Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
so one of the office hottys passed by handing out cans of this :

"One of the students I'm mentoring is selling this Vemma stuff, so I bought a case to help him out. I don't drink energy drinks so I'm giving them away."

Okay.

Wow.

Holy poo poo this stuff is bad. Eye-watering, chair pounding, snap-your-head-back-and-spit levels of nasty.

OMG.

gonna finish the can anyway, will report back if I die or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
iseeyouseemeseeyou easily claims first post

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
keep this thread alive so we can hear about your coworker telling you that she lost her savings in a pyramid scheme in a few months tia

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

iseeyouseemeseeyou easily claims first post

I like the challenger part of your sig but not a fan of the av

OP please describe the bouquet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
So is it worse than other energy drinks or better?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Bawls is the only energy drink I can stand and it's becoming harder and harder to find Bawls anywhere. I just want some more Bawls in my mouth already.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

buttcrackmenace posted:

so one of the office hottys passed by handing out cans of this :

"One of the students I'm mentoring is selling this Vemma stuff, so I bought a case to help him out. I don't drink energy drinks so I'm giving them away."

Okay.

Wow.

Holy poo poo this stuff is bad. Eye-watering, chair pounding, snap-your-head-back-and-spit levels of nasty.

OMG.

gonna finish the can anyway, will report back if I die or something
kick her in the nuts to get some sense into her you can thank me later

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp

I'm saying nothing.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

why mangosteen
why

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
we were

only freshmen....

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Stoic Commie posted:

we were

only freshmen....

not to be confused with the verve pipe

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
halfway through the can. Ugh.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

OP please describe the bouquet

it smells of (raw) aloe, aluminum, and chemicals

ArbitraryC posted:

So is it worse than other energy drinks or better?

Jesus yes

I keep a 4-pack of Redbull on hand at all times - if I miss breakfast my blood sugar dips and I get the worst headaches

2 ibuprofen and a can of redbull == headache gone within 30 mins

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

piss into the can and see if it tastes different... if not you've been had!!!

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Lowtax was so far ahead of the mangosteen fad that it blew up in his face

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
what kind of chemicals would you say volatile organics or more like acids or what

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
is it give you any stomach ulserations

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

what kind of chemicals would you say volatile organics or more like acids or what
or noble gases

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

buttcrackmenace posted:

halfway through the can. Ugh.

it smells of (raw) aloe, aluminum, and chemicals

Jesus yes

I keep a 4-pack of Redbull on hand at all times - if I miss breakfast my blood sugar dips and I get the worst headaches

2 ibuprofen and a can of redbull == headache gone within 30 mins

You know they sell aspirin and caffeine together as excedrin or migraine formula. I worked at a convenience store that sold a bunch of Red Bull and I asked the Red Bull rep if he got free Red Bull. He said yes and it hosed up his kidneys because he drank like 3 cans per day.

But he's probably the exception, not the rule.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Stoic Commie posted:

we were

only freshmen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

thank you.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Acids. Def acids.

also WTF is a mangosteen. Mangoes are delicious - even the common ones where you eat one on Saturday but are still picking random mango strings out of yr teeth on Wednesday

im pooping! posted:

You know they sell aspirin and caffeine together as excedrin or migraine formula. I

I tried them. Doesn't work as quickly as a small can of redbull + 400 mg of ibuprofen (or 1000mg of aspirin). The combo is magical.

I once grabbed the wrong bottle and took two migraine relief tabs (250mg acetaminophen, 250mg aspirin and 65mg of caffeine per tablet) and washed it down with a 16oz can of redbull. Couldn't stop the shaking.

3/4 of the way through. either it doesn't taste as bad when it warms up some or my taste buds are shutting down?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

buttcrackmenace posted:

also WTF is a mangosteen.
delicious

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

here i took some pictures of mangosteens.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
energy drinks are for vodka otherwise dont drink them at all

im biased the one time i was in an ambulance was after a monster energy drink lol

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Congrats on drinking gauche liquid queer

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

R-Type posted:

Congrats on drinking gauche liquid queer

liquid queer is actually in the soylent thread

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

1gnoirents posted:

energy drinks are for vodka otherwise dont drink them at all

im biased the one time i was in an ambulance was after a monster energy drink lol
monster renal fail brah

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

monster renal fail brah

it was some kind of allergic reaction or poisoning with that particular can. i was in a research hospital and everything, kickin rad (cue $4000 a day bill)

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
finished a while ago. Not dead but I notice a touch of heartburn.

