Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mnemosyne posted:

The problem is a little more complicated than that though. Depending upon what type of impairment we're talking about, the disabled child has a good chance of outliving the parents. Even if the parents are willing to take care of that child for their entire lives, what happens when they die?

My best friend's aunt has severe mental retardation. Not Downs, but she's mentally the equivalent of a 6 year old. Her mother (my friend's grandmother) cared for her until the day she died, which was not an easy task as she has problems with things as simple as using the bathroom on her own. Then her mother died. Now care of the retarded aunt has passed to her sister (my best friend's mother). Her sister spends all her time and tons of money caring for her. Now that her sister (friend's mother) is getting older herself, she's having talks with my friend about how she's going to have to care for her eventually.

In this case, there was no choice involved as the aunt was born back in the early 60's when there was no prenatal testing or detection for this sort of thing. However, if you have a choice and you're going to knowingly condemn your other children and THEIR children after them to care for this disabled child...then that's pretty lovely.

So the world birthed the first immortal and it is mentally deficient?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Nobody likes retards, but some people are so scared of doing anything that someone somewhere might disagree with they will spend their entire life focused on a retard rather than do a slightly naughty thing one time to prevent that, lol

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Dolphin posted:

we got rid of polio, a much more difficult feat in my opinion

Polio can't get all retard strong.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

they also oppose vitamin k shots which prevent like 4/1000 babbies from bleeding into their skulls

its loving vitamin k

why

dude, there are hard chemicals in those shots. hard chemicals. you can inject your baby with chemicals if you want.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Maoist Pussy posted:

Nobody likes retards, but some people are so scared of doing anything that someone somewhere might disagree with they will spend their entire life focused on a retard rather than do a slightly naughty thing one time to prevent that, lol

Oh who gives a gently caress about one retard baby when thousands of civvies are getting hosed up in Gaza and nothing will happen because of it

Life has no value lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

send all downys to israel

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

send all downys to israel
a final solution to the downs question.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
The downsies will just start firing really lovely rockets in random directions and

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

Oh who gives a gently caress about one retard baby when thousands of civvies are getting hosed up in Gaza and nothing will happen because of it

Life has no value lol

not to jews, they don't believe in heaven and they bake christian babies into their matzo (jew-tongue for devil's bread.)1

1. Fact.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Al Nipper posted:

I think I could deal with a downs kid better than an autistic kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4PTf7LgsIE

I mean seriously can you imagine living with that thing. Or being a neighbour. Really shines a light on that anonymous letter asking the mom to euthanize her maniac child.

I think there's different grades of autism though. Like Autism Lite, which just gives you a predisposition to really like My Little Pony, Warhammer 40K, and outdated hats, and Malt Autism, which is shown in that video.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

lol autism isn't real, those people are just retards who can't raise a child

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

BUSH 2112 posted:

i didn't know michael savage had a SA account

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

BUSH 2112 posted:

I love when retards have retards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbGsE4cZ4eE&t=76s

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

MegaGatts posted:

As someone who works with retarded people I can say with 100% accuracy that parents with retarded children are far less happy. Sure it may not manifest right away. The first 12 or so years they're basically normal parents with an emotional time bomb they're avoiding. In those years they tell themselves, "my child will be the one to beat the odds. He might not be a genius, but he could get a job and have a good life.". This falls apart at the beginning of the teenage years at the latest. They see how stunted their child is compared to their peers. They realize the work they have to put in just to keep their child alive is greater than the effort a parent of a normal child needs to expend for their child to thrive.

The doctors visits intensify at puberty when inappropriate sexual behavior shows up. They have to deal with the embarrassment of their son or daughter masturbating in public, flashing their junk to other children, and the scores of sessions with psychologists to keep these u der control. This is when some kind of chronic physical illness shows up, it could be anything from malformed arches that cause pain just from walking to diabetes. One thing is for sure, there will be one long term, chronic illness to hit a retarded person before 21. The parents are used to it by this point. Their illusions that their child will have a good life are shattered. The most they can hope for is that the child will be somewhat happy. They over indulge their kid, usually with food because lovely food is the best thing they can afford after their bank account has been sucked dry over the years by the doctor visits and specialized care. If they're very well off they may over indulge with DVDs or some other kind of stimulation they pray will make their child happy.

