Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/30/5951385/this-is-my-e-cig-there-are-many-like-it-but-this-one-is-mine

i really like this article, he really gets across that he's seen full metal jacket. thanks to the magic of e-cigarettes i can look forward to decades more of this visionary writing with no cancer in sight, god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
puffing candy-flavored clouds from a robot dick itt

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
not weed, voted 1

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiqfGVmBD6U

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

not weed, voted 1

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

not weed, voted 1

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
ecig fanatics need to be wedgied forever

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Smeego posted:

ecig fanatics need to be wedgied forever

By cool guys who smoke cigarettes and have terminal cancer?

IveGot2Dads
Dec 18, 2011
Smoke real cigarettes you goddamn pussies.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This poo poo is gold!

lovely Writer posted:

Every day, I take apart the pieces of my e-cig and clean them. I wipe each part down with tissue or Q-Tips. I examine its parts, naming their arcane names and checking for signs of wear and failure. I unscrew the metal from the metal, I fill it with a self-made mix of nicotine-infused liquid, I check the seals.

I reassemble, I tighten the bonds, I snap out the end of the barrel and look for leakage. I watch for changes in the color and consistency of the liquid, of the vapor created from it, I swap out the battery for a fresh one.

It’s a ritual that more than one person has said looks like cleaning a gun. It is not very different. A gun is an instrument for killing. An e-cig is an instrument for delivering a drug — but it is also an instrument for delivering a tiny death so that I might forestall the desire for a true death, which is the true purpose of a cigarette.

Culture is a virus that attaches itself to objects. They cannot escape it and we are incapable of stopping its spread. Instead of Marlboro vs Camel there’s Joyetech vs Kanger, instead of filters there’s atomizers and cartomizers and voltages. E-cigs and their names and their attributes are borne of the internet and meaningless without it. To learn their names and their qualities you must participate in an internet culture that is a wonderful and terrible mix of forums, small businesses, interminably long and deeply obsessive YouTube reviews and instructional videos, arthouse evangelists, modification enthusiasts, and mysterious Chinese companies that are the ultimate source of your gear.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
^ what a fag ^

I used e-cigs for a couple of years, never cleaned them or anything. I just recharged the batteries and bought new bits when old bits stopped working.

I managed to quit cold turkey though, nicotine addiction is for weak bitches.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Quitting is for fags. Winners never quit

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

theperminator posted:

no, by cool guys who aren't addicted to the least interesting drug known to mankind

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

newreply.php posted:

Truly the future is here and its everything we hoped for

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks

theperminator posted:

I mean any cool guy will do. I have acquaintances who are obsessed with ecigs and it seems like a really dumb way to be bored

like why does your ecig need 10 different tips and steampunk battery packs and cyanogenmod

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

newreply.php posted:

I love Roy Orbison

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

IveGot2Dads posted:

*blows strawberries&cream vapor in your face*

no...

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Professor Shark posted:

Idiotic article

I used an ecig when I quit regular cigs and I'd still wedgie the moron that wrote all those words

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
what's ur lvl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ltt2M_-SDo

IveGot2Dads posted:

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

i am an e-cig sommelier and i recommend you try this vintage e-cig juice that we've had sitting in the back. it is a wonderful early-2014 that has hints of fake red bull taste

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

newreply.php posted:

sounds p good to me

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Shaun McIlroy,Community Manager posted:

If you consider how huge the tobacco enthusiast culture is in our world, you’ll see that e-cigarettes (see the ‘e’ in that) and the associated technology is transforming that culture in new ways. It’s the sort of thing you might not have considered before but you’re able to see it here through the lens of Dieter’s relationship with it. Whether that interests you or not only you can say.

Just like TC and his Facebook post yesterday technology, modern life is about more than tech specs and incremental Ghz speed boosts. It’s about how technology intersects with everything we do, be that scientifically, artistically (through the expression of film) or culturally – in this case.

And there’s still the hard tech if that’s what you’re in to. But for now let’s keep the conversation on track here, as often these comment sections become more about why something exists than letting the words have room to breathe and inspire conversation.

what the gently caress, Dieter's relationship apparently consists of jamming his ecig up he own rear end?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what is it with tech nerds? daily show awhile back had some google glass nerds who called themselves glass explorers and compared themselves to civil rights leaders when people told them to gently caress off and stop recording people in public

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Rad Tad posted:

i am an e-cig sommelier and i recommend you try this vintage e-cig juice that we've had sitting in the back. it is a wonderful early-2014 that has hints of fake red bull taste

I think today i'll go with one of the 8 different menthol flavors that all taste like cheap chewing gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

I think today i'll go with one of the 8 different menthol flavors that all taste like cheap chewing gum

a fine choice sir, may I recommend this pipe that looks like a dick or this pipe that looks like a bent dick with a reebok sticker that I couldn't peel off

• Locked thread