Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

jdrew posted:

My coworker said her cousin called to say he was in this week's episode. I just watched it and he is the exterminator. I'll ask her about it tomorrow and hopefully, barring any privacy thing he signed, he'll be able to talk about how his business is doing.

Haha, I hope he somehow kept that contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that would be honestly amazing. Could ask a million questions (mainly in the vain of finding out that there's lots of stuff off camera and everyone is actually happy in the end).

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

sleepingbuddha posted:

Blind Nathan bumping into things while spraying for bugs, and a loving peacock, chicken, and pigeons all hanging out in a tree, making GBS threads on cars wasn't absurd enough for you?

I really enjoyed the individual segments on the last show, don't get me wrong. They just can't stack up against the sham film award or The Claw of Shame.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

jdrew posted:

My coworker said her cousin called to say he was in this week's episode. I just watched it and he is the exterminator. I'll ask her about it tomorrow and hopefully, barring any privacy thing he signed, he'll be able to talk about how his business is doing.

Awesome. I really liked the exterminator guy.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I feel like this episode actually crossed the line from "dumb ideas that might kinda work?" (such as Ghost-free realtor, edgy caricature artist, rented funeral home mourners) to absolutely so insane "I can't believe anyone is buying this". I lost it at Chinese Dragon Rentals and a peacock just hanging out in a tree in the middle of a Los Angeles suburb.

Also, Nathan was more of a dick than usual this episode.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

Also, Nathan was more of a dick than usual this episode.

I suspect that this season is partly about Nathan becoming overly confident as he continually escapes disaster while barely skirting the law, and that burgeoning cockiness may be what leads to the Dumb Starbucks enterprise.

Nathan For You is Breaking Bad

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Nathan For You just got renewed for season 3:

https://twitter.com/nathanfielder/status/492811018423504896

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Awesome news. Couldn't be happier about a show getting renewed.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I'm really incredibly curious what the legality is of the "We sell alcohol to minors without letting them take it" scheme. That's one where I legitimately worry that airing the episode will get that poor owner in trouble, unless there was some behind-the-scenes wrangling to make sure it wasn't going to affect anything.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Mo0 posted:

I'm really incredibly curious what the legality is of the "We sell alcohol to minors without letting them take it" scheme. That's one where I legitimately worry that airing the episode will get that poor owner in trouble, unless there was some behind-the-scenes wrangling to make sure it wasn't going to affect anything.

I'd like retired judge Anthony Filosa to comment on every one of Nathan's schemes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mo0 posted:

I suspect he's fine. They had the minors on TV so I'm guessing they had to go through hell to get approval for that part, so I'm sure they covered themselves.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Intellectually, I know that that's the case, that Comedy Central would never air something that was going to get people in actual trouble, but it still leaves the question in my mind of how in the hell they managed to make that legal in the first place.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Mo0 posted:

I think it's probably unlikely that a prosecutor would even bother since it was apparently a one-off thing and there's no real evidence that an illegal sale ever actually happened. The liquor store could say that they secretly filled the 40 oz with tea and it would be impossible to prove otherwise.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Legally, it seems like it would be like buying a gift card to a liquor store, which is totally legal at any age. I highly doubt that the store owner would keep a 6 pack of beer in the fridge for 5 years, that'd be some pretty skunky beer by the time the kid came to claim it. The tickets the minors received probably said "redeemable for 1 40 oz bottle of malt liquor" or whatever.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

In the end they probably just gave them their money back and sent them on their way when the bit was done.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Nathan hosted a screening of a hysterical future ep (a hot dog costume was involved) and did a Q&A at Just For Laughs. Don't want to spoil
anything, but he showed a clip of Crying Wolfe and wondered if anyone else from s1 deserved a show. I recommend watching this show in a big group of fans sometime - it was great to hear the little nuance jokes get a big reaction.

He was also on the twitter list of people listed for a show of Variety's Top 10 Comics To Watch but wasn't actually there. The Lucas Brothers were, and showed a video clip like Nathan would have presumably done, so it must have been scheduling.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jul 28, 2014

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Piquai Souban posted:

The Lucas Brothers

CC needs to give these guys a proper show. Their web shorts were great, Lucas Bros Moving Co was great and their roles in 22 Jump Street were also great. They have to be one of the next acts to break through properly.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

EL BROMANCE posted:

CC needs to give these guys a proper show. Their web shorts were great, Lucas Bros Moving Co was great and their roles in 22 Jump Street were also great. They have to be one of the next acts to break through properly.

I'll stop the derail with this post, but the video clip they showed was from what looked like an upcoming sketch show from them. The watermark in the corner of the video/sketch said TruTV but I don't know if that was part of the joke - a reality tv-style look into the writer's room process at Family Matters.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Great news like that is certainly no derail! Awesome to hear, cheers!

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Piquai Souban posted:

Nathan hosted a screening of a hysterical future ep (a hot dog costume was involved) and did a Q&A at Just For Laughs.

I kept seeing that in the promo- can't wait.

AV Club may like Nathan For You - but their critic's mom doesn't.
http://www.avclub.com/article/tetis-mom-tells-us-why-she-cant-stand-nathan-you-207369

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I have such a dumb boner!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dumb Starbucks: Weird Al Endorsed

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I'm gonna hurt myself from grinning too much.

I'm gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiie

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Even a lawyer doesn't read the fine print ahahaha.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Does this lawyer have duct tape on his chair?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

What kind of lawyer am I I'm signing poo poo I haven't read

OH MY GOD HE JUMPED THE DESK

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Hahhahaa return of the lawyer. (Haunted House)

.... I don't think he'll be back.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha he's loving with this lawyer so bad. This is awesome.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

JESUS

loving

CHRIST

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god this just keeps getting better and better.

"I can't get no eeeeeeeerection"

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

"Shave tonight"

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

That room! Holy poo poo!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Coke can crossbowing child is awesome.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Brock Samson posted:

Coke can crossbowing child is awesome.
Yeah I loved the kid just casually waking up, looking around and going back to playing dead with the bloody arrow in his chest the whole time.

Jesus Christ, the inside of the store looks exactly like a Starbucks down to the last detail except for the "Dumb" on the logo.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I'm shocked. He went rogue. He couldn't get the coffee shop to go along with it. This is heartbreaking.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Feel like this barista is gonna start talking about that stinking internet.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Jesus Christ Nathan.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Stooooooop

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Brock Samson posted:

Jesus Christ Nathan.

Now there's no more awkwardness :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahaha the "D" on the logo was shaking when he took off the tarp :allears:

• Locked thread