Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Well poo poo :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito, why would you do that you big jerk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:zombie: So rude. :zombie:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, that ends the discussion on if Merk is scum or not.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

We should all follow merk's last wishes.

##vote Juanito

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That seems a bit easy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

That seems a bit easy

Yes, that is exactly what Juanito wants you to think

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes, that is exactly what Juanito wants you to think

Surely you can't be serious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Are you saying that the scum thought that I would think that Juanito would think the he could fool me so they killed merk to trick me into voting for Juanito? Hmmmmmmm

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Hal Incandenza posted:

Are you saying that the scum thought that I would think that Juanito would think the he could fool me so they killed merk to trick me into voting for Juanito? Hmmmmmmm

What?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
The first reason for the scum to kill merk, that I can think of, is so that Juanito and myself become targets for the town to go after. I can't spend much time in the thread tonight, I have to finish a writing assignment. But tomorrow, I'll see what I can come up with.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Orrrrrr... did Juanito think that I would think that the scum would think that I would think that Juanito would think that I would think that the scum killed merk to frame Juanito? drat.

Whatever, NK aside Juanito rubbed me the wrong way all day yesterday and that is who we should vote for. I feel very good about that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DGK2000 posted:

Hal if you miss a homerun setup like that again I'll have to modkill you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

And don't call me Shirley!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I've got mostly meta reasons for my next opinions:

I wasn't real surprised that merk flipped town after Bigup flipped scum, because if they'd been on the same scumteam, then merk would have decimated Bigup. I know because I was on a scumteam with merk very early in my ~illustrious mafia career~ and he made it very clear that if I slipped up or were careless, he'd throw me under the bus so hard.

I think Hal is scum, because the last time he targeted me in this half joking / half serious, he eventually flipped scum. He acts like he's joking but he goes after me because I'm an easy target.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I think merk's comments during twilight, regarding Bigup / Grandi being scum were good, but I have a hard time believing that Grandi would lurk so bad on D1 if he were scum.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I think Meinberg is town.

Pander could go either way. He did let up on me on D1 so he seemed to be somewhat reasonable.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Juanito posted:

I think merk's comments during twilight, regarding Bigup / Grandi being scum were good, but I have a hard time believing that Grandi would lurk so bad on D1 if he were scum.

He says work. Why couldn't it be true AND he's scum?

Why's Meinberg town to you?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Pander posted:

He says work. Why couldn't it be true AND he's scum?

Why's Meinberg town to you?
My comment regarding Grandi was more of a diss. I could see him doing it, but it means he's a lovely person if he actually did it :mad: I wouldn't really have a problem voting him today.

Meinberg seemed to have very similar opinions to mine about the whole situation with merk, and my reading of merk, and Pander.

Also it would have been easy enough for him to be agreeable to voting Bigup because it was clear Bigup was sinking pretty fast. I'd be surprised if the scum didn't get their votes on him, it was clear he was going down fast.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
JUANITO YOU KNAVE!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think it goes even deeper. The scum thought you would think this and thought that DGK would find it scummy that you felt this way. Get ready for lynch Hal, we have your number

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk is a strong player that scum would like to kill. It was the crux of my d1 voting for PM, and it still holds true now.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pander posted:

This. Capps, Jake, and PM all look pretty towny based on D1 votes and options at hand.

I disagree. PM is the 4th vote and it occurs once Bigup starts self-destructing and he unvotes which could have derailed the lynch entirely.
I still think a mushroom is the scum.
##vote LCV

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Grandicap posted:

I disagree. PM is the 4th vote and it occurs once Bigup starts self-destructing and he unvotes which could have derailed the lynch entirely.
##vote LCV

I don't see it. He still pushed BigUp before everyone else did, and his timing wasn't that suspect.

In retrospect, Juanito's timing was worse, because he also got back off BigUp shortly after joining it to push Merk again.

Meinberg and Junaito would be interesting as a pairing, holding off the vote in hopes of a no-lynch, cause there's not much reason for juanito and Meinberg to do what they did at the end of D1 otherwise. Merk wasn't happening, so what the hell were they hoping for?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Grandicap posted:

##vote LCV
Are you saying I should have left us in a position where a scum could turbohammer, and deny us whatever information might come up in that last hour and a half?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Mushrooms not a scum.

##vote grandi

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are you saying I should have left us in a position where a scum could turbohammer, and deny us whatever information might come up in that last hour and a half?

First off, you were 90 minutes before deadline. That isn't a turbohammer. You voted then unvoted 7 minutes later, it was the show of a vote, rather than an actual intention to vote. At the end of the day, when it was going to happen anyway you hopped back on.