Around this time they start looking for options for their kid, the 8 hours aday of respite public school gave then evaporates around 19 or 20. They'll try to meet its needs themselves, but eventually that'll wear them so ragged they'll look for homes. The guilt for putting them in one never really leaves because 99% of homes are horrible places you wouldn't want to put an animal.

The saddest part is when asked if they're happy they'll say yes, like the most insidious form of Stockholm syndrome. Of course if you deal with them over a period of time you'll see them cry a lot.

Really, if youre pregnant with a retarded child please abort it. You'll be so much happier.

I dont want this post to make it sound like I dont think retarded people deserve good lives and care, but the fact of the matter is they rarely get it, they are a burden of their family, and usually suffer from a series of horrible illnesses.

There are tragic accidents of genetics that make it impossible to tell if a child is retarded until its born, in those cases ky heart goes out to the family. However, it is the apex of selfishness to have a retarded child knowingly. You burden everyone who comes in contact with it.

I liked how therattle stopped posting after this truth bomb.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Rated PG-34 posted:

he benoited his family.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

fun fact: having downs does not prevent you from also being autistic.

Talk about losing the genetic lottery.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

i could get banned for unironically supporting nazi beliefs? :ohdear:

just because nazis believed in eugenics doesn't mean it's not a good idea. hitler also liked cats and cats rule. note: i have no idea whether or not hitler really liked cats.

[edit] i don't mean racial eugenics just stopping retards from being born/keeping them out of society because they're not human really

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
don't forget the space truckers hauling their cargo

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

BUSH 2112 posted:

they're not human really

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Rated PG-34 posted:

That post really sums up why anyone who thinks they're being enlightened by purposefully doing this is a complete fool.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

BUSH 2112 posted:

just because nazis believed in eugenics doesn't mean it's not a good idea. hitler also liked cats and cats rule. note: i have no idea whether or not hitler really liked cats.

[edit] i don't mean racial eugenics just stopping retards from being born/keeping them out of society because they're not human really

Eugenics always starts off with noble ideals. Obviously I'd like to spare people with disabilities the severe hardships they'll have to deal with. But, there has to be a line. With Downs Syndrome, we can detect it before birth. Autism is quite a bit more difficult, as it doesn't show up until the child is two or three. Cerebral Palsy is another difficult issue. There's no loving test for that, nor will there ever be. It's not a disease, nor is it genetic. Yet it can cause untold hardship.

Fixing human beings is not as simple as you might think. Talk to any social worker or aid volunteer and you'll get a complex answer. Only on the internet is it possible to reduce things to yes or no, because the real world is not like that at all.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Stream My Little Pony directly into uterus and see if there is a reaction, you might have the beginnings of autistic brony inside you

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Maoist Pussy posted:

In GBS 1.0, you would get banned for saying that gypsies are awful. Which they are, btw.

gbs 1.0 welcomes you

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

i'd rather have a downs kid than an autistic or even aspie kid.

edit: downs people can be charming and polite. aspies and autists are all insufferable

In high school I had to be the "buddy" of a girl with both Downs and autism. My job was to make sure she learned how to recycle trash, washed her hands after using the bathroom, and didn't molest any men. She was incapable of talking and was about as intelligent as a smart dog.

What I'm saying is that one does not magically preclude the other.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

platedlizard posted:

In high school I had to be the "buddy" of a girl with both Downs and autism. My job was to make sure she learned how to recycle trash, washed her hands after using the bathroom, and didn't molest any men. She was incapable of talking and was about as intelligent as a smart dog.

What I'm saying is that one does not magically preclude the other.

What kind of treats did you use to train the dog?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Xelkelvos posted:

What kind of treats did you use to train the dog?

Pudding.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

protip: use vanilla because the drool doesn't stain as bad as chocolate pudding drool

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Lazyfire posted:

So the world birthed the first immortal and it is mentally deficient?