1gnoirents posted:

I was at an airshow in AZ when they first started marketing that stuff - free cold cans of Monster for everyone!

two observations.

first - the air was so dry that cold cans sitting out were indistinguishable from warm cans - condensation didn't exist.

second - honeybees love Monster. That open can you left in your armrest? Check the innards before you take a swig.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I suppose the important question is would you spend money for this drink?

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!

1gnoirents posted:

it was some kind of allergic reaction or poisoning with that particular can. i was in a research hospital and everything, kickin rad (cue $4000 a day bill)

lol what? What happened here? (unless you can't tell us because of the non-disclosure agreement) (tell us anyway)

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

its not exciting (well, it was for me) and nothing was ever found out, the can was long gone, I didn't pursue anything legally or anything and the doctors were legitimately trying to figure it out. I'll post it when i get home for people to mock me later

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
that's bullshit offering your body to science via research hospital should be payment enough

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

that's bullshit offering your body to science via research hospital should be payment enough

That was actually the second time I was there for something weird. The first time I had this weird rash on my forearms that a doctor or two just couldn't figure out. I mean, its a rash though, I thought, and dermatology is like one of least researched medical fields for things that aren't life threatening so I didn't think that was so weird.

But they did. So much so that my doctor asked me (unbelievably politely) if I wouldn't mind coming to a dermatologist conference or something that was being held there in a few weeks. Having a bunch of doctors from around the world try to figure this out for free? gently caress yeah. Anyways, it turned out to be a rare side effect of a mild nickel allergy I was getting from my belt. For the first time in my life since I started wearing belts my stomach was able to touch the top of it when I sat (another reason to not be fat!!!1) which caused an id reaction, creating some sort of very specific rash. After at least 30 doctors examined it one by one (each followed by almost ridiculous apologizing and gratitude) one woman said lift your shirt please and there was a tiny red spot she was looking for. She had seen it before once, and that was that. My rash was photographed and it was entered into the Great Medical Encyclopedia. I bought some non nickel alloy belt and poof, all better.

But anyways, I drank a classic green monster can and within 15 minutes I felt super uncomfortable. I was just sitting, in a cool room, feeling like I just mainlined caffeine and then I suddenly felt like I fell a few times even though I hadn't moved and I called 911. Amusing thing! - if you call 911 on yourself and sound pretty calm and together they don't really act very serious. I'm not blaming them, they weren't unprofessional or anything, but one of the EMT's took my pulse when I was in the ambulance and basically yelled at a guy sitting in the front that it was 160 and he loving busted in the back and kicked the first person to the front, put ECG leads on me, put an IV in me (which blood went into up the tube) and started grilling me for information which I had very little of. My pulse got up to 180 before I started losing feeling in my extremities and I was starting to think I was going to die for sure. The EMT comforted me by saying "don't worry, we have the equipment to handle that!" which of course made me feel even shittier. And the lights and sirens went on and I felt even more morbid .

I was pretty delirious and sweating for a few hours. I was surrounded by nurses and doctors in varying quantities, being asked questions I didn't know the answer to, tested for every possible known thing, my blood being sent for special testing in the research portion, an old professor looking dude looking at me over glasses going Hrmmmm hmmmMMm hmmm. They didn't really want to give me anything because there was zero idea of theory of what was wrong. Eventually my heartrate "settled" to 140, then 120, then the next day it was normal.

Anyways, that's why I don't like monster energy drinks anymore

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

"buttcrackmenace" posted:

second - honeybees love Monster. That open can you left in your armrest? Check the innards before you take a swig.

Why are there bees in your car in the first place lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

shgdfsadf

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.

1gnoirents posted:

That was actually the second time I was there for something weird. The first time I had this weird rash on my forearms that a doctor or two just couldn't figure out. I mean, its a rash though, I thought, and dermatology is like one of least researched medical fields for things that aren't life threatening so I didn't think that was so weird.

