Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Wasn't part 3 reprinted recently? At least I bought three books, supposedly new, off of Amazon, either this month or the last. (Did I do right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Crunchyroll sells it too, though they don't seem to have all of them in stock.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's already been reprinted, you can find every book on amazon for about 8.99 each. Hell, you can also buy them digitally now too.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Today's episode includes glorious amount of punching. Perfect

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Steely Dan's bones should be liquefied after all of that. :allears:

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
Edited OP to reflect part 3's numerous releases this year, if i see one more nerd say it's out of print after it's been asked like ten times in the last month i'm gonna crack some skulls ya nerds.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
No wonder Joseph got really old in the few years after part 3, the abuse on this episode alone would have left him scarred for life

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Who was the businessman in the Sun's preview?

Is he the camel salesman?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

No wonder Joseph got really old in the few years after part 3, the abuse on this episode alone would have left him scarred for life

It always bothered me how senile and oddly characterized Joseph is in Part IV.

But after seeing the Lovers literally bores through his brain and tears up a number of his brain cells, maybe that's not so unrealistic.

Kurtofan posted:

Who was the businessman in the Sun's preview?

Is he the camel salesman?

Either that or the Sun's episode is going to be like Tower of Gray's and segue into the appearance of the next Stand user. Joseph and Co. charter a plane before the next fight, after all.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But after seeing the Lovers literally bores through his brain and tears up a number of his brain cells, maybe that's not so unrealistic.
Well, he was in his early 70s, right? Obviously he was doing well thanks to the Hamon, but he was probably less assiduous than Lisa Lisa, and Lisa Lisa was also only 50 or so when we met her. (Doesn't Joseph mention speaking with her, at least in the manga, as if she was still alive at the time? We know Suzie Q is, and I don't think she had the ripple...)

Leaving aside the stress of the situation, he gets beat up repeatedly, has a Stand suck juice out of him until he kills it, has Polnareff loving around in his brain, gets knocked around in a bunch of different ways, has his blood sucked out and then reinfused from a vampire's dead body, and nearly gets his crap punched in. He probably cashed in most of his remaining adventuring chips here.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I seem to recall the part 4 epilogue saying he was just pretending to be retarded.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

darealkooky posted:

I seem to recall the part 4 epilogue saying he was just pretending to be retarded.
I hope Jotaro and Josuke meet this with skepticism.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Joseph was sick or something in part 4. At the end it says he made a recovery, so I guess he was just feeling really down about Suzy being mad at him.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Let's see that beating again, shall we? :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64mMTK6aFgQ

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's so cool. :allears: Right when you think Jotaro is slowing down and applying the final few punches, NOPE A LITTLE MORE ORA FIRST.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did Jotaro slow down time a little when he grabbed Lovers?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

The answer could be both yes and no.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

FirstAidKite posted:

Didn't Jotaro say something about how Star Platnium looks out for him?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

To be fair he was 79, and he stopped really doing any life sustaining Hamon training. We should all be so lucky as to be as competent at him rounding 80.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Perigryn posted:

Let's see that beating again, shall we? :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64mMTK6aFgQ

Says it's been removed.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
okay, so in the past few days I've blitzed through parts 3-6 of jojo and....jesus, that was one hell of a ride. It's difficult to really put into words the whole experience now that I've digested it all, and I just..kind of fail to even have words for it all. I honestly feel like the only way to honestly describe how I feel about everything would be to make aimless, slightly confused gestures and just say 'it's good, go read it' to anyone who asked. I did mostly enjoy it, although there were some parts I wasn't happy with, but they didn't detract from the overall experience. I'm going to go through Steel Ball Run when I wake up tomorrow, so we'll see what happens there.

But hey! At least I finally understand all the jokes my friends have been making.

Also Joseph is the best jojo and nothing anyone says will make me believe otherwise. Jolyne comes in second because goddamn, anyone who flips someone off in four different languages is great in my book.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jolyne is absolutely fantastic because she actually is as cool as Jotaro thinks he is. :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Butt Ghost posted:

Joseph was sick or something in part 4. At the end it says he made a recovery, so I guess he was just feeling really down about Suzy being mad at him.

As I recall, Part 4 got him out of his slump and motivated him into doing his Hamon training again. Hence his return to health.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

As I recall, Part 4 got him out of his slump and motivated him into doing his Hamon training again. Hence his return to health.

:ssh: He was just faking it the whole time so people wouldn't ask him to do much.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Neo_Crimson posted:

Says it's been removed.
And it's been replaced :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guTZEIPe-Ks

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Fansubs using brackets :allears:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not complaining, but of all the Jojos how are Josuke and Giorno the ones that gets the exorbitant amount of fanart?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Pomp posted:

I'm not complaining, but of all the Jojos how are Josuke and Giorno the ones that gets the exorbitant amount of fanart?

Best Hair.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
What the gently caress did you say about his hair?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hey since warner brothers jp is behind the anime does this mean batman might show up if we ever get to bohemian rhaspody?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Batman would be pretty wicked with a Stand.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Pomp posted:

It's probably just who your main fanart source likes. For example, I follow the tumblr of a huge Johnny fan, so I see Johnny fanart more than anything else.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Started reading Steel Ball Run and holy poo poo the corpse of Jesus is giving people Stand powers. How does Araki come up with this stuff?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Visit from a Mormon missionary, most likely.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Retcon posted:

Started reading Steel Ball Run and holy poo poo the corpse of Jesus is giving people Stand powers. How does Araki come up with this stuff?

He doesn't: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is secretly an autobiography.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Steel Ball Run is probably the only piece of media where (large part 7 spoilers) a fourteen year old girl, in order to save her husband's life, has to seduce the first lady of the united states so she can steal the heart of Jesus Christ from the president, which ends up with the FLOTUS dead and the 14 year old girl taking her place. The president ends up being fairly cool with it.

Unrelated, I'm most of the way through re-reading Part 4, and I forgot how goofy large sections of Part 4 are. I somehow forgot about all the alien shenanigans.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I also reread Part 4 recently and it's still my favorite part. The sections where there is no real conflict and it's just the characters doing silly stuff are great (especially the restaurant chapters) and the main villain is a nice contrast to the other Jojo villains - he doesn't have any grand plans, he just wants to live his normal life and kill some people if he feels like it. Also love how Okuyasu has a stupidly overpowered stand but almost never does anything with it because he's too stupid to use it - if anyone else had The Hand Part 4 would have been over in a few chapters.

hoobajoo posted:

That would explain how he still looks so young. The question is, what is Araki's stand?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Retcon posted:

That would explain how he still looks so young. The question is, what is Araki's stand?

Something that controls time and thereby his youth.

There's a reason he thinks that time is the strongest power.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

hoobajoo posted:

Bruno Buccellati is actually a thinly-veiled stand-in for Tetsuya Nomura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Something that controls time and thereby his youth.

There's a reason he thinks that time is the strongest power.

Araki doesn't need a Stand to control his youth since he is actually a vampire. His stand allows him to continually put out better material on a regular basis. That or see the future of fashion 20 years from now.

• Locked thread