Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
My mind went immediately to magneto when i saw the red cape and quicksilver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Kramjacks posted:

Are these two the same movie?

Edit: According to imdb they are.

Oops, and this one too

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Women sure seem to like being naked in the snow.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

As far as I know it hasn't been confirmed but the rumor is Paul Bettany.

Which considering he's JARVIS is iiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

Erebus posted:

The faces keep getting worse.

To be fair that is probably the face I would be making under the circumstances. A combination of 'aaaaaaargh' and 'what the fuuuuuuck is this serious'.

The robot right behind him's full on derp WHAT THE gently caress SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD WITH AN ARROW face cracks me up, though.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

joedevola posted:

Women sure seem to like being naked in the snow.

Why wouldn't they? I sure do

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Erebus posted:

The faces keep getting worse.

This is incredible. It's funny in so many ways.

1. The robots are completely unharmed by Hawkeye's arrows.

2. Upper middle Ultron's panic attack

3. Shadowy robot rape face leering at Hawkeye from the center

4. Robotic hand tenderly massaging Hawkeye's bicep???

5. Jeremy Renner's stupid loving face

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

This is incredible. It's funny in so many ways.

1. The robots are completely unharmed by Hawkeye's arrows.

2. Upper middle Ultron's panic attack

3. Shadowy robot rape face leering at Hawkeye from the center

4. Robotic hand tenderly massaging Hawkeye's bicep???

5. Jeremy Renner's stupid loving face
The whole Hawkeye role is instantly improved if you can get Renner to go with his American Hustle look.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Or imagine him as his role in Louie. Guy got caught up in some real lovely drug business.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Or just retcon it so we're doing Matt Fraction Hawkeye now, because Renner is a loving beast whenever he gets to play a character with an animated disposition. Carmine Falcone is about the top of his heap so far, but just let him cut loose a little and we're good.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

ShufflerZero posted:

Fire, Ice and Dynamite

Ski Party

This first one looks so bad it must be awesome (and has a great poster) and this second one looks ridiculous, but I'll watch basically anything James Brown did.

Also HAROLD FALTERMEYER WITH DEEP PURPLE? How the gently caress did that happen?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's all par for the course for Hawkeye. He always gets in over his head. But he's awesome, so he usually comes out on top.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

ShufflerZero posted:

52: More snow based comedies
Copper Mountain

I'd just like to chime in and say this is the worst god drat movie I've ever seen. Manos is infinitely more watchable than this. Bad comedies are loving miserable.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I think the Avengers 2 posters look pretty good really? :shobon:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yaws posted:

I'd just like to chime in and say this is the worst god drat movie I've ever seen. Manos is infinitely more watchable than this. Bad comedies are loving miserable.

Is it one of those movies where he's barely in it but now that he's famous he gets first billing?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This Summer Thor stars in...Doom (but with robots).

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I know it's perspective, but that looks like a very tiny arm.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Speaking of Ski comedies, a very popular French comedy is a ski movie "Les Bronzés font du ski" (it's a sequel to beach comedy "Les Bronzés").

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

My mind went immediately to magneto when i saw the red cape and quicksilver.

Unless you're talking about the small bit of Thor's cape on the side, you might need to get your eyes checked, because Vision has a yellow cape.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Desperado Bones posted:

I know it's perspective, but that looks like a very tiny arm.

I'm more concerned about his head growing out of his right shoulder.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A lot of people are saying they thought it was Magneto. It's weird and I have to fight the urge to think of them as dumb.

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012
It's an easy mistake to make. Most movie-goers/virtually all human beings have no interest in the squabbling over character rights.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's why I don't think of them as dumb. I still have to fight the urge to though, because if you actually know the characters it's like when your mom used to call your Playstation a "Nintendo" and your Xbox a "Playstation." You know drat well there's nothing to actually be mad or begrudge someone about, but it's also one of those pieces of ignorance that'd be solved with like 3 minutes of education and is immediately obvious to anyone who knows.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I have no idea who that flying guy in the yellow cape is. Am I a bad nerd? Refusing to google it because I want mind the walrus's blood pressure to involuntarily spike when he reads this post.

