Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

bit ambitious to think of yourself as people, twee

bit ambitious

lol youre effectronica though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Move thread to D&D

Spice up life

Lock Twee in D&D. That way everyone wins (except Twee and D&D)

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

The Droid posted:

i will remain standing alone amidst the burning twisted ruins of dnd once im done :twisted:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

The Droid posted:

frankly, i would suggest reenacting parts of a clockwork orange only with anime

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gum posted:

its funny because despite how much you complain about old gbs, new gbs hates you far more. you're just a whiney unfunny poster

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Twee as gently caress posted:

i will remain standing alone amidst the burning twisted ruins of dnd once im done :twisted:

:munch:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

hmmm, i've got some bad news :smith:

yeah what I meant to say was they would go to prison and not be lionized by a bunch of retards

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Rubix Cube goon weighs in

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Chuck Tanner posted:

trayvon was a piece of poo poo thug

Yep, the son of a truck driver and program coordinator who lived in a suburbs was definitely a gangbanger

woops thug means friend of the family here right

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Alexzandvar posted:

Zimmerman got acquitted but he pretty much cannot set foot in any major city that isn't in florida now lol

Hes Florida Man

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Filippo Corridoni posted:

Yep, the son of a truck driver and program coordinator who lived in a suburbs was definitely a gangbanger

woops thug means friend of the family here right

thug means thug

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
he was caught with weed and burlgary tools, iirc

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Ponce de Le0n posted:

thug means thug

He wasn't a druggie, and anyone who doesn't love violence is a drat pussy.

look at this filthy thug, with an attitude towards violence even more casual then Trayvon Hitler

edit:
~all aboard the thug train, chu chu~

Filippo Corridoni fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 30, 2014

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Hmm. I think this hot issue would be better served in the Debate and Discussion forum.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

He wasn't a druggie, and anyone who doesn't love violence is a drat pussy.

look at this filthy thug, with an attitude towards violence even more casual then Trayvon Hitler

edit:
~all aboard the thug train, chu chu~

lol what on earth are you going on about dude?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

you seriously make the worst posts stop trying to turn the clock back to 1.0 you retard

:ironicat:

Gum posted:

its funny because despite how much you complain about old gbs, new gbs hates you far more. you're just a whiney unfunny poster

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Copley Depot posted:

he was caught with weed and burlgary tools, iirc

not hosed up if not true

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?

Ponce de Le0n posted:

lol what on earth are you going on about dude?

violence doesn't make you a "thug". to apply this slur to Trayvon Martin for liking fights promotes being a wimpy, effeminate pacifist. Unless he was robbing old ladies and mugging people, trayvon was not a thug. All you goons are babies who never even been in a fight before.

Nazareth Weedian
Apr 18, 2014

Chuck Tanner posted:

trayvon was a piece of poo poo thug

and zimmerman is a loving nutjob

they both suck

gotta knock the dead kid down a peg imo, i like this post

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Trayvon was clearly a thug.

During the altercation, witnesses reported hearing a young Asian boy shout "Zimmy, cover your heart!"

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

violence doesn't make you a "thug". to apply this slur to Trayvon Martin for liking fights promotes being a wimpy, effeminate pacifist. Unless he was robbing old ladies and mugging people, trayvon was not a thug. All you goons are babies who never even been in a fight before.

he might or might not have been a thug. both sides seem to have a vested interesting in either making him out to be an angel or a thug.

tbh pictures of him holding a gun, talking a lot about drugs and boasting about beating the poo poo out of snitches on twitter really don't help, but by all accounts he was not a crazy gangbange crime lord just an average lovely teenagers like a lot of teenagers are, and that's not necessarily something that means he deserved to be killed over it. imo his choice of girlfriend was a lot more offensive than the thug stuff

reality is not black and white, human beings are not binary, maybe we should leave the dead kid alone and also zimmerman unless he breaks the law or something else that enters public domain because at the end of the day, whether you believe he was guilty of murder or defending himself, the state didn't have. in american its innocent until proven guilty, and the state proved that they did not have enough evidence to show he was guilty while the defense showed they had a lot to prove self-defense

it really feels pointless to still discuss this or get angry about it at this point. especially since youve had more than 10,000 young african-american teenagers/young men killed since and none of you can't name a single one, even less debate about the content of their character

:shrug:

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet

he might or might not have been a thug. both sides seem to have a vested interesting in either making him out to be an angel or a thug.

tbh pictures of him holding a gun, talking a lot about drugs and boasting about beating the poo poo out of snitches on twitter really don't help, but by all accounts he was not a crazy gangbange crime lord just an average lovely teenagers like a lot of teenagers are, and that's not necessarily something that means he deserved to be killed over it. imo his choice of girlfriend was a lot more offensive than the thug stuff

reality is not black and white, human beings are not binary, maybe we should leave the dead kid alone and also zimmerman unless he breaks the law or something else that enters public domain because at the end of the day, whether you believe he was guilty of murder or defending himself, the state didn't have. in american its innocent until proven guilty, and the state proved that they did not have enough evidence to show he was guilty while the defense showed they had a lot to prove self-defense

it really feels pointless to still discuss this or get angry about it at this point. especially since youve had more than 10,000 young african-american teenagers/young men killed since and none of you can't name a single one, even less debate about the content of their character

