Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Clarification to my movement: I want to trail the car from this side of the fence, hiding behind the containers when I need to. Also, my hear all whispers within 200 feet power should be activated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

Clarification to my movement: I want to trail the car from this side of the fence, hiding behind the containers when I need to. Also, my hear all whispers within 200 feet power should be activated.

Oh poo poo, I totally forgot about that.

:siren: In that case: :siren:

When the courier pulls up the gatehouse, he says to the guard, nervously, "Sam?" The guard says "That's me. You got it?" Then the kid handed over the envelope. He checks it and says "Go on through. Get what you gotta get and go before the next patrol."

After the kid passed the guardhouse, the guard goes back into his shack. Jarrod then hears him say "He's here. Yard C."

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Reposting for this page:

XyloJW posted:

Red dots are where people have seen movement. The furthest north one is the one Marvin, Raj, and Jarrod all saw, furthest right is the one Doug saw, and the bottom one is the one Swires saw.

Consider this to be in Combat Time, so I'll need everyone's actions for what they're doing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

can Alf see anything or would I need to get closer?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Yeah, for you and Selene, the view is obstructed by the containers that Jarrod, Marvin, and Swires are on.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf picks up his rifle and with a run up jumps across to the next container.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

*"There's a car sneaking in from up north!*" Raj relays to the people he can see: Marvin and Buggy on lookout, and Doug and Boon nearby.

*"When it's closer I'll try and stall it with the kudzu!"* Raj looks for where he can get the clearest shot.

If I spot someone with a gun though, save the kudzu for later and activate the gun-stop power first. Cause I can't spend that gnosis then rage to throw in the same turn.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
*"I'm going to mind link the kid, but if he doesn't want to accept it we might lose each other temporarily."*

Marvin adds the dude on the bike to the mind link.

*"Alright kid, I'm going to ask you not to freak out about this, but there are some guys headed towards you from behind and your left, and I'd wager they're not feeling as benevolent as I am right now. You listen to me though and you're going to come out of this fine."*

Does Marvin know the guard is a triple agent. If yes, warn him about that too.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Just to be clear, are we in Yard C?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod relays the whispered information to the rest of the crew

*"The guard is in on it, he's alerted the TBK. Try and avoid him!"*

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy draws a bead on his movement and waits...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Alerted to the movement, David Boon prepares to fall into it like a brick shithouse.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Just to be clear, are we in Yard C?

Yes

SKY COQ posted:

Alerted to the movement, David Boon prepares to fall into it like a brick shithouse.

Which one? You've been alerted to three.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Doug is going to watches the area where he saw movement, dropping his soaking scarf over his eyes and zooming in with his enhanced vision, attempting to find anyone, or anything, hiding in concealment.

If he sees something and has a clear shot, he'll take it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Selene is going to put together a route for the courier to follow to avoid the Kings following him, and give him directions through the mindlink if possible. With a bit of luck and teamwork we can get this resolved without firing a shot.

Wits/Leadership maybe? Trying to emulate the scene from the third Bourne film.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

XyloJW posted:

Yes

Which one? You've been alerted to three.

The one coming around the corner.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Boon readies himself to beat on any available target.

Doug watches intently where he'd seen movement in the parking lot. Tension builds until he realizes he'd just caught a glimpse of a piece of garbage blowing in the wind.

Doug had botched his previous perception roll, but he succeeded on this one.

Swires watches intently where he'd seen movement in the office building. Tension builds until he realizes he'd just caught a glimpse of an oscillating fan in one of the windows.

Swires had botched his previous perception roll, but he succeeded on this one.

Alf jumps from container to container towards the road.

Strength+Athletics (5+0), difficulty 6. 2 successes. Dex+Stealth (2+0), difficulty 5. [Results withheld.]

Jarrod leaps down from the container and bounds along the side of the fence, darting behind containers to avoid detection. Now closer to the vehicle, his super hearing power picks up one of the occupants of the car saying "He's coming to you now. Get in position." He relays this over the mindlink.

Dexterity+Stealth (5+0), difficulty 5. [Results withheld.]

Selene heads towards the road at ground level. She realizes the courier is heading into a trap. She tells Marvin that he needs to tell the boy to head toward Yard D.

Wits+Leadership (3+2) difficulty 6. 1 success. Dex+Stealth (4+2), difficulty 5. [Results withheld.]

Marvin focuses on the courier and forces himself into the teenager's mind. He tells the kid that he's being followed and lead into a trap, he's got to go to Yard D! The kid almost loses control of his bike from surprise at the sudden mental invasion.

Manipulation+Expression (4+3) difficulty 5. 6 successes. Critical success. The kid cannot resist the rest of the scene.

Raj waits for the car to get closer, stands up, hurls a kudzu bomb at the approaching vehicle, and then drops back down out of sight. It lands right in front of the car and erupts, tangling up the front-right tire. The car swerves but doesn't go off the road. It's slowed down somewhat.

Dex+Athletics (2+2) difficulty 6. 2 successes. Dex+Stealth (2+1) difficulty 5. [Results withheld.]

:siren: Submit your combat actions :siren:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf drops to a knee, steadies the gun and takes aim at the front tyre of the vehicle. *Taking a shot* Alf announces over the mind link.

As soon as he has a clear shot of the tyre he takes it.

Use willpower to reroll if I miss.

Use a rage to slide the bolt on rifle so I'm ready to shoot again next turn.

Edit:*changed action*

hambeet fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 2, 2014

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Boonie crouches on the edge of the roof like an overweight cricketing gargoyle, scanning the scene below for any more trouble. He'll only drop down if the combat gets out of control.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Raj targets the guard with his gun-jamming power. If he's in on all this, he'll probably be the first one to react and fire back once Alf takes his shot.

