Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I just went to boston market for the first time a couple days ago (im in my mid 20s) and it was really, really good. however, there was nobody in there and they only had like 4 of the possible 10 sides available and had to make green beans when i ordered them. it was also a little on the pricy side but considering i had leftovers for lunch the next day it was fine.

im a little nervous because i feel like i had been missing out on this place my whole life and had only ever heard of one other person ever going to boston market. i just thought there was something wrong with it before so i never tried it.

do you like boston market? do you not? why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Boston Market has the distinction of being greasy and simultaneously dry as gently caress. The skin on their chickens and turkey is like some sort of bizarre gleaming oil rag, while the meat inside is tough and dry.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
didn't realize they still existed

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

JebanyPedal posted:

Boston Market has the distinction of being greasy and simultaneously dry as gently caress. The skin on their chickens and turkey is like some sort of bizarre gleaming oil rag, while the meat inside is tough and dry.

I can see where your coming from but that wasnt my experience. i got the chicken and and while the skin was kind of greasy the inside wasnt tough nore dry

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The only good thing about boston market is the cheesy noodles and the cornbread

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The cornbread is good, and also I imagine various Boston Markets microwave their chickens to different stages of edibleness.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The Mac and cheese I mean

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it depends on how long the chicken has been sitting on the rotisserie. chicken that sits there a long time will dry out real bad, but chicken that just hit an internal temp will have crispy skin and be juicy. high traffic will help a lot bc the chickens get rotated out a lot.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
There's half-priced sushi on Wednesdays by the Boston Market where I live so I think Boston Market is really cool.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
they have probably the best chain mac and cheese ive had tho, i dont know why that stuff is good. cornbread is solid walong w/ it, hard to gently caress it up tho.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Can get a decent meal that isn't fried poo poo. Just make sure to request healthy sides like green beans, garlic spinach, or even corn. If you eat the mashed potato, stuffing, or mac & cheese you might as well go to Five Guys for a similar intake of calories and sodium.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Its poo poo, you are telling us you eat poo poo like a german or a germanese/halfchinamengerman go back to fet life and leave gbs alone.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
their initials are BM lol

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

"boston" is a good reason to not like it

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
all of their food is processed garbage that you could buy out of a box for like 1/2 of what you pay or make a non-poo poo version for like 1/10th of what you pay there. even their loving chickens are processed and shot full of sugar water so it's basically just overpriced garbage food for fat fucks.

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
Eat at a restaurant. Does it taste good? Do you like it? If yes, accept this as your own opinion and don't try to get other people to convince you that your opinion on what is tasty is invalid because of politics or something.

You need more confidence.

edit: I haven't eaten there in years, but when I was a kid I'd go there a lot, back when it was "Boston Chicken" and not "Boston Market". I'd always get a quarter chicken with stuffing and mashed potatoes and it was always loving delicious. I'm convinced the mashed potatoes are full of crack or something.

These days I buy 4 pounds of skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs for 6 bucks and make a week and a half worth of meals for what one Boston Market meal would've cost me. My parents were morons for spending so much food on eating out.

xov fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 30, 2014

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im getting a lot of the feedback i wanted from this thread. just fyi im eating taco bell right now

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

BeefThief posted:

im getting a lot of the feedback i wanted from this thread. just fyi im eating taco bell right now

del taco is better.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

dontcareaboutname posted:

del taco is better.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

dontcareaboutname posted:

del taco is better.

great let me just drive 1400 miles to get there you loving human being

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

your west coast elitism is really triggering me right now

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It is absolutely god drat awful OP and it shouldn't need to be explained to anyone.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

BeefThief posted:

i live in a shithole, filled with cheap taco shits.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

come to think of it i did get diahreea from boston market so maybe that's a negative

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

xov posted:

Eat at a restaurant. Does it taste good? Do you like it? If yes, accept this as your own opinion and don't try to get other people to convince you that your opinion on what is tasty is invalid because of politics or something.

You need more confidence.

I like THING.
Hey GBS, is it ok that I like THING?
:confused:

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I live an hour outside of Boston and there are no Boston Markets within driving distance. I think that answers the question.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

ghlbtsk posted:

I like THING.
Hey GBS, is it ok that I like THING?
:confused:

yes it is perfectly okay for you to eat doo doo son

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Aw man I thought you were talking about market basket nevermind...

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
youre not supposed to like it op, they're everywhere and therefore bad

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Hmm. This thread would be better in The Gas Chamber

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
yeah, boston market tv dinners are great

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Their chocolate chip cookies rank up in my top 5 list of best chain restaurant cookies..i forget what my other ones are though

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I was never sure what the point of a boston market was . like the niche

i never had anything bad there

well i only ever went twice in my life

Howdges
Dec 29, 2012

sether01 posted:

yeah, boston market tv dinners are great

Pretty good when they're half off. But they're normally like $6, gently caress that.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
KFC>BM

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

loved it in the late 90s but it's been an awfully long time

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I guess I liked their earlier commercial work featuring Keith Olbermann...thats about it

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
What the gently caress is wrong with you go to a decent prepared food place if you are going to do that poo poo.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Peruvian chicken beats the crap out of Boston Market. The ones I can think of in my general vicinity are Super Chicken(the best), Chicken Pollo, and Pollo Loco. Extra green sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Denny's is better.

• Locked thread