazzagatti to be involved in high level MMA

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

sportsgenius86 posted:

Mama Mia

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
UFC Fight Night: A Heroin Ordeal

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Where has ol' Steve been, anyway? When's the last time he reffed a UFC bout? Has he not been reffing in other promotions, has the UFC managed to blacklist him for their events or am I just not remembering him showing up at recent stuff?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Senjuro posted:

yea it was him, I watched the Hamill fight for the first time last night ha ha Jon Jones your perfect record is destroyed forever.

Bluedeanie posted:

Where has ol' Steve been, anyway? When's the last time he reffed a UFC bout? Has he not been reffing in other promotions, has the UFC managed to blacklist him for their events or am I just not remembering him showing up at recent stuff?

this is what I was thinking upon watching too, I don't remember the last fight I saw him in except

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj5ztRC_caw&t=57s

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
UFC on FOX 12 GDT: Unstoppable Force vs. Immovable Object

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

UFC on FOX 12 GDT: BODY BLOW!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Cormier is going to win by the devastating amateur and pro wrestling combination of ankle pick and toe hold.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

guys I've got a whole theme and poo poo for the thread so unless one of you completely blows it out of the water with an amazing name that forces me to change everything, I think I'm set

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Whenever Ebersole fights again, can we make that GDT Title "Hairrowin Addict" ?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Agent Tough Juice posted:

guys I've got a whole theme and poo poo for the thread so unless one of you completely blows it out of the water with an amazing name that forces me to change everything, I think I'm set

please post my rabbit prediction video in the OP it took like half an hour of my day

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

niethan posted:

please post my rabbit prediction video in the OP it took like half an hour of my day

All animal predictors welcome. Saw you posted that on my way into work and then forgot to go back and watch.

Edit: I don't know how to interpret that pick.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
No thread title but I gift you my Don King impression: It's the O.D. vs. O.G., the unnerving lack of fear vs. the unusual resurging career, the needle boiler vs. the Rory foiler THIS SATURDAY ON FOX!

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'll bet somebody a BAN or an amount of money that goes to a charity on the Weidman/Vitor fight.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

All of you people who have wanted another Comeback season of the Ultimate Fighter have had it in front of you this whole time. The UFC has signed Fight Master Joe Riggs, who will face Paulo Thiago.

I can't stop laughing at this stupid turn of events

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

MMA Junkie posted:

Nico Musoke vs. Amir Sadollah is first fight for UFC Fight Night 53 in Stockholm

Amir :)

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

I feel like Stockholm is somehow a clue as to where he disappeared to all this time

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Good for Joe Riggs. He has some decent life left in him at the old age of younger than Paulo Thiago.

Also I didn't have a chance to post in the NSAC GDT but I realized this morning that FOX will absolutely hire Chael back eventually because drug use is not going away in this sport and there's nothing better than to have a charming insider telling you all about it. When Overeem fails again you'll have Gilbert & Cruz awkwardly talking around the issue while Chael can speak openly about it

That's gonna be a tough return fight for Amir. Musoke was decent in the Gastelum fight and Amir's gotta be feeling a little achey after being out with injuries for 2 years.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

UFC on FOX 12 GDT: Requiem For A Dream Fight

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

MycroftXXX posted:

i sincerely hope jones gets dq'ed for poking dc in the eye too many times

i know thats not going to happen because friendship>rules but i can dream

What are the rules for title fights in the event of a DQ or an injury?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I want to use my grandma to pick fight winners but I'm pretty sure when it got to Cormier/Jones she'd choose neither.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Trast posted:

What are the rules for title fights in the event of a DQ or an injury?

If Chael made it beyond the first round he would have been the new light heavyweight champion.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
You probably could have guessed but Pettis on the MMA hour pretty much confirmed we're having another awkward respectful TUF coaches season. He said he didn't have any problems with Gilbert, only sees him at the stuff they shoot together, hardly sees Nate, never sees Nick.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

-Atom- posted:

If Chael made it beyond the first round he would have been the new light heavyweight champion.

Unless Jon Jones turned out to be as cool as Uriah Hall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I don't even care about coach bitching.

In fact if you MUST HAVE TUF then make it a 30 minute show and just have good fights.

• Locked thread