How many can I target per turn or per gnosis point? Can I just try and jam anything in the general area of the car, and get the TBK guys too?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Buggy swears and turns his focus from the fan to the car. The first melon that exits the car is getting popped.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

DDoug aaims aat the car and shoots, hhoping to hit the driver through the roof.

EEdit: pphone going nuts, ewill fix later.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Will Marvin have to move to keep an eye on the kid as he travels to Yard D?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod ranges out in front of the courier, looking for the guys who are going to intercept him. Spend a rage if necessary to go further.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Selene starts moving to shadow the courier, staying out of sight and continuing to direct him away from the trap as best she can.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Everyone regains a Rage for Raj initiating the overt combat. Raj also passed his stealth check, so the car has no idea what it just hit or why.

Selene follows the courier, staying close but out of sight. The courier, thoroughly freaked out but maintaining his cool, starts to round the turn towards Yard D.

Dex+stealth (4+2), difficulty 5.

Jarrod ranges out ahead of the courier, around the bend. Jarrod sees a car parked across the short bridge that leads out of the port. He hears frantic voices inside. One of them says "Something's wrong."

Spending a Rage to get out ahead.

Alf sees the car slow as its front axle is wrapped in vines. "Firing!" he mentally alerts the pack.

-------//-------

Marvin, seeing everyone spreading out, realizes that in order to maintain the mental link he'll need to move to the tallest container closest to the road. He starts hopping from container to container like Alf did.

-------//-------

Alf unslings his rifle and snaps a shot off, hoping to hit the tire and stop it entirely. He is rewarded by seeing the car lurch to one side as the driver fights to maintain control. The car starts to make a ponderous turn in the road. Alf racks the bolt, getting ready to fire again.

Dex+Firearms (2+2) difficulty 8 for a moving target in a rainstorm. 1 success. 1 Rage spent to fire again next turn.

Boon readies to support whoever needs it.

Raj, prepared to stop the guard with his gun-jamming power as soon as the first shot is fired, shouts the secret Weaver Word he'd been taught. He feels a brief solidifying of the structure of the universe all around.

Raj spends a Gnosis. He rolls Willpower (5) difficulty of the highest Willpower of those affected (7). 1 success. The gun jamming will last just for this turn.

Swires lines up a shot on the driver.

Doug lines up a shot at the roof of the car, hoping to hit any occupant.

Their guns jam.

-------//-------

Marvin leaps across the first container, lands, and keeps his momentum as he leaps to the second. His balance was off on the landing, though, and he stumbles. Marvin trips and falls to the ground between containers, the breath knocked out of him. Marvin loses sight of everyone.

Strength+Athletics (4+0) difficulty 6. Botch. The mindlink is cut off until Marvin re-establishes visual.

-------//-------

Selene, trying to keep the courier in view, hurdles the chainlink fence, briefly leaving her cover. However, around the same time, Alf's gunshot rings through the air.

Jarrod up ahead attempts to warn others mentally of the ambush on the bridge, but finds there's no one in his head but himself. He hears the gunshot and then from the car "What the gently caress.." and a second voice "It's a setup!"

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

God drat it Marvin.

The voices in Boonie's head go quiet. He frowns, then runs to the south side of the building, crouching over the edge to follow Jarrod. He attempts to spot Jarrod, as well as keeping an eye out for trouble.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Uh, is that a "yes" for "can I jam everything in the general vicinity rather than just 1 gun?"

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Uh, is that a "yes" for "can I jam everything in the general vicinity rather than just 1 gun?"

It only works on everything in the vacinity.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod gets up to the car, staying out of sight. He uses his thunderbolt power to stun the people in the car, and then spends a rage to do it again.

This assumes that the effects stack and disable them for multiple turns

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I believe Thunderclap is based on Gnosis, so you can't spend Rage in a turn when you use it.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
You'd also need to spend a Rage to close in on it this next turn. They deliberately set themselves far back so the courier wouldn't realize he was in a trap till he couldn't turn back.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Raj realizes that Doug next to him is also having gun difficulties. That didn't feel like he could actually target it any better! He whispers a hurried apology.

"Arrrgh! Sorry, I'll wait till your next shot before I do that again..."

Raj tries to relay this plan to the others, but now the mindlink is down too! He didn't think things would start going pear-shaped quite this soon.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

XyloJW posted:

Jarrod has learned Thunderclap. Spend one Rage to use this power, and every person within 5 meters, including allies, has to roll Willpower difficulty 8 to avoid being stunned for a turn.

e: so get there, spend a rage to attack once, spend a rage to attack again. sound good?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Oh okay, my bad. The original description had it as Gnosis, but I changed it and then I guess didn't save the change. Cool, good, yes.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Lying on the ground on his back in the pelting rain after sliding off the top of the container, Marvin silently thinks to himself "I'm gonna loving kill that young Lib."

Realising the urgency of the situation, he pulls himself up off the ground and his fresh back problems and does everything in his power to get back in position.

Spend rage to perform as many actions as it takes to climb back up. If I can use willpower in the same turn, activate increased senses.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf, shocked at the sudden mental silence but happy his shot had its intended affect decides it might be good to move. It's what they did in that sniper documentary on Galaxy TV after all.

He jumps to a new container and jumps from that again to pause and try to see what is happening with the courier. I want to hop down one row and to the right one. So I'm diagonally down to the right of my current position to see what is happening with the courier. Okay?

hambeet fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 7, 2014

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Selene is unaware of the ambush up ahead, but is keeping an eye out in general. When the mental link goes quiet she decides to get a little further ahead of the courier.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Doug gives Raj an absolutely withering look and attempts to unjam his rifle and fire again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf burps.

• Locked thread