Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
We need a list of players who are having an awful camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Everyone who's injured and can't practice.

Oh and Johnny Manziel I guess.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Mo Hurt. Just a fat waste of space.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Colt Lyerla
Tom Savage
Denarius Moore
Eric Ebron
Jace Amaro
Justin Britt
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Ryan Nassib
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Jimmy Garoppolo
Jon Baldwin
Christian Ponder
Jordan Palmer
Mike Adams
Da'Rick Rogers
Knowshon Moreno

all bad

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Well yeah

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

Jared Abbrederis tore his ACL Thursday.

Has a fanbase ever been collectively more distraught over a fourth-stringer getting injured as the Packer fans have been about Abbrederis?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Sean Smith has been (probably fake) demoted to the second team for KC if that counts for bad.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Hurt During Camp (haven't practiced much/at all)-
Allen Robinson - Jags
Louis Nix - Texans
Jeff Janis - Packers
Jadeveon Clowney - Texans
Dominique Easley

Out for Year
Jared Abberderis - Packers
Demarcus Lawrence - Cowboys

Good Start
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins - Buccaneers
Bort - Bort Bort. Bort? Bort.
Kelvin Benjamin - Panthers
Cyril Richardson - Bills
Trai Turner - Panthers
Bene Benwikere - Panthers
Justin Gilbert - Browns
Sammy Watkins - Bills
Zack Martin - Cowboys
Devonta Freeman - Falcons
Jordan Matthews - Eagles
Joel Bitonio - Browns
Seantrel Henderson - Bills
Kevin Norwood - Seahawks
Brandin Cooks - Saints
Ryan Shazier (fast) - Steelers
Davante Adams - Packers
Anthony Barr - Vikings

Bad Start
Eric Ebron - Lions (drops)
Cyrus Kouandjio - Bills
Jace Amaro - Jets
Johnny "loving" Football - Browns
Morgan Moses - Washington
Kony Ealy - Panthers
Jimmy Garappolo - Patriots
Odell Beckham - Giants
Jeremy Hill - Bengals

Stolen Off Waivers By Billy Fiveaces
Tyler Gaffney - Panthers

Obviously if a player is on the good list it should be taken with a grain of salt, as beat writers wanna hype up their team. On the other hand, if the story from team press is that a player sucks, you can probably take their word. If you want someone added to the list just let me know (I have a feeling the last one will be lonely).

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 3, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Grittybeard posted:

Sean Smith has been (probably fake) demoted to the second team for KC if that counts for bad.

Those few years with the Brandons were pretty rad. Well in that one specific respect.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 3, 2014

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Brandon Harris has been having a bad camp and might be cut from the Texans. He was a second-round pick in 2011. :sigh:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I haven't seen much about Steeler's 1st round pick Shazier, only that he has been good. Anyone hear any specifics?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

swickles posted:

I haven't seen much about Steeler's 1st round pick Shazier, only that he has been good. Anyone hear any specifics?

@BobLabriola Jul 28
Ryan Shazier combines a bull rush with a swim move during backs-on-backers. Not too many LBs can pull that off.

@rayfitt1 Jul 29
No Steelers practice today but here's a recap of the first day in pads. This just in. Rookie LB Ryan Shazier is fast. http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...es/201407290116

@ScottBrown_ESPN Jul 30
Nice play Ryan Shazier. Almost picked off short pass over the middle from Ben to Spaeth. Arrived at same time as the ball.

@AKinkhabwala Jul 30
Saw Steelers rookie LB Ryan Shazier limping. Asked Mike Tomlin if he's OK. Coach said: "He just walks like that."

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Tyler Eifert supposedly has been catching everything in camp. Don't be surprised if he's the #1 in the regular season.

Apparently he dominated the targets in a padded practice/mock game.

They were apparently using him all across the LOS, lining up everywhere except in the backfield, and ran routes/got targets from all of those spots.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's check in on everyone's favorite Arkansas QB

quote:

ESPN Titans reporter Paul Kuharsky said second-year QB Tyler Wilson has been "very bad" in training camp.

The Raiders' fourth-round pick last season, Wilson could not beat out UDFA Matt McGloin and was waived in November. He latched on with the Titans, but it seems unlikely he will beat out rookie Zach Mettenberger for the No. 3 job.

Well then

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Benne posted:

Let's check in on everyone's favorite Arkansas QB

Well then

Weren't most reports from the Raiders that Wilson was just unbelievably dense and couldn't learn the playbook?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Bjoern Werner, Newsome (rookie LB), Donte Moncrief, and Greg Toler have had a great camp. Toler, in particular, can't wait to get out there and get hurt when the regular season starts. Wayne looks as good as he always has. Landry has practiced all of 1 day, same with Vontae Davis.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Weren't most reports from the Raiders that Wilson was just unbelievably dense and couldn't learn the playbook?
See: Every Bobby Petrino QB

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The Raiders are a QB hungry team that has a GM/HC that are under extreme scrutiny about every move they make regarding the draft and whose jobs are on the line and they still decided to release him asap. That's how bad Tyler Wilson is.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

The Raiders are a QB hungry team that has a GM/HC that are under extreme scrutiny about every move they make regarding the draft and whose jobs are on the line and they still decided to release him asap. That's how bad Tyler Wilson is.

So they could clear a roster spot for Matt McGloin.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Volkerball posted:

So they could clear a roster spot for Matt McGloin.

Really all that needs to be said is in separate battles for a roster spot against McGloin and now Mettenberger, he couldn't win either

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
I went to the Vikings night scrimmage/practice yesterday. Cordarrelle Patterson was being covered by Xavier Rhodes all night and Rhodes got the best of him, including a sick leaping interception.

