Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
23.99 APR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
A national Pawn Shop Chain unsurprisingly finds new way to be skeezy. How'd they do it? Find out, at 11

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

JethroMcB posted:

A national Pawn Shop Chain unsurprisingly finds new way to be skeezy. How'd they do it? Find out, at 11

:vince:

You insult Pawnshops, they still carry PS2 games.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

I like my little pro card thing or whatever but yeah, gently caress that

Soral
May 30, 2009

lol if you shop at gamestop and/or gamestop affiliates

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

It's good

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Soral posted:

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Soral posted:

This one guy I knew in college graduated and got a job at Gamestop.. part time. He is big into Jesus and said that because he enjoyed video games, "God wants me to work here, even if it's only part time, I feel like I belong here." Still working PT while his GF is earning her master's degree.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i see a lot of horror stories about bad experiences at gamestop, but all of the ones i've been to have had really helpful or at least inoffensive employees. trading in games there has always been a scam but the worst experience i can say was the time an employee tried to convince my friend not to buy two worlds. idiot.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

Just wait until they find a way to tie in rewards points with buying lower interest rates for 6 months!

its actually a part of the program lmao

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rocket_man38 posted:

This one guy I knew in college graduated and got a job at Gamestop.. part time. He is big into Jesus and said that because he enjoyed video games, "God wants me to work here, even if it's only part time, I feel like I belong here." Still working PT while his GF is earning her master's degree.

"My Son I need you to push GI subscriptions and really drive home how important it is that customers preorder Madden '15. Did you ask them if they have a Rewards Card"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I went there today and they weren't pushing the card.

I just wish they had a better selection of games. I used their game finder program and the locations I went to had the games I wanted out of stock. They had a ton of DS RPGs real cheap.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

rocket_man38 posted:

let him know there is still hope. check out this testimonial

quote:

This Troper got picked on alot, in middle school and high school. Totally ignored in college by vapid girls. But after he got his degree and became manager at the most successful Gamestop (Southeast region), there are loads of kids (and college students who have to answer to him. Cue Evil Laugh . . .

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
nothin' gets the vapid ladies hotter than being pestered to pre-order Mass Effect 4 to get the Gamespot-exclusive Hey Ash Whatcha Playin' Armor

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DoubleDonut posted:

nothin' gets the vapin' ladies hotter than being pestered to pre-order Mass Effect 4 to get the Gamespot-exclusive Hey Ash Whatcha Playin' Armor

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is an insane Quote Edit and I'm frankly down with it, sir.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

"My Son I need you to push GI subscriptions and really drive home how important it is that customers preorder Madden '15. Did you ask them if they have a Rewards Card"

Pretty much this. Somehow he just bought an engagement ring in cash, paid full. I guess his mom God helped him out.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rocket_man38 posted:

Pretty much this. Somehow he just bought an engagement ring in cash, paid full. I guess his mom God helped him out.

God can only make His will known to dumb crackers in the American South/Great Plains, and wouldn't you know it the Truth from on high almost invariably involves the awful minutiae of their own lives.

What is his GF getting her Master's in? Please say theology.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Theology is actually an extremely respectable scholarship, IIRC.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
jesus loving sackshit who shops at that store it's horrible

like oh my god

George
Nov 27, 2004

you guys are actually patronizing gamestop i can't even believe this poo poo

George
Nov 27, 2004

okay im cool now but seriously get it together

you hosed up

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
How do I check my current Gaben Score? I've had pretty low Steamtrest for awhile now so I should be able to qualify for a decent card loan by now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Wormskull posted:

Theology is actually an extremely respectable scholarship, IIRC.

If she were studying real Theology she would know better than to be with a guy who earnestly believes God's Path is for him to manage a Gamestop.

If she's attending Clarksboro County For-Profit SBC Christian Seminary, maybe not so much.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

God can only make His will known to dumb crackers in the American South/Great Plains, and wouldn't you know it the Truth from on high almost invariably involves the awful minutiae of their own lives.

What is his GF getting her Master's in? Please say theology.

Nope, marine biology. He won't pursue a masters because God/Gamestop.

Dead.juice
Dec 14, 2011

Sexier than assless chaps
I go there and buy a preowned game and play it and take it back within 7 days, and I get my money back. It's like a free rental service.
If you are scared of getting the sale pitches like me, just say "...not at this time" to everything.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Soral posted:

Hey, Simply Mac seems legit. I will never buy an apple product, but the guys that work there are super nice.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

rocket_man38 posted:

Nope, marine biology. He won't pursue a masters because God/Gamestop.

judging by inborn lack of self-determination and love of horrible games/the horrible places that sell them, I have a lot in common with this fucker

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
What sso bad about the store that sells you games. You go in there and buy the game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

What sso bad about the store that sells you games. You go in there and buy the game

You post in a forum previously named after the most sage of all gamers in history and this answer eludes you?

Some people were never meant to be Imps, it seems.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sighs loudly. Can't believe I have to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9B0kdZgElQ

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

To sum it up, for any weaklings here: "It creates a fanboy masquerade of annoyances." -- Demonius X aka Demonius Darkblade, 2011

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Wormskull posted:

To sum it up, for any weaklings here: "It creates a fanboy masquerade of annoyances." -- Demonius X aka Demonius Darkblade, 2011

I watched the whole thing and now I understand. What stands against DemoniusX stands briefly.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

From the sounds of things once Gamestop crumbles to ash, Walmart is next.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
gamestop has video games and i want to pay for video games using money

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
*is dragged out into the street and shot*

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
babbages did nothing wrong

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zen death robot posted:

But like, you could just use Amazon and probably get a better deal if you actually needed a disc
yeah but then i have to wait for shipping and poo poo

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

Endorph posted:

yeah but then i have to wait for shipping and poo poo
just p- *shot in the face*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Can I purchase gamebo color games at gamstop?

• Locked thread