Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The early game is super loving dull and the first style tier of moves of the two schools I've tried so far (Infinity and 5 Venoms) are really meh but wow it picks up at 20 when you unlock the second style. Which school is being shown in this vid from the OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ22aF_SS4

e: oh hahaha. What's funny is this thing Moonlight Blade is what I'd actually want to play.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I officially am not allowed to beat this game.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
If you were a Draconian Tong that wouldn't have happened.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Great Hat Cult's whip style is vastly more fun than Great Hat Cult's bug-shooting style.

That should not be. There should be no possible way that firing poisonous insects at people should be less fun than hitting them with a bit of leather. But that's where we are, gentlemen.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

There are rare bosses in Demon Pits

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bothorse flowers in bloom.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Actually saw someone with deep enough pockets to get the Tiger mount earlier.

Get your box opening skills on this guy's level Drinkfist. I suggest changing your name to Driinkfiist to start.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Applied in game as snakepriest

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Applied with Rawdog

im gay

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

Applied with Rawdog

im gay

This is a no judgement zone. We're all fagmosexuals here.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting us. I understand that you accidentally deleted your companion from the promo.

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to revert in-game actions and GM's cannot assist players with item restoration. Players will be held accountable for all activities within the game. Please be careful in the future.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

---------------------------
Perfect World Support

R.I.P. Emperor Meow 2014-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwnoNVOj1Fs

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Applied with Kaballah also gay

e: I tentatively conclude this is a pretty fun game if you can get past the horrible chat, the painfully cryptic delivery of all forms of information, and the largely super-low-effort quest content. Also the terrible sound FX. There's some great beatemup going on though.

How is it that gold spammers have a much longer chat input line buffer than normal people do?

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 2, 2014

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

#Crazy

Certain t6hings seem to bypass chat filter like the # emotes.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

The Quake posted:

So I just translated some new patch notes from the chinese version, apparently were getting...a new race.
Why are you spreading false information. You just lifted those from NeverWinter.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I've tried to pick up wushu a few different times but could never get into it. Theres something different about this though that makes it extremely playable.

I was about to reroll from wutang until I got the second skill set. poo poo owns.

angellinck
Jul 9, 2014
Play a class until you get the third set of skills, that will really tell you how that class plays. At lvl 30 you can combine and make your own combo. and for example for shaolin, I really outshine when I reach my lvl 40 and was able to combine skills to conduct an amazing damamge combo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
This is for rawdog who couldn't figure this out.

Katsukai
Aug 27, 2013
Yo man, it's brothersharp from Age of Wulin Goontang, decided to join in since Wulin and Wushu are both now dead and there is no point playing anymore cause of those whales paying 2000 bucks to be swoll.

P.S Goontang in Wulin isn't even disbanded yet.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

This is for rawdog who couldn't figure this out.

Yeah see, I don't get that number on the bottom left of the icon. I have no idea why not.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah see, I don't get that number on the bottom left of the icon. I have no idea why not.

Your video game has aids.

angellinck
Jul 9, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

Your video game has aids.

AGREED!

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Any tutorship links available? The ones in the OP are filled.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Here's mine: 23070000000148226124

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

In as GoldiLocks

I am the worst.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Flow chart has Splendor and Zephyr in the not wanting to win section, why is this?

The wiki says they're both pretty good for pvp, with one of them being good at getting poo poo done through enemy CC/status effects and the other being a strong 1v1 pvp class.

Also what's the deal with E'mei and Infinity? Are they just easy-mode/overpowered?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

lohli posted:

Flow chart has Splendor and Zephyr in the not wanting to win section, why is this?

The wiki says they're both pretty good for pvp, with one of them being good at getting poo poo done through enemy CC/status effects and the other being a strong 1v1 pvp class.

Also what's the deal with E'mei and Infinity? Are they just easy-mode/overpowered?

There's been some changes since beta. Try and work out what class you like best and go from there. There isn't a super powered PVP class

BERGfu fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 4, 2014

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

For the Ask for Information Guild Task it says: every branch 3 times per day. Is that every area we have influence in 3 times per day? 3x8=24 info runs a day?

