Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
oh poo poo, some classic rear end fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
loading post

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

suck it down

Dec 26, 2012

as rear end fps's go its pretty classic yeah

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
daikatana's entire claim to fame is that it wasn't humble, this is blatant false advertising, a real slap in the face to us Original Gamers

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

this is probably the least interesting bundle so far.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Does this humble bundle make you its bitch?

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
wait a humble bundle is pay what yoiu want for like 10 games? wtf!!!!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

metricchip posted:

its about to

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

metricchip posted:

sorta

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hehe.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

more like daikata-nah!!!!

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

its not very good op

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

whoa wait, this thing is humble but it's going to make me its bitch and suck it down? something here's not right!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
and yet it's still better than anything that's ever been in the Indie Royale

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

square enix bundle has no jrpgs and is nothing but eidos franchises.

not that that's a bad thing, really

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008
i bought this bundle just for daikatana. its good.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
a friend of mine gifted me this cause he didn't want it. I played the first level and it was complete garbage. Like if somebody ported Tower of Guns to the N64

Lewie posted:

i bought this bundle just for daikatana. its good.

its bad.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Kill tree frogs in diakatana, bitch

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
daikatana is actually pretty good if you play only episodes 2 and 3 in solo co-op mode. the levels are fun and you dont have to worry about your dumbshit ai buddies loving up

all of episode 1 is one of the worst starting areas to a game i have ever seen in my life and episode 4 is a boring hl1 wannabe with e1-caliber level design when you reach the labs. ion storm shouldve done a roman-style decimation of the people responsible for e1 and the later bits of e4

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i don't know why they made the worst part of the game the first thing you play through.

also prison race riots.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

stoutfish posted:

i don't know why they made the worst part of the game the first thing you play through.

also prison race riots.

i was happy to see that the prisoners were able to settle their differences and band together to kill some japanese dude in dorky-looking armor just because they could. it was even more touching when they decided not to use guns even though pistols and stupid-looking futuristic shotguns were everywhere. it warms my heart and makes me hopeful for a post-racial america. romero truly is a visionary

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jul 30, 2014

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
free tromero

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
occupy ion storm

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

closeted republican posted:

occupy ion storm

according to google romero's ion storm was in the penthouse floor of the chase tower in dallas, suite 4500 and that is now occupied by a trial lawyer so you would have to tangle with super rich lawyers friend. they would def make you suck it down their bitch etc

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Has anyone ever visited John Romero's website and checked out the list of games he's worked on?

http://planetromero.com/games

He appears to have neglected to mention in what capacity, but it was probably lead designer for all of them.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I can't think of any other game that had the balls to start in a sewer level

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Mr. Pumroy posted:

according to google romero's ion storm was in the penthouse floor of the chase tower in dallas, suite 4500 and that is now occupied by a trial lawyer so you would have to tangle with super rich lawyers friend. they would def make you suck it down their bitch etc

dallas resident here, can see the chase tower from my window. flipping it a wicked sick bird as I type lmbo

Zeniel posted:

Has anyone ever visited John Romero's website and checked out the list of games he's worked on?

http://planetromero.com/games

He appears to have neglected to mention in what capacity, but it was probably lead designer for all of them.

Dreamscrafter.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

No Such Thing posted:

square enix bundle has no jrpgs and is nothing but eidos franchises.

not that that's a bad thing, really

the square enix bundle is p. tite
cant be bothered to play those tomb raider games though

• Locked thread