Cassel and Bridgewater looked pretty similar I'm not sure if that's good because Bridgewater is a rookie and Cassel's a vet or bad because Bridgewater looked like Cassel.

Ponder threw two passes and completed neither.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

ProfessorGroove posted:

I went to the Vikings night scrimmage/practice yesterday. Cordarrelle Patterson was being covered by Xavier Rhodes all night and Rhodes got the best of him, including a sick leaping interception.

Cassel and Bridgewater looked pretty similar I'm not sure if that's good because Bridgewater is a rookie and Cassel's a vet or bad because Bridgewater looked like Cassel.

Ponder threw two passes and completed neither.

Be prepared for your corners to play like they're probowlers regardless of actual ability. That's Zim's calling card.

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Eifert Posting posted:

Be prepared for your corners to play like they're probowlers regardless of actual ability. That's Zim's calling card.

I'd love that because everyone besides Rhodes is pretty bad. The big question is who is going to play middle linebacker for us, I really hope Zimmer figures that one out because theres pretty much no one there. He even tried Greenway but I guess it didn't work out. I know all about Vontaze so I still hold out hope he'll be able to piece together a respectable defense out of this pathetic bunch.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

ProfessorGroove posted:

I'd love that because everyone besides Rhodes is pretty bad. The big question is who is going to play middle linebacker for us, I really hope Zimmer figures that one out because theres pretty much no one there. He even tried Greenway but I guess it didn't work out. I know all about Vontaze so I still hold out hope he'll be able to piece together a respectable defense out of this pathetic bunch.
He could pick up some of the guys Bengals would be dropping, quite a few would be at least serviceable.

By the way, Vikings camp coverage is amazing. There are several reporters tweeting everything what's going on on the field. All we get for Bengals are a couple of vines a day.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

zimbomonkey posted:

Hurt During Camp (haven't practiced much/at all)-
Jeff Janis - Packers

Out for Year
Colt Lyerla - Packers

Janis has shingles and will be back soon.

I haven't seen anything from Lyerla to indicate yet that he will be out the whole year. He sustained a leg injury but that's all that's really known.

Davante Adams is having a really nice camp so far, as is Richard Rodgers.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

zimbomonkey posted:

Bad Start
Morgan Moses - Washington
Kony Ealy - Panthers
Really? drat. I wanted them on the Bengals so bad and was pissed when Jeremy Hill was chosen. Though he's also on this list so hooray.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

According to Rotoworld via the Washington Post there's a nonzero chance that Moses gets cut. And Jeremy Hill has fumbled 4 or 5 times already. Yeah.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 3, 2014

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Vikes are trying Future NFL Superstar Kain Colter at punt returner.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bene Benwikere looks great and is playing Charles Godfrey off the team.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Benjamin apparently hasn't dropped a ball all camp.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Bene Benwikere looks great and is playing Charles Godfrey off the team.

zimbomonkey posted:

Benjamin apparently hasn't dropped a ball all camp.

You guys need to stop, cause I don't need to be getting my hopes up.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Don't worry, our O-line is probably bad enough for 3 units.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

pigdog posted:

He could pick up some of the guys Bengals would be dropping, quite a few would be at least serviceable.

By the way, Vikings camp coverage is amazing. There are several reporters tweeting everything what's going on on the field. All we get for Bengals are a couple of vines a day.

When I read camp coverage and see names like Zimmer and Turner instead of Musgrave it's a completely different feeling.

Honestly the thing that get's me really excited is Turner working with Peterson on catching the ball. It's always been such an obvious thing, get Peterson into space, and the only objection was he sometimes drops the ball. Until now they just didn't work on that, because that's how terrible the offensive coordinators have been during his career.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 3, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bene Beniwikere is still an amazing name

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Especially when you know how to pronounce it. Benewickery.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

When I read camp coverage and see names like Zimmer and Turner instead of Musgrave it's a completely different feeling.

Honestly the thing that get's me really excited is Turner working with Peterson on catching the ball. It's always been such an obvious thing, get Peterson into space, and the only objection was he sometimes drops the ball. Until now they just didn't work on that, because that's how terrible the offensive coordinators have been during his career.

I suppose it ties into the thread title but I'm getting a very good feeling from what I've been reading and seeing from the Vikings training camp. Of course, once the season starts it's all tears and frustration.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Especially when you know how to pronounce it. Benewickery.

Also Jeremy over at Carolinahuddle has been raving about the rookies this year which is very odd and oh god I don't want to get hopeful.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Also Jeremy over at Carolinahuddle has been raving about the rookies this year which is very odd and oh god I don't want to get hopeful.

Barnwell doesn't think the Panthers will replicate their success. I didn't read the article, but my guess is because of turnovers and close games regressing to the mean because that is literally every article he writes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Barnwell doesn't think the Panthers will replicate their success. I didn't read the article, but my guess is because of turnovers and close games regressing to the mean because that is literally every article he writes.

There's that, but it's also the Panthers losing most of their offensive line and all their wide receivers. That's a tall task for anyone to fix.

they're in a position where they really need like Tavarres King and Kelvin Benjamin to turn into studs. Luckily Kelvin Benjamin is looking like the bomb dick out there.

Also if some starting quality offensive linemen could get cut soon for spurious reasons that'd be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

There's that, but it's also the Panthers losing most of their offensive line and all their wide receivers. That's a tall task for anyone to fix.

they're in a position where they really need like Tavarres King and Kelvin Benjamin to turn into studs. Luckily Kelvin Benjamin is looking like the bomb dick out there.

Also if some starting quality offensive linemen could get cut soon for spurious reasons that'd be great.

I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be a dick about it, but who is Benjamin looking good against? I thought your secondary was mainly 7th rounders who only looked good due to an absolutely ludicrous front 7.

• Locked thread