888 didn't read poo poo

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

droppin knowledge up in this ma'

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

King of Internet posted:

888 didn't read poo poo

i bet youre a fucken GOON, too

:picardfacepalm: :clinteastwood: :guyshakinghisheadsayingno:

Filippo Corridoni
Jun 12, 2014

I'm the fuckin' man
You don't get it, do ya?
Real talk, i hated how all these white liberals made Trayvon look like this child, it was ridiculously sanctimonious. If anything, its about whether people, regardless of their race, have the right to be a real man in a situation where someone might be stalking them. People shouldn't have been going on about skittles, they should have been asking why Zim Zam da Kill Man was so into stalking (unarmed!) young black men and whether doing so warrants a beatdown.

Goons, if you were walking down a street and a guy who you think is gonna anally rape you was definitely following you, would you try beating them up or just run away like a bitch?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Trayvon thought "hey this guy's running around with a gun and harassing random people, I should put a stop to this"

Zimmerman thought "hey this guy's running around in a hoodie and being black, I should put a stop to this"

2 sides of the same coin, except one side is dead and the other is a human being

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Real talk, i hated how all these white liberals made Trayvon look like this child, it was ridiculously sanctimonious. If anything, its about whether people, regardless of their race, have the right to be a real man in a situation where someone might be stalking them. People shouldn't have been going on about skittles, they should have been asking why Zim Zam da Kill Man was so into stalking (unarmed!) young black men and whether doing so warrants a beatdown.

Goons, if you were walking down a street and a guy who you think is gonna anally rape you was definitely following you, would you try beating them up or just run away like a bitch?

Run away with my anal virginity intact.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

maybe we should leave the dead kid alone and also zimmerman unless he breaks the law or something else that enters public domain because at the end of the day, whether you believe he was guilty of murder or defending himself, the state didn't have. in american its innocent until proven guilty, and the state proved that they did not have enough evidence to show he was guilty while the defense showed they had a lot to prove self-defense

The fact that Zimmerman was tried and a verdict handed down doesn't impose a legal or an ethical duty to believe his account of events or that his behaviour was justified.

As you seem to recognise, a criminal trial isn't about proving what actually happened. It is a constitutionally mandated process by which we determine whether the state is allowed to impose a penalty on the offender, typically one involving the use of force against his or her person. The state is required to prove each factual element of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt, not to prove what did happen or what more likely than not happened and not to prove what the rest of society should think of the defendant.

A trial may well reveal, as in this case, that the defendant is a horrible piece of poo poo who deserves to be detested by his peers and regularly mocked on somethingawful.com, but also that the state does not have the evidence to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. The latter is all that a not guilty verdict establishes.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Trying to beat them up seems to end with being on the receiving end of bullets here in America soooooo.....

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
the only way the killerman/thugvon story could be any better is if zim zam just keeps killing people and getting acquitted, forever

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
im gay

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CharlestonJew posted:

Trayvon thought "hey this guy's running around with a gun and harassing random people, I should put a stop to this"

Zimmerman thought "hey this guy's running around in a hoodie and being black, I should put a stop to this"

2 sides of the same coin, except one side is dead and the other is a human being

Zimmerman wasn't running around with the gun in his hand. He got attacked by a high thief and he killed him. They should of gave him the keys to the city and a batmobile.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

i bet youre a fucken GOON, too

:picardfacepalm: :clinteastwood: :guyshakinghisheadsayingno:

Sssshhhhhhhhh twiggy twee

Less talking. More lifting.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sinking Ship posted:

Trying to beat them up seems to end with being on the receiving end of bullets here in America soooooo.....

Pedos should be riddled with bullets

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

CharlestonJew posted:

Nice story, but not true. This is much more accurate:

Zimmerman thought "hey I better follow this suspicious looking person while I call the police"

Then, Zimmerman lost sight of him and thought, "Welp, guess I better go home"

Trayvon thought, as he hid in some bushes, "Hey this mexican dude is going to rape me I loving hate faggots so I'm gonna beat the poo poo outta him"

Then Trayvon jumped on Zimmerman and Zimmerman shot Trayvon

Fin.

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp

Saga posted:

a criminal trial isn't about proving what actually happened.

lol

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
i wish martin was a thug, id be fine with him offing zimmerman

a public service of sorts

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
i hate this guy and hope he winds up in our lovely prison system for a long time

e: i'm talking about twee as gently caress, if that was unclear

Box of Trial fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 31, 2014

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

This white frenchman wants GBS 1.0 back lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Frostwerks posted:

the point being having contraband at one point in your past doesnt merit street justice when you don't have it on you

You wouldn't last a second in the GOP

• Locked thread