Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
he threw six strikes in the first round, and landed one of them. the fight was standing the entire time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Panama Red posted:

I didn't see this posted: http://www.ufc.com/news/Riggs-Forced-Out-of-Thiago-Bout

Joe Riggs done shot himself while cleaning one of his guns

Don't watch fights
Don't read threads
Don't check the chamber

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Gregor Samsa posted:

Yeah, it's how I first heard about him. It's from one of his first MMA fights a few years back in Poland or whatever.

He has an amazing ankle pick from his amateur wrestling career, to the point that he was hitting it on guys like Adam Saitiev and Cael Sanderson. It turns out if you can work an ankle pick on the very best wrestlers in the entire world, when you fight a random Polish kickboxer you can just grab his foot and make him upside-down. I want him to do that to Tim Kennedy because Kennedy obviously prides himself on his grappling and believes he's among the best fighters in the world, so it would be funny if Yoel humiliated him.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Count Roland posted:

Is that really Yoel in that gif?

Who else could possibly do that?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Don't watch fights
Don't read threads
Don't check the chamber

the gas chamber is where posts about joe riggs belong for certain

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Diaz reported that he currently weighs 200 lbs, and that the cut to 170 is really hard for him because he gains weight so easy. So at least there shouldn't be too much of a weight difference between Diaz and Silva.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Diaz reported that he currently weighs 200 lbs, and that the cut to 170 is really hard for him because he gains weight so easy. So at least there shouldn't be too much of a weight difference between Diaz and Silva.

Anderson is like 230 between fights. He doesn't cut from that but he's definitely bigger.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/30/5952633/nick-diaz-ufc-183-conference-call-audio

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Diaz doesn';t know how to answer questions like you literally get no answers from the first few questions they asked him.

"Have you stayed busy for the past few months?"

"Yeah it really works out fighting in this january february type of thing"

Well Nick Diaz, you have no fight in February since it is on January 31st. I will have to listen to the rest of this later since it is making me baffled.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
yo man how is cormier fighting jon jones with a hosed up knee, i thought he was getting surgery

that's kind of hosed up unless he really thinks he's that good

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Dangersim posted:

Anderson is like 230 between fights. He doesn't cut from that but he's definitely bigger.

I feel like I always underestimate how big Diaz is because of his frame, but then I would say the same about Anderson.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

He's said the knee's fine minus a "lingering ACL problem" from college, so I'm guessing he might just be a little stiff in one knee and it's something the surgery could fix but isn't urgant? They were going to let Dan Henderson fight Jones and did let Shogun Rua fight him and their knees are a whole lot worse than the sounds of Cormier's, and that's just the beginning of their list of problems.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Yuriy posted:

yo man how is cormier fighting jon jones with a hosed up knee, i thought he was getting surgery

that's kind of hosed up unless he really thinks he's that good

Apparently he had decided not to do the surgery because his knee felt fine before he even got the call for the Jones fight.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

he had a messed up LCL and the pain went away or it healed on its own or something and whatever his ACL issues are he has had for years and fought through and ignored so it's not urgent to get surgery.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ya'll forgot the part on the MMA Hour where he said he did a backflip and decided if he can do a backflip he doesn't need surgery.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Well it's not as if he's going to say "yeah my knee is in pretty bad shape, I probably shouldn't be fighting on it".

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ya'll forgot the part on the MMA Hour where he said he did a backflip and decided if he can do a backflip he doesn't need surgery.

I agree with this reasoning.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/after-announcing-surgery-ufc-178s-daniel-cormier-claims-knee-is-healed-for-jon-jones-fight

quote:

“I was supposed to meet with doctor this past Wednesday to discuss a date where we could either do the surgery or go forward without it,” he told MMAjunkie Radio on Thursday. “I was going to tell him, ‘Now that my LCL is better, I don’t feel as though I need surgery. Maybe we can do something else. Some alternative stuff.’ But I didn’t go because I was in Los Angeles for the show. Thank goodness I didn’t go into that appointment, because I didn’t want to have the surgery. What if he would have advised me to? You know doctors always like to play it safe.

“I feel fine, boys. I realize now that my LCL is what was bothering me, and the only thing you can do for that is time. Well, with time, it has healed, and my knee feels completely strong. I sparred yesterday, I did jiu-jitsu, and I ran. I’m fine. I feel pretty sore, I’ll be honest with you. Too much time behind the desk, and not enough time in the gym.”

It's his rear leg anyway, so it's not like it'll be the one facing Jones

speaking of LHWs with knee injuries: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/30/5951443/ufc-alexander-gustafsson-knee-injury-not-serious-sidelined-few-weeks-recovery-mma-news

quote:

"The Mauler" took to Facebook to provide his fans with an update on his status and informed them that the injury is not a serious one and would only require a few weeks on the sidelines.

"Thank you for all the support and messages. I got a knee injury. It's not very serious, but I need to (take) care (of) it," said Gustafsson. "It's a small issue that has been with me. It's not a long recovery time - a few weeks. I'm disappointed, I really wanted to fight at 178 but I can't. I will watch it, for sure. It's a great card."

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Did he mention which knee it was because I see a lot of oblique kicks in his future

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

origami posted:

Did he mention which knee it was because I see a lot of oblique kicks in his future

It's his right knee.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

origami posted:

I really hate oblique kicks.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Jon Jones is going to throw an oblique kick and DC is going to catch it and dump him on his rear end

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Here's a list of those that been hurt by a Jon Jones oblique kick:

• feelings

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Here is a thing I kind of want to happen:

Weidman's elbow turns into animal crackers again, pulling him from the Belfort fight

Silva gets a ferocious splinter in his foot moonwalking in his kitchen

Nick Diaz vs Vitor Belfort for the interim middleweight title

Dangersim posted:

• feelings

At least Condit used an oblique kick to set up the Dan Hardy KO.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

LobsterMobster posted:

Here is a thing I kind of want to happen:

Weidman's elbow turns into animal crackers again, pulling him from the Belfort fight

Silva gets a ferocious splinter in his foot moonwalking in his kitchen

You are history's greatest monster

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

The Nevada attorney general’s office today confirmed that Casey (9-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC), who knocked out Bubba Bush in 61 seconds at UFC 175, tested positive for drostanolone, a steroid. Drysdale (7-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC), who submitted Keith Berish at The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale, was flagged for an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratio of 12-to-1, according to Deputy Attorney General Christopher Eccles.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

E: ^^^ :laffo:

I feel like Nick would beat the poo poo out of Vitor once he makes it out of the first round by unconsciously poo poo talking

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

A failed test was one of things that delayed Drysdale's debut. That's the problem with the lack of testing in high level grappling, the guys who try to transfer over never learned how to cycle.

LobsterMobster posted:

Diaz has no prior fights at Middleweight and hasn't won a fight in 3 years, and somehow this still seems plausible.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Sprecherscrow posted:

A failed test was one of things that delayed Drysdale's debut. That's the problem with the lack of testing in high level grappling, the guys who try to transfer over never learned how to cycle.

Diaz has no prior fights at Middleweight and hasn't won a fight in 3 years, and somehow this still seems plausible.

If it works for Chael P...

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Get hosed, Kevin Casey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2N2TiKI3o

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
let's look back at this headline, and wonder why http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/7/5875799/robert-drysdale-feels-no-ill-effects-after-stopping-trt

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Poor Berish. He gets his knee destroyed three ways to hell and now it's by a big mean cheater man.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

I'm the white guy in the background

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

That Ralek Gracie/Metamoris statement regarding PEDs continues to be hilarious.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Lloyd Boner posted:

I feel like Nick would beat the poo poo out of Vitor once he makes it out of the first round by unconsciously poo poo talking

The doctor steps into the Octogon in between rounds to check on Nick

"Nick, if you can solve this simple math problem I'll let the fight continue. What is 121 plus 88?"

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm the white guy in the background

Sup Spencer.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.
why are matt hughes and renzo gracie fighting in the year 2015.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Dangersim posted:

• feelings

Ok, I'll bite. What about Rampage?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

why are matt hughes and renzo gracie fighting in the year 2015.

they aren't, surely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Count Roland posted:

Ok, I'll bite. What about Rampage?

Rampage has feelings

• Locked thread