Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Lmao according to my buddy MLS crowds are...get this....pretty dumb. Lots of cheering for a disallowed goal when the whistle clearly blew during the buildup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stuck at work, finally had a chance to check the score... :stare:

God damnit mother fuckers I knew the Galaxy were going to do this bullshit

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well that sure was a half of the foot ball. L.A. should be up...what...5-0?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Lmao according to my buddy MLS crowds are...get this....pretty dumb. Lots of cheering for a disallowed goal when the whistle clearly blew during the buildup.

Because every fan and every player in every other league hears the whistle 100% of the time. :jerkbag:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

whypick1 posted:

Because every fan and every player in every other league hears the whistle 100% of the time. :jerkbag:

Don't feed the troll.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

whypick1 posted:

Just checked in with him to clarify, cause you have a good point. Apparently he's sitting right by the corner 15 rows up and the whistle was clearly audible in his section before the final pass in to Martins. That did not all the people in his section from cheering wildly for a fake goal.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

"The league that Michael Bradley is criticizing (MLS refereeing) is the league that decided to overpay for him to bring him to Toronto."

ALEXI LALAS: SHOTS FIRED

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Chad Barett on? Seems a bit early to give up, Seattle.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
What the gently caress was that cross?

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Just checked in with him to clarify, cause you have a good point. Apparently he's sitting right by the corner 15 rows up and the whistle was clearly audible in his section before the final pass in to Martins. That did not all the people in his section from cheering wildly for a fake goal.

maybe everyone in that section is really drunk and deaf

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Gigi Galli posted:

Chad Barett on? Seems a bit early to give up, Seattle.

Now I am not at the game, and I am relying on second hand information from my buddy stateside, but it seems really weird that FC Sounders Seattle has an actual accountant playing for them.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
FC Sounders Seattle putting in Bruce Bowen, I remember when he played for Spurs.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Maybe it was the angle but it looked like Donovan didn't even play the ball and instead just pushed Yedlin out of the way

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

guys i have a feeling seattle might not pull this one out

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
"I did not know it was "Sounders till I die or 10 minutes left in a 0-3 match, whichever occurs earlier," said my buddy stateside, as he tried to watch a match through fans streaming down the aisles.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Crazy Ted posted:

"The league that Michael Bradley is criticizing (MLS refereeing) is the league that decided to overpay for him to bring him to Toronto."

can't w8 for lalas to fade into irrelevancy as it should have been once he was deemed too slow to play for LA and is somehow not tarred and feathered by San Jose fans everywhere he goes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lalas owns actually. He shaved his beard on live TV.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I guess that's what happens when you start your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string defenders, along with a midfield that doesn't bother showing up.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

SeaTard posted:

I guess that's what happens when you start your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string defenders, along with a midfield that doesn't bother showing up.

No no no. The sky is falling the world is ending all is death.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Was Taters posted:

No no no. The sky is falling the world is ending all is death.

I'm only slightly melodramatic from a lovely day, followed by a bunch of beer with a cool goon.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Crazy Ted posted:

ALEXI LALAS: SHOTS FIRED

I am not sure what point Lalas thinks he is making here. Both of these things are true and Bradley is also right about the poor quality of officiating in MLS.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I hadn't even opened beer one and DC scores gently caress yeah

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Eddie Johnson: now only $2 million per goal. Get that second comma off before Labor Day and I'll like you.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Larentowicz is starting at center back again today.

I wonder if that means the team is looking either offload a CB or get another DM.

Or both.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

is the play by play guy for new england tim heidecker because he sounds exactly like him

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
On one hand Toronto should probably have had a penalty, on the other hand blowing for halftime immediately after a corner kick while a goalbound header is literally in the air is kinda bullshit so I hope nobody will claim the refs are biased today!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Dallan Invictus posted:

On one hand Toronto should probably have had a penalty, on the other hand blowing for halftime immediately after a corner kick while a goalbound header is literally in the air is kinda bullshit so I hope nobody will claim the refs are biased today!

Did they not call a foul in the box followed by halftime? Because that certainly seemed like what happened.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Yeah, I didn't realise it was a foul (in fairness neither did the Rogers Sportsnet commentators, but since they're awful that's not much of a defense for me!)

Wow, TFC really need to take one of these chances.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC defense looking good again. They track everyone well, and even cover one another - at least one CB helps Korb when he gets outrun, and the other CB never gets caught out in the process.

And as soon as I type that, Toronto nearly finds a way through.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Oh my god an MLS ref allows advantage for the first time ever and we get a goal from it

Chris Roooooolfe is getting laid tonight

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I will accept a loss to NE if we beat RSL on Saturday.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Toronto had every possible opportunity to stop that slackass goal and still failed.

edit: that really was a nice quick nudge to the side though

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Hhahahahahahahahha what a goal

And god drat Deleon

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Nick Deleon has moments of brilliance at least once a game. Most of the time he's slow and stupid and invisible, but then he pulls some foot magic and I flash back to New Jersey in the snow one more time.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

There are like ten people in Toyota Park right now :negative:

I want that awesome track suit Yallop is wearing.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Still confused why the Revs haven't picked up a yellow for kicking the ball out of play after a foul. That's twice by my count.

That said if we beat RSL on Saturday I'll forge about this game.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Shut the gently caress up Eddie. The ball was at your feet. Use it.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

aesop jones posted:

Shut the gently caress up Eddie. The ball was at your feet. Use it.

Quoted times a billion

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Why wasn't that a yellow for Charlie Davies? This ref still loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Still confused why the Revs haven't picked up a yellow for kicking the ball out of play after a foul. That's twice by my count.

That said if we beat RSL on Saturday I'll forge about this game.

At least Guzman brought a whistle to this game. I imagine PRO sent him to a remedial course to learn how to blow into it after our game with Atlanta.

• Locked thread