The retarded aunt is the youngest of that set of children. We know now that the older the mother is, the higher the risk of all forms of birth defects, and her mother was close to 40 when she was born. Her mother lived to be roughly 70, which left behind a 30 year old with the brain of a 5-6 year old. My best friend's mother is the oldest child of the group and is slightly more than 10 years older than her retarded sister. Retarded Aunt is now 55, which means her sister is not far from 70, which is too old to properly care for a 180lb 6-year-old, hence the responsibility of Retarded Aunt possibly being passed on to my friend.

I've watched the family struggle with how to care for her for over 30 years now. My best friend and I have been friends since we were 3 years old, so I've grown up with the family. It's definitely colored all of our opinions about prenatal testing and raising profoundly disabled children. My best friend is pretty much afraid to have kids at all because of it.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

maybe im a bad person but i really really dont like retards

everyone of us is instinctively repulsed by retards, you have to work a lot on yourself to overcome that bias

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I saw a retard in the enchanted forest and he seemed happy and independent

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

mookface posted:

I saw a retard in the enchanted forest and he seemed happy and independent

We should probably release all autists and downs into the forest to give them a fair chance

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

We should probably release all autists and downs into the forest to give them a fair chance

He had a hard time not molesting the salmon. Seriously he was throwing rocks at the salmon

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

MegaGatts posted:

As someone who works with retarded people I can say with 100% accuracy that parents with retarded children are far less happy. Sure it may not manifest right away. The first 12 or so years they're basically normal parents with an emotional time bomb they're avoiding. In those years they tell themselves, "my child will be the one to beat the odds. He might not be a genius, but he could get a job and have a good life.". This falls apart at the beginning of the teenage years at the latest. They see how stunted their child is compared to their peers. They realize the work they have to put in just to keep their child alive is greater than the effort a parent of a normal child needs to expend for their child to thrive.

The doctors visits intensify at puberty when inappropriate sexual behavior shows up. They have to deal with the embarrassment of their son or daughter masturbating in public, flashing their junk to other children, and the scores of sessions with psychologists to keep these u der control. This is when some kind of chronic physical illness shows up, it could be anything from malformed arches that cause pain just from walking to diabetes. One thing is for sure, there will be one long term, chronic illness to hit a retarded person before 21. The parents are used to it by this point. Their illusions that their child will have a good life are shattered. The most they can hope for is that the child will be somewhat happy. They over indulge their kid, usually with food because lovely food is the best thing they can afford after their bank account has been sucked dry over the years by the doctor visits and specialized care. If they're very well off they may over indulge with DVDs or some other kind of stimulation they pray will make their child happy.

Around this time they start looking for options for their kid, the 8 hours aday of respite public school gave then evaporates around 19 or 20. They'll try to meet its needs themselves, but eventually that'll wear them so ragged they'll look for homes. The guilt for putting them in one never really leaves because 99% of homes are horrible places you wouldn't want to put an animal.

The saddest part is when asked if they're happy they'll say yes, like the most insidious form of Stockholm syndrome. Of course if you deal with them over a period of time you'll see them cry a lot.

Really, if youre pregnant with a retarded child please abort it. You'll be so much happier.

I dont want this post to make it sound like I dont think retarded people deserve good lives and care, but the fact of the matter is they rarely get it, they are a burden of their family, and usually suffer from a series of horrible illnesses.

There are tragic accidents of genetics that make it impossible to tell if a child is retarded until its born, in those cases ky heart goes out to the family. However, it is the apex of selfishness to have a retarded child knowingly. You burden everyone who comes in contact with it.

gently caress tards, and not in the sexual way

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BUSH 2112 posted:

i was going to post something sarcastic but i don't think i can top straightup nazism

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

t4

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
didn't read the thread.

did anyone make a joke about aborting the op yet?

if not consider it made

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Al Nipper posted:

I think I could deal with a downs kid better than an autistic kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4PTf7LgsIE

I mean seriously can you imagine living with that thing. Or being a neighbour. Really shines a light on that anonymous letter asking the mom to euthanize her maniac child.

this is your average something awful dot com poster lol

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

BUSH 2112 posted:

but enough about the jews

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
I hate women and minorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Morkyz posted:

I hate women and minorities.

Willkommen in der Republikanischen Partei