Also, why are the Marvel movies introducing X-Men characters complete with X-Men mutant powers? I thought they would've kept that poo poo as far away from the films as possible. Like, is Scarlet Witch such an amazing character with such cool, merchandise-selling powers that they just had to cram her in there?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Wolfsheim posted:

I have no idea who that flying guy in the yellow cape is. Am I a bad nerd? Refusing to google it because I want mind the walrus's blood pressure to involuntarily spike when he reads this post.

Also, why are the Marvel movies introducing X-Men characters complete with X-Men mutant powers? I thought they would've kept that poo poo as far away from the films as possible. Like, is Scarlet Witch such an amazing character with such cool, merchandise-selling powers that they just had to cram her in there?

No, it was a dick-waving contest because X-Men announced they were going to be in Days of Future Past (SW was literally in it for a second, sitting on Pietro's lap when they were younger), and they realized they had dual rights, so Whedon went YEP TIME TO PUT THEM IN HERE AND MAKE THEM BADASS.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

The story that they're adapting from the comics has Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as major characters.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Wolfsheim posted:

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are part of the Avengers and had been for quite a long time. As for the dude in the yellow cape, that's the Vision, another mainstay of the Avengers.

I won't go into his history as I don't know how much will end up being inadvertently movie spoilers, but short of a couple characters (Wasp, Ant-Man [kinda], Wonder Man) you have the most popular iteration of the Avengers (though Hulk's time with them was relatively short / sporadic).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

:lol: You got me. You scamp you got me good. Had to take my hypertension medicine I did yes sir.

And they're in the movie because Whedon has a boner for the twins and since he salvaged the original Avengers script and was a big reason Marvel made $1 billion they said "gently caress it give the guy what he wants."

Then Fox got wind and put the characters into DoFP.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

SwissCM posted:

The story that they're adapting from the comics has Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as major characters.

Are they going to gently caress each other while Cap looks on disapprovingly and is lectured about how he needs to do away with his outdated 1940's 'incest is wrong' hang-ups a la that one Ultimates comic? That might be worth the price of admission alone.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Are they going to gently caress each other while Cap looks on disapprovingly and is lectured about how he needs to do away with his outdated 1940's 'incest is wrong' hang-ups a la that one Ultimates comic? That might be worth the price of admission alone.

We'd also get drunk Tony Stark's robotic duplicate also being drunk so yeah, i hope so

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

Who's going to replace Wolverine spying at them from the bushes?

It should be drunk Tony Stark, of course.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Full poster:

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Meatwave posted:

Full poster:

Who is the guy floating in the top left corner?

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

mind the walrus posted:

That's why I don't think of them as dumb. I still have to fight the urge to though, because if you actually know the characters it's like when your mom used to call your Playstation a "Nintendo" and your Xbox a "Playstation." You know drat well there's nothing to actually be mad or begrudge someone about, but it's also one of those pieces of ignorance that'd be solved with like 3 minutes of education and is immediately obvious to anyone who knows.

The mistake is really not that extreme and three minutes of "education"? Really? Who the hell cares

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The mistake is really not that extreme and three minutes of "education"? Really? Who the hell cares

The important thing is you've established yourself as superior.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Trump posted:

Who is the guy floating in the top left corner?

The Vision, who in the comics is the creation of Ultron, the villain of this movie.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Oh my god, shut up you nerds.

Mad Max: Fury Road character posters are out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tom Hardy looks vaguely worried.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:stare: This is gonna rule

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
The posters basically get across what the big selling point for the Mad Max movies are - chaotic vehicular mayhem in rural South Australia. I also kind of like the Imperator Furiosa one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Meatwave posted:

Full poster:

Why is Magneto in this?