Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

Camp report: Gurley is back :swoon:

Immediately prohibited from jumping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thermos H Christ posted:

The cable monopoly in College Station still has no deal to carry SEC Network. I am somehow both annoyed and impressed by their hubris.

FIOS still doesn't have a deal either which is pissing me off.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Got a tour of the upper decks of the (relatively) new addition to Spartan Stadium last week. Think this was just finishing up as I graduated so they were all areas I hadn't seen before.

The new home of the original Sparty on the ground floor.

South end screen from media row.

North end screens from media row.

View of the field from a luxury suite (this one was owned by the Ag. Dept)

New practice fields for both the football team and the marching band. In the distance, you can see a white tower that was installed after what happened at Notre Dame to make sure anyone taking video can do so safely.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Real Madrid practicing for their big soccer game vs. Man U coming up at Michigan Stadium:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqu_18WDMhQ

Best football Rynearson Stadium is going to see all year.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I love Delaney. I wish I had a tenth of his power and magnificence.

Although I have a powerful mane of hair, so I have that over him.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Deteriorata posted:

They finally gave up on that crap. It's just East and West now. Rutgers is East, with Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan. They'll fight it out with Indiana and Maryland for last place.

Thank god, it was just embarrassing for any conference to do that. Looking forward to watching Maryland get stomped over and over in the name of more money.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Kim Jong Il posted:

We've got a small stadium so attendance isn't going to be an issue, we were doing 40k+ against AAC teams while playing mediocre football. The tickets for Michigan, PSU, and Wisconsin are going to resell for hundreds.

And I think we're going to beat you, Maryland, and Indiana.

Indiana might surprise you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was under the impression that Indiana was becoming a little less embarrassing, was that like a one year deal or is the program actually getting slightly better?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kim Jong Il posted:

And I think we're going to beat you, Maryland, and Indiana.

please source your quotes

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

I was under the impression that Indiana was becoming a little less embarrassing, was that like a one year deal or is the program actually getting slightly better?

The last good year I remember them having was in 2007, but it's just been downhill for them ever since

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RhoA posted:

The last good year I remember them having was in 2007, but it's just been downhill for them ever since

I was actually thinking of last year, which...well yeah they were still awful. But that was a fun offense at least, and having one good unit is more than I'd expect out of Indiana.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

They've had a pretty exciting offense the last few years, combined with an excitingly non-existent defense. Thus they got into a lot of high-scoring shootouts, most of which they lost.

Last year they were 17th in scoring points, 117th in getting scored on. If they can move their defense up into the merely terrible range, they could make a bowl this year.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So SC reported 22 secondary NCAA violations over the past year, and this was one of them:

quote:

One infraction from last winter involved impermissible iced decorations on a cookie cakes given to prospects.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
So....non decorated cookie cakes are NCAA approved?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Frinkahedron posted:

So....non decorated cookie cakes are NCAA approved?

It must be a whole lotta fun to sit on the committee that has to decide just what constitutes permissible versus impermissible recruiting expenses.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'd be entirely okay with Rutgers beating Penn State, that'd be really fun and cool.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Drones being used to film practices. Thanks Obama... :argh:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah UCLA's been using them for a while as well. Makes sense since you can do stuff like float them right above the O/D lines, directly behind the QB, etc.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Deteriorata posted:

It must be a whole lotta fun to sit on the committee that has to decide just what constitutes permissible versus impermissible recruiting expenses.

One time in church, the priest said that the Vatican had people hard at work discovering new sins all the time. My dad leans over to me and asks "how do you get that job?"

I think the NCAA thing is the same as that.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
If I'm a coach I order a hellfire drone strike on my practice squad when they gently caress up.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

soggybagel posted:

If I'm a coach I order a hellfire drone strike on my practice squad when they gently caress up.

Israeli Rules Football.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

VDay posted:

Yeah UCLA's been using them for a while as well. Makes sense since you can do stuff like float them right above the O/D lines, directly behind the QB, etc.

UCLA makes sense because of the weather but I wonder how much they cost because they're hyper delicate in almost any weather.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Komet posted:

Popping up from off season lurking to agree with this. Purdue will retain the crown for the State of Indiana's Shameful Football program this year.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Komet posted:

I suppose there is a certain baseline of incompetence that they could dip under and take me off guard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how can Indiana do anything without Tre Roberson

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I've hit my offeason rock-bottom- Little League WS pool play on the Longhorn Network. East Texas 21R 9H 0E Oklahoma 0R 0H 6E through 3 innings :stonk:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Frackie Robinson posted:

I've hit my offeason rock-bottom- Little League WS pool play on the Longhorn Network. East Texas 21R 9H 0E Oklahoma 0R 0H 6E through 3 innings :stonk:

Haha, you watch the Longhorn Network more than twice a year

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, you watch the Longhorn Network more than twice a year

I think it's the first I've watched in the past 12 months, so I'm good

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Frackie Robinson posted:

groverat alt spotted

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

mayodreams posted:

Popping up from off season lurking to agree with this. Purdue will retain the crown for the State of Indiana's Shameful Football program this year.

That crown is and always will be on Notre Dame's head, God Bless.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Emron posted:

I was more making fun of the time-honored TFF tradition of reaching to make a lazy joke about a school/state's definitive disaster when that state/school gets mentioned in any context. We're all guilty of it. poo poo, I did it like two pages ago.

Yea but when the effort is put in it's really funny.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

insh'allah

go noles

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alouicious posted:

how can Indiana do anything without Tre Roberson

Their passing QB was pretty good! Their offense was actually pretty solid, but woah boy that defense.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Deteriorata posted:

They've had a pretty exciting offense the last few years, combined with an excitingly non-existent defense. Thus they got into a lot of high-scoring shootouts, most of which they lost.

Last year they were 17th in scoring points, 117th in getting scored on. If they can move their defense up into the merely terrible range, they could make a bowl this year.

Well Roberson transferred out.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Regnevelc posted:

Well Roberson transferred out.

Sudefeld was better anyway.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011