I think it is scummy, I am voting you for it. I don't like how you are trying to represent your part in the lynch last night. It makes you feel even more scummy.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I think you're the one trying to misrepresent things grandicap. I think PM was pretty reasonable yesterday. You look like you're striving for a narrative to hold onto, to wash away the stink Bigup put on you with that awful distancing.

I also think you'd take your shot with killing merk, because if he's alive today he'd push you hard and drive your lynch. Better the WIFOM of "would grandicap do that" than merk shouting "lynch grandicap he's scum!"

Why wouldn't you push Juanito as scum, Grandicap? Juanito joined the bigup train then got off and seemed to try to swing a last-second merk lynch with poque (who ALSO looks suspect if you want to point to people who seem to vote bigup disingenuously).

You're pushing a really weak PM case for reasons that other people are far more clearly guilty of.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Grandicap posted:

First off, you were 90 minutes before deadline. That isn't a turbohammer. You voted then unvoted 7 minutes later, it was the show of a vote, rather than an actual intention to vote. At the end of the day, when it was going to happen anyway you hopped back on.

I think it is scummy, I am voting you for it. I don't like how you are trying to represent your part in the lynch last night. It makes you feel even more scummy.

See like what the gently caress? Why is holding off on the bigup vote bad? Yeah, it's showing a vote while not actually having a vote down. That's fine! PM had done a lot of back and forths and pressuring with bigup. It's pretty clear how PM felt about Bigup. There were still 90 minutes of time left, and in those 90 minutes bigup kept talking.

You say it's scummy. It's not. It's pretty drat towny play, letting the day play out as much as possible while still remaining present to ensure that there isn't a no-lynch, ie that 30-minute-left revote. In that time Bigup posted several more times, and more posts from folks before they die are always good things.

I've been re-reading the end of yesterday, and it reads real well for PM. Very active, very pro-active.

If you're not scum pushing a false narrative then you're really off-kilter about what constitutes scum play.

Like Poque's end of D1 was 10x scummier than PM's.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

While I agree that this is looking really bad for Grandicap, and I'd vote him (both for this terrible case, and for guilty-by-association with Bigup), I'm not ready to jump on a train to lynch him just yet; that's momentum we won't be able to stop, and we'll actually lose a whole day.

It's Day 2, and JakeP is still posting like it's jokephase. In fact, his only vote at all has been a single one on BigUp which was getting traction at the time. He's not done any casing or even any sharing of his thoughts since, but he's clearly been around, so it's not just lurking.

##vote JakeP because I don't think that even meta would be a believable argument that someone can be town while completely failing to post anything but white noise to this degree.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
read any game i ever played ever

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JakeP posted:

read any game i ever played ever
Why don't you tell us who you think is scum?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I've been planning to reread, but I am kind of having trouble because I cannot comfortably sit down for more than a minute.

I liked Merks points on Grandi

I am leaning scum on CPig

I am skeptical on you as well. Especially with the "welp guess we know merks town now :downs:" post. It just felt really awkward and forced.

I think I am going to the ER at 5, so I should have time to catch up

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JakeP posted:

I think I am going to the ER at 5
poo poo. Get well, soon.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pander posted:

See like what the gently caress? Why is holding off on the bigup vote bad? Yeah, it's showing a vote while not actually having a vote down. That's fine! PM had done a lot of back and forths and pressuring with bigup. It's pretty clear how PM felt about Bigup. There were still 90 minutes of time left, and in those 90 minutes bigup kept talking.

You say it's scummy. It's not. It's pretty drat towny play, letting the day play out as much as possible while still remaining present to ensure that there isn't a no-lynch, ie that 30-minute-left revote. In that time Bigup posted several more times, and more posts from folks before they die are always good things.

I've been re-reading the end of yesterday, and it reads real well for PM. Very active, very pro-active.

If you're not scum pushing a false narrative then you're really off-kilter about what constitutes scum play.

Like Poque's end of D1 was 10x scummier than PM's.

I don't know what to say Pander. I have reread the thread up to the lynch again and I still feel the same way.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I won't be around a whole lot over the next couple days. Moving into a new place on Tuesday.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

HOLY gently caress SATURDAY DEADLINE THIS GAME

Okay

Like nobody's even -4 yet.

So who's HERE? PM?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'm here but really havent done any reading since yesterday. I forgot to charge my tablet before going to the hospital. I am fine btw and dont have VD (ladies).

Didn't realize deadline was tonight at all

##vote grandi

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm here, and also didn't realize tonight was deadline.

Do you guys voting for Grandi think that BigUp was trying to ineffectively bus him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

poo poo, weekend deadlines always hit me by surprise.

Don't think we'll be getting a JakeP lynch going in two hours, but I'd still prefer that. But in the mean time...

##vote Grandicap for some really awful cases and also because holy poo poo deadline.

• Locked thread