Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Netanyahu posted:

Everyone here seems to keep suggesting a Civic (this forum was not the only entity to do so though), any particular reason other than seemingly great gas consumption? If I were to advance further, what would be in between the civic and the cars I listed?

Those high mileage shitheaps will break long before a Civic will, that's why.

And yes we mobbed you for breaking the subforum rules, but your blue-and-white Charger and Netanyahu avatar were too good a joke to pass up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Dude if you want a sports car you could get a loving Maserati with the kind of money you're looking at spending. What's more baller? A salvage poorly repainted '06 Charger, or a Maserati???

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Maybe OP should look into getting the best of both worlds with a Red :siren:MODIFIED:siren: Baja

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Dude if you want a sports car you could get a loving Maserati with the kind of money you're looking at spending. What's more baller? A salvage poorly repainted '06 Charger, or a Maserati???

This man speaks the truth, though you should totally get that Maserati Biturbo in red

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Wow, the battery is called MEGA TRON.

Netanyahu posted:

the main point of contention in this thread was the presumably destroyed V8 and the presumed lazy replacement -- which turned out to be false. With that in mind is it a worthwhile deal?

What do you mean it turned out to be false.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Call me a Nazi, but I think the proper car for someone with a history of DUIs is no car at all. Get off the road before you kill an innocent civilian.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sagebrush posted:

Call me a Nazi, but I think the proper car for someone with a history of DUIs is no car at all. Get off the road before you kill an innocent civilian.

Well, you came to the right thread.

What's this about DUIs? Did I totally miss a post?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Sagebrush posted:

what about guilty civilians

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Rhyno posted:

Well, you came to the right thread.

What's this about DUIs? Did I totally miss a post?

Yes. Also drugs. But apparently he went back and edited all his previous posts so we can't go back and read it again.

Edit: It's all cool though, he was totes just askin' for friends.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Godholio posted:

Yes. Also drugs. But apparently he went back and edited all his previous posts so we can't go back and read it again.

Edit: It's all cool though, he was totes just askin' for friends.

Oh well the gently caress him. I hope he buys the Charger and drives it off a cliff.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Page 2, a lot of his deleted posts got quoted before deletion.

And why in the gently caress did your family buy a house that people shoot rockets at? Seriously, "Under rocket fire/potentially under rocket fire" should have been on the inspection report at least.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
If the UN weren't antisemetic, they'd have put the Jews somewhere nicer and safer after WWII.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

LloydDobler posted:

And why in the gently caress did your family buy a house that people shoot rockets at? Seriously, "Under rocket fire/potentially under rocket fire" should have been on the inspection report at least.

Is that something most home inspectors should look for? Mine just looked for bad wiring and leaky plumbing.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Netanyahu posted:

And yet I am not even melting down over this. My only worries would consist of the safety of my family as missiles continue to rain down in Israel, not some form of mob-effort on a car subforum for asking a question.

I applaud your return to the thread, OP, but seriously, :fuckoff: you can't possibly be that stupid.

That took me a second, then I recognized that somebody won the car game before it even got started.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

meatpimp posted:

That took me a second, then I recognized that somebody won the car game before it even got started.

Yeah, I think Space Gopher's post is pretty much peak car game.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
OP, are you really that loving stupid that you try to bury DUI admissions and driving under drugs, then come back in here in the forum most likely to loving rip you a new one? I've seen some truly stupid idiots but you are are right up there in outright dickhead. And you are a racist shithead to boot? You really are a oxygen thief

tl;dr - :fuckoff:

:drat: :vince:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
don't worry OP I only hate you because you considered a V6 Mustang

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Post the Palistiniest cars u got.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
At the very least, he can take the v8 charger to the strip. Drag, not Gaza...

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Netanyahu posted:

What performance car would you recommend around that price point ($10,000 max)? I am aware that they suck at gas but that's not a concern.

Everybody sidestepped around this. You want a Miata or a V8 Camaro or Firebird, if you actually want a "performance car" for cheap. That specific Charger is a shitpile that you shouldn't touch, and people are recommending Civics because you don't know enough about cars to tell a V8 from a V6.

Netanyahu
Nov 20, 2013

The blood of Palestinian children keeps my engine running smooth.
Thank you.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
For $10,000 you could buy:

- Mazda Miata
- Ford Mustang GT possibly a Cobra
- Subaru WRX
- Mitsubishi EVO

Or a bunch of other great cars.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
For 10k you could buy a BMW e36 M3 and probably have enough left over to throw a supercharger on it.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

ultimateforce posted:

For $10,000 you could buy:

- Mazda Miata
- Ford Mustang GT possibly a Cobra
- Subaru WRX
- Mitsubishi EVO

Or a bunch of other great cars.

Came to the thread to post exactly this.

Let's look closer at your choices:

2007 Ford Mustang Base
Pros
- You can buy it in convertible to take your grandkids out for ice cream on Sunday afternoons.
- Comes in sweet cucumber green from factory to match your purse.
- To the regular folks it looks like you drive a Mustang! (Might be a con though)
- Not salvaged
Cons
- v6 Secretary Special
- 4.0 liter engine putting out roughly 200 horses which feels like 160 at the wheels. Torque non existent.
- To the regular folks it looks like you drive a Mustang! (Meaning you're an rear end in a top hat)
- Can't even join the only club that will accept you since other Mustang owners want no part of that terrible car.
- Will get smoked by 2012+ Toyota Camrys.
- With 148k on the dash it's about 50k miles from self destructing. I know you won't keep up with proper maintenance to keep this from happening as you have a drug habit.

2006 Dodge Charger
Pros
- Only thing that separates a v6 and the Hemi is a R/T badge and a few Hemi badges. You can buy some on Ebay pretty cheap. Bonus points if you attach them lopsidedly. Easy 150+ HP gain.
- 4 doors so you can take even more grandkids out for ice cream on Sunday afternoons.
- Israeli paint job! (If you live in a Jewish neighborhood)
Cons
- 4200 lb. tank powered by a 2.8 mid-00's Dodge engine (or the 3.5 which is even more failure prone than the 2.8 shitheap).
- Slow.
- No resale value as it's a salvage v6.
- Terribly donked out.
- One of the worst car interiors of all time.
- Israeli paint job! (If you live in an Arabic neighborhood)

Either of those cars is a fine choice if don't mind driving a pseudo muscle car that will get smoked by 90% of new Hondas, Toyotas and Hyundais.

For the similar money ($10k-$12k) you can buy the following if you're not too hasty:
- 06-10 Mustang GT with under 100k miles