Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
In an article about 5 Childhood-Ruining Appearances from Famous Characters they bring up Tintin's shittiness to animals like the one time Tintin killed and skinned a monkey for a disguise.

Cracked posted:

Oh, and note that, not one page later, Tintin is having a conversation with another monkey. He killed an intelligent being with a family and friends. poo poo, even Tintin's freaking dog can talk in this comic -- the implication being that all animals can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
hmm.. yes.. interesting

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i am really glad that this is a thread that i can post in

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can't believe they effed with your childhood like that.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Not sure I follow. I'm familiar with Tintin but I don't see him in that picture also Tintin was a cartoon?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yawn

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
Did the guy that runs Cracked write a book or something? I heard he maybe wrote a book. He doesn't really mention it that often if he did.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I liked the bit about Winnie the Pooh being an absolute poo poo to everyone

becrumbac
Apr 25, 2012
i am also, a cracked.com reader like others in this thread. i therefore think this thread is a great, and wonderful contribution to the forums.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

katlington posted:

Not sure I follow. I'm familiar with Tintin but I don't see him in that picture also Tintin was a cartoon?

Tintin is in the monkey suit waving. Cracked thinks the black guy is a monkey too.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i hated cracked magazine, mad magazine was a lot better

one of the guys from cracked used to write for a different site. i can't remember what it was now but i used to read it a lot. david wong or whatever

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
Like imagine if Steven King changed his name to Carrie King or Carrie Carrie and his Twitter handle to @carriebook and edited his own wiki page to talk about Carrie and things that happened in Carrie and the film version of Carrie. Also, imagine that Carrie had been his only book and it had been derivative poo poo.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

are you talking about john dies at the end because it was okay

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
I was on the Cracked forums once and it was mentioned like every page. I was like "shut up about the loving book you fucks" - I actually said that out loud to my screen.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Kirk Johnson posted:

Like imagine if Steven King changed his name to Carrie King or Carrie Carrie and his Twitter handle to @carriebook and edited his own wiki page to talk about Carrie and things that happened in Carrie and the film version of Carrie. Also, imagine that Carrie had been his only book and it had been derivative poo poo.

why should I?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

A lot of the time the pictures are separate from the text, you really need to read the caption where it says "And in the strip, they all sound more articulate than any black person he encounters."

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
why is cracked so obsessed with counting things

are they autismal?

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
I used to read Cracked but I got bored with the endless lists and lovely writing. Their youtube videos are pretty terrible too.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
:gas: thread

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
tbf I probably couldn't tell the diff betweena belgian and monkey

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

oh good I was think rin tintin

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i named my first pet after tin tins dog

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

lonesomedwarf posted:

i hated cracked magazine, mad magazine was a lot better

one of the guys from cracked used to write for a different site. i can't remember what it was now but i used to read it a lot. david wong or whatever

apparently david wong isnt eve nhis real name and its actually just some white guy. kind of bullshit imo

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Seanbaby was the only good part of cracked and now he's writing for some other site, so gently caress cracked.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

david wrong

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

lowis tax

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kirk Johnson posted:

Did the guy that runs Cracked write a book or something? I heard he maybe wrote a book. He doesn't really mention it that often if he did.

It was aright for the first part then he had absolutely no idea where he was going with the plot, choked, and it turned into absolute bollocks.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

who the heck is tintin anyway i'm not french so i dont know

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

homeless snail posted:

who the heck is tintin anyway i'm not french so i dont know

imagine indiana jones if he was an underage reporter, sallah was a drunkard sea captain, and charles de gaulle considered him his archrival

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp

hey have you heard of a book called john dies at the end well there's a book called john dies at the end and i wrote the book john dies at the end

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
They also have a subforum on their forum dedicated to the book.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

learnincurve posted:

It was alright for the first part then he had absolutely no idea where he was going with the plot, choked, and it turned into absolute bollocks.

'John Dies at the End' started as a short story, which was later added to and added to in an unplanned way, so you can sort of excuse it being episodic and full of loose ends.
In the sequel, 'This Book is Full of Spiders' however, he's clearly made an effort to write a coherent plot from several perspectives, which he fails miserably at.

(I'm just bitter, 'cos I've just wasted several hours of my life reading that pile of poo poo, aszuming it'll get good at some point. It never does.)

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like it how it says like "this happened in a dream and it coincided with a loud bang but how did your brain know that was going to happen" because that happened to me once in the dream i was climbing these stairs around a tower and when i got to the top an alien came out of the door and the noise it made was the noise of my friend at the time sticking his finger in a pedestal fan. this was when i was a kid, i was sleeping over at his house. for a while i was like "WOW HOW DID I KNOW THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN" but then i thought that it was probably because dreams aren't as linear as you remember them when you wake up but it was still cool to read that.

edit: this was in the book i couldn't be hosed looking up the line

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
what happens to john at the end of the book? I was always curious.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

ladyboy pancake posted:

he learns 7 crazy lessons about the world we live in

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

ladyboy pancake posted:

he doesn't die.

mods knew

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

he learns 7 crazy lessons about the world we live in

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

ladyboy pancake posted:

He goes to work in the twin towers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
:gas:

• Locked thread