Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

If I pay $4500 a month for an apartment in Manhattan I should not have to share a door (or a doorman) with a bunch of street trash delinquents, end of story. It's like when you get first class on an airplane, if someone wants to board first they can pay for a ticket. It's a choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
not really

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Wooten posted:

If I pay $4500 a month for an apartment in Manhattan I should not have to share a door (or a doorman) with a bunch of street trash delinquents, end of story. It's like when you get first class on an airplane, if someone wants to board first they can pay for a ticket. It's a choice.
you can go out the window, you know.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

a hole-y ghost posted:

you can go out the window, you know.

But god decided to make me better than everyone else so I shouldn't have to. Also being poor is a choice but also god is involved and stuff, I dunno.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I thought this thread was about school classrooms.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Darth123123 posted:

I thought this thread was about school classrooms.

Are you saying it isn't? I know I sure wouldn't send my kids to one of those poor schools.

naem
May 29, 2011

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

id feel pretty god drat retarded renting an apartment for $4500 a month even if I was financially well off enough to do it comfortably

like I'd have no issue at all buying something at that rate if I could afford it but drat, rent? pff

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

1gnoirents posted:

id feel pretty god drat retarded renting an apartment for $4500 a month even if I was financially well off enough to do it comfortably

like I'd have no issue at all buying something at that rate if I could afford it but drat, rent? pff

You sound like my driver. Wish I could raise the partition on you right about now.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Wooten posted:

You sound like my driver. Wish I could raise the partition on you right about now.

I'm just going to kill you and steal everything you have

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wooten posted:

I poo poo in the the bathroom by your 1st class seat on the reg while I'm seated in coach

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Man, I'm jealous all those rich fucks will have in-house drug dealers soon.

Decebal fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 30, 2014

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Decebal posted:

Man, I'm jealous all those rich fucks will have an in-house drug dealers soon.

I make my PA buy me cocaine, so it's basically already like that.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

post your bank account statement op

yeah didnt think so!!!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Wooten posted:

It's like when you get first class on an airplane, if someone wants to board first they can pay for a ticket. It's a choice.
i beg to differ, stowaways who hide in the wheelwells tend to get on before anyone else

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

*leans to look out airplane window* Mom! I can see my computer from up here!

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

red state bait posted:

post your bank account statement op

yeah didnt think so!!!

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
If i heard of a terrorist plot to blow up Manhattan/Park Slope/the gentrified parts of harlem or brooklyn, i wouldn't report it because i hate everyone above a certain income level

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Behead all those who say poor people are violent

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

looks legit, im sorry for doubting you :(

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

8 millions dollars isnt cool, you know whats cool? 8 billion dollars -Justin Crumblecake

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

red state bait posted:

8 millions dollars isnt cool, you know whats cool? 8 billion dollars -Justin Crumblecake

This is my spending money for the week. You should see my portfolio.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
can you buy me a trailer op

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
theyre only like 35000 and ill be your anal slave for life.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

EA Sports posted:

I don't see the problem with slavery, so okay.

Barfoid 3
Jun 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Im a slave to the tame meme OP

Barfoid 3
Jun 1, 2013

by Lowtax
fake edit: tane/

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

EA Sports posted:

see folks the poor make bad choices and that's why they are poor.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
I agree. There is literally nothing worse than poverty

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Another pretend rich person roleplayer. Your My little pony group let out early today OP?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The proletariat will rise and cut your head off, OP

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Hobohemian posted:

Another pretend rich person roleplayer. Your My little pony group let out early today OP?

I'm too good to break the fourth wall over such a weak troll, also the pony group hasn't been the same since we all saw each other naked.

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.

4outof5 posted:

What corrective action should be taken going forward that will empower the poor to make the right decisions at any juncture they encounter during their day to day lives? Perhaps we should tee-up by attacking the problem at the core instead of employing percussive maintenance: poor people make bad choices because they are poor. Although this issue is like putting socks on an octopus, we can't just throw the poor under the bus going forward.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

4outof5 posted:

and it's purely coincidence that poor people tend to stay poor and rich people tend to stay rich

i guess poors are just dumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
This article right here is garbage.

I really love it when liberals write about how working-class people are subhuman animals who need to ~uplifted~ in response to conservative bullshit about them not being rich because of their stupidity. The privileged right-winger is saying "the masses aren't rich because their stupid", and the privileged left-winger is saying "no, the masses are stupid because they aren't rich". The debate is so goddam elitist. The idea that the bad choices working-class people make are so important that this article needs to be written is retarded because being working-class means you dont have plenty choices in the first loving place.

Let me tell you about the plethora of individual choices you can make being working-class in america:
Hustle
Hustle for more hours
Hustle for even more hours than that
Make sure not to spend too much on bullshit.
Make sure to save.
Dont get injured.
Dont get addictdd to booze, drugs, or anything like that.
Dont have kids unless you can afford them.

Those are all the choices. Plenty working-class people fail to make all the right ones, but its not like doing everything right will make you a millionaire in the first place anyway. A poor person who has made all the right choices and is in a more comfortable position because of that isn't magically not poor.

P.S none of this applies to the unemployed goons who play video games and jack-off all day. You're all failures because of your own individual bad decisions, and you need to own up to them and stop blaming everyone

• Locked thread