But they did. So much so that my doctor asked me (unbelievably politely) if I wouldn't mind coming to a dermatologist conference or something that was being held there in a few weeks. Having a bunch of doctors from around the world try to figure this out for free? gently caress yeah. Anyways, it turned out to be a rare side effect of a mild nickel allergy I was getting from my belt. For the first time in my life since I started wearing belts my stomach was able to touch the top of it when I sat (another reason to not be fat!!!1) which caused an id reaction, creating some sort of very specific rash. After at least 30 doctors examined it one by one (each followed by almost ridiculous apologizing and gratitude) one woman said lift your shirt please and there was a tiny red spot she was looking for. She had seen it before once, and that was that. My rash was photographed and it was entered into the Great Medical Encyclopedia. I bought some non nickel alloy belt and poof, all better.

But anyways, I drank a classic green monster can and within 15 minutes I felt super uncomfortable. I was just sitting, in a cool room, feeling like I just mainlined caffeine and then I suddenly felt like I fell a few times even though I hadn't moved and I called 911. Amusing thing! - if you call 911 on yourself and sound pretty calm and together they don't really act very serious. I'm not blaming them, they weren't unprofessional or anything, but one of the EMT's took my pulse when I was in the ambulance and basically yelled at a guy sitting in the front that it was 160 and he loving busted in the back and kicked the first person to the front, put ECG leads on me, put an IV in me (which blood went into up the tube) and started grilling me for information which I had very little of. My pulse got up to 180 before I started losing feeling in my extremities and I was starting to think I was going to die for sure. The EMT comforted me by saying "don't worry, we have the equipment to handle that!" which of course made me feel even shittier. And the lights and sirens went on and I felt even more morbid .

I was pretty delirious and sweating for a few hours. I was surrounded by nurses and doctors in varying quantities, being asked questions I didn't know the answer to, tested for every possible known thing, my blood being sent for special testing in the research portion, an old professor looking dude looking at me over glasses going Hrmmmm hmmmMMm hmmm. They didn't really want to give me anything because there was zero idea of theory of what was wrong. Eventually my heartrate "settled" to 140, then 120, then the next day it was normal.

Anyways, that's why I don't like monster energy drinks anymore

Dude, this exact same thing happened to me once with a green monster. I've had plenty before, and a few since but one day after I drank one the same thing happened. The feeling like I was falling, and the super high blood pressure. Even the ambulance guy saying "Don't worry, we have the equipment for that!" line.

They didn't really have anyone check me out though. I never even saw a doctor in the ER, they just gave me fluids and some Ativan and it went away in 8 hours so they chalked it up to a panic attack and sent me on my way.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

oh I forgot when I was in the ambulance and getting really bad my fake calmness was breaking (subconscious reaction I think) and I kept saying "I can't feel my fingers, please is there something I can do" which turned into "I can't feel my hands!! Please is there something I can do!" in increasing intervals of panic. I felt like once that lack of feeling hit my body I would be dead. Which is actually probably true, for other reasons of course

He told me "Rear! Rear yourself!"

Me: "... what? Please-"

EMT: "Squeeze. Squeeze your anus, like your rearing"

Me: *have I gone crazy* "What does that mean!"

EMT: "Pretend your taking a poop"

Me: "????"

EMT: "Now try to stop taking a poop! Do that! Rear your butt!"

And I did. I don't know if it helped but I guess it distracted me from the fear of dying a little.

Monster energy drinks!

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Dude, this exact same thing happened to me once with a green monster. I've had plenty before, and a few since but one day after I drank one the same thing happened. The feeling like I was falling, and the super high blood pressure. Even the ambulance guy saying "Don't worry, we have the equipment for that!" line.

They didn't really have anyone check me out though. I never even saw a doctor in the ER, they just gave me fluids and some Ativan and it went away in 8 hours so they chalked it up to a panic attack and sent me on my way.

Haha, what? No way man that's nuts. This was probably 7 or 8 years ago now for me, how about you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
so did the monstor factory just put in 500 grams instead of milligrams or :iiam:

• Locked thread