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

No More Heroes posted:

For the Ask for Information Guild Task it says: every branch 3 times per day. Is that every area we have influence in 3 times per day? 3x8=24 info runs a day?

Yes.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

lohli posted:

Don't listen to that chart, it's silly. Each School will have certain areas they absolutely excel in and others where they really don't. No one is really OP in a conventional sense. Regardless if you like alts this is the game for you, it is hilariously easy to make alts and try out different schools. And don't forget you have 3 character slots.

And for the record E'mei aren't overpowered. Easy-mode possibly but not overpowered. It does give you a creeping feeling of absolute superiority over drat near every other school though. :smugdog:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Five Venoms have the best hats ergo are the best class.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That Jerk Steve posted:

Regardless if you like alts this is the game for you, it is hilariously easy to make alts and try out different schools. And don't forget you have 3 character slots.

What? You have 3 slots and it takes a week to delete a character. And you can't get more slots.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

What? You have 3 slots and it takes a week to delete a character. And you can't get more slots.

Stop rolling alts. No normal goon has the mental fortitude to get one character to 89 let alone two. You are setting yourself up for failure.

Here is what we got and what we need.

Splendor: One is enough. Only roll if you enjoy being beaten to death with sticks.
Wu Tang: Too loving Many of this worthless school. Get hosed with your cloudsword anime obsession nerds.
Tong: Have Zero. Need Many. One of the best Group War PvPers as well as winner school of the first Monthly tournament.
Five Venoms: Have One that is addicted to pills. Need more. Great Group Aoe fighters.
Emei: Can never have enough. We have enough.
Zypher: Have two. Both are garbage at the game. Roll em.
Harmony: Worthless. Don't Roll.
Infinity: Really fun 1v1 arena pvpers. Does little in Group pvp. Roll em and fight me for entertainment.
Shaolin: Most full of poo poo loving class there is. Roll em literally. No poo poo they roll and gently caress poo poo up.

I can't stress enough how much we need Tongs for Wars. They literally have a pocket chaingun. They excel in all things crazy.

Also stop reading the OP because we gave up being serious with this poo poo day 1.

Now commence the wining about how I made fun of your poo poo class and quoting my bullshit.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 4, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Drinkfist posted:

Five Venoms: Have One that is addicted to pills. Need more. Great Group Aoe fighters.

I don't know if this refers to Suzera and her kfp addiction or me and my endurance pills.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Aleth posted:

I don't know if this refers to Suzera and her kfp addiction or me and my endurance pills.

Ill leave that one up for you to decide. Pick the one that makes you blush and carry on.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Aleth posted:

Maybe tomorrow drinkfist-senpai will notice you.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

Stop rolling alts. No normal goon has the mental fortitude to get one character to 89 let alone two. You are setting yourself up for failure.

But I like failure though. :smith:

Anyway yeah for my 3rd slot I had been thinking about a proper tank but I don't think this game actually does that kind of thing with taunting and aggro management and poo poo so I guess I'll do the machine gun monk thing. You didn't mention Sun/Moon, is that any good?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
He just remembers me when he wants a quick snog under my parasol. :bigtran:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU

Aleth fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 4, 2014

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Treasure maps have started to get hard.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Flesh Forge posted:

But I like failure though. :smith:

Anyway yeah for my 3rd slot I had been thinking about a proper tank but I don't think this game actually does that kind of thing with taunting and aggro management and poo poo so I guess I'll do the machine gun monk thing. You didn't mention Sun/Moon, is that any good?

Wu-Tang and Shaolin are 'tanky' by virtue of their tenacity and constitution scaling combined with their self healing. Supposedly Shaolin have a taunt through Tiger Roar, but if it works it's either not very reliable or has quite a short duration. Most mobs tend to pick targets based on proximity so it is possible to tank in some cases, to limited effectiveness.

But yeah, don't play alts. If you want, get schools you are interested in to 40, but afterwards you have to pick a main. You will burn out very quickly if you try to level more than one character at a time, especially if they are in the same account. There's just far too much poo poo to do daily in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

You didn't mention Sun/Moon, is that any good?

I don't like enabling HyC. Roll it if you wish Assassin's creed had a baby with God of War.

• Locked thread