Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
SkyBet Championship 2014/15, the most difficult league to get out of.

Relegated from the Premier League last season, and so automatic favourites to return from whence they came, are cool and good lads Norwich City, the Welsh lot from Cardiff, and the Cottagers from Fulham.

Promoted teams from League One include Wolverhampton Wanderers, who could break into the top 6 in their first season back, Rovram United, who will return from whence they came, and Brentford. I have no clue about Brentford.

Fulham have made the biggest signing so far in the summer transfer window by stealing Ross McCormack from fellow promotion favourites Leeds United AFC, for a discount £11,000,000. McCormack will probably help his new club gain immediate promotion, which is deeply sickening. Derby and Wigan will probably do well. Norwich will be up there.

Blackpool have 10 players to choose from so far, so expect them to struggle. Millwall are pretty bad. Brentford are probably not strong enough to stay up, nor Rovram, but there's some bad teams competing for those three relegation spots so it's a very hard thing to predict.

Leeds, the biggest club in the division by a long way (lots of leeds fans in this forum) with their influx of Italian gods, and a manager nobody in the world had heard of six months ago, will either win the league by miles, or get relegated before christmas. Boro, another club popular with users in this forum, will finish below Leeds, or I have to pay more money to my bestest friends at man utd, probably. (They will play each other in the second game of the season, broadcast live on Sky Sports).

The opening fixtures, and league table:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Leeds are going to win the championship.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I would like to see Brentford do well because they are the nearest football league club to me but I won't care too much of they don't.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Have Blackpool got 11 players yet?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Have Blackpool got 11 players yet?

They've just signed Delfouneso again so they now have 12 contracted players.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

corn in the fridge posted:

I would like to see Brentford do well because they are the nearest football league club to me but I won't care too much of they don't.
Was fun going in the local pubs last year and all the Brentford fans were singing "Bees up Fulham down" (to the tune of "Knees up mother brown"). I hope they can stay up but it'll be tough.

I heard Blackpool have 11 players now!

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
It's Blackburn's year.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
More like Bentford.

I'm looking forward to seeing who any of Fulham's new players are, because we have sold our entire shithouse team from last year, and everyone is ok with that. Maybe by the time the season starts, we will even have a keeper. But then who can say in this crazy sport?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Blackpool signed good lad Jose Miguel Cubero so I will be following them (if they ever get a full squad).

Also I guess Bryan Ruiz is still a Fulham player so will be following them too unless they sell him.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I know I said I wanted last season to hurry up and finish, but now I want this one to hurry up and start.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pipski posted:

I know I said I wanted last season to hurry up and finish, but now I want this one to hurry up and start.

I'm terrified mate, I would rather skip the season to the end right now so I know what's going to happen

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I'm terrified mate, I would rather skip the season to the end right now so I know what's going to happen

Oh, it'll be a car crash, I'm sure, but who wants to be kept waiting around for a car crash? We've got our randomly-selected manager, we've got our dodgy Italian freebooters, we've got our packed lunches, so bring it on.

IceG
Feb 7, 2006

Bigger than Hitler - Better than Christ

Fairly sure that replacing Ulloa with a journeyman from Barnsley wasn't the greatest of moves by Brighton.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
He ain't the replacement we'll spunk a couple of mil on another promising foreigner at some point.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
This season I'm mostly looking forward to not having to watch a Chris Hughton side anymore

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Where are you taking Forest, Psycho?

Straight up, drat right. If anyone disagrees

gently caress em.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Stewart Pearce is pretty poo poo at the Quenelle.

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
millwall are good this year, op

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Botswana! posted:

millwall are good this year, op

alternatively, millwall are bad, we all hate millwall

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.

Bogan Krkic posted:

alternatively, millwall are bad, we all hate millwall

nice troll, but has you considered the contrary?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Botswana! posted:

nice troll, but has you considered the contrary?

that I'm not trolling? Yeah I did consider that, turns out it was accurate

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I don't know enough about Millwall to hate them, but Timo Soini, the leader of Finland's biggest right wing party is a Millwall supporter for some reason, so I figure there must be something wrong with the club as well.

I also like to imagine that most Millwall supporters look like him.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Frungy! posted:

I don't know enough about Millwall to hate them, but Timo Soini, the leader of Finland's biggest right wing party is a Millwall supporter for some reason, so I figure there must be something wrong with the club as well.

They do

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Hal Robson-Kanu is out for the start of the season now so Reading are pretty much starting the season with the U14 team right now

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Frungy! posted:

please don't post photos of my dad, thanks

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
We all hate Leeds scum
We all hate Leeds scum
We all hate Leeds scum
We all hate Leeds scum
We all hate Leeds scum

Is what I will be singing this year whenever I think of Leeds

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Reading are now in "Partnership" with a bunch of Thai investors including a seventy something year old rich lady and Madejski is still in charge.

Maybe we can sign some players now?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

And then we announced a partnership with a "sports nutrition" company who have no website, don't have a logo to place on their Facebook page they speedily registered and are owned by two 32yo guys with 9 bankrupt companies under their directorship already.

We're fast racing Leeds for some kind of joke club award. We'll announce we're opening a Blockbusters at the stadium soon at this rate.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Cant wait to take yet another £10 off another Leeds itt.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Bacon of the Sea posted:

And then we announced a partnership with a "sports nutrition" company who have no website, don't have a logo to place on their Facebook page they speedily registered and are owned by two 32yo guys with 9 bankrupt companies under their directorship already.

We're fast racing Leeds for some kind of joke club award. We'll announce we're opening a Blockbusters at the stadium soon at this rate.

I swear Reading looked like they were really well run like, 2 years ago, max.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

We were until Zingarevich came in. I have a feeling we're about to go all Venkys.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Bacon of the Sea posted:

We were until Zingarevich came in. I have a feeling we're about to go all Venkys.

Venky's are actually doing okay now, staying out of the limelight & not making any stupid decisions.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Leeds are owed 800 grand by west yorkshire police

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Proper sad about Tom Lees leaving, he was one of my favourites with his big frowny face. Can't wait for Balotelli and Pirlo to jump on the Leeds United calcio party bus

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Not long now boys. Not long at all.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I'm looking forward to seeing the mighty whites poo poo all over millwall

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

TelekineticBear! posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing the mighty whites poo poo all over millwall

I think leeds are cool and good especially when americans decide hey hate them, but I cannot support you on this

The Fuckest Uppest
Mar 24, 2013
After losing the tactical genius of Chris Hughton, Norwich will no doubt suffer a dire season where we'll have to suffer through scoring lots of goals and gaining promotion.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
This is brilliant I only have one thread to keep up with this season. And getting tickets should be easier and cheaper.

sweek0 fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Telegraph ran an interview with Cellino today: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...his-my-way.html Definitely a bit of a lunatic, and I expect I'll end up eating these words, but right now I can't help liking his style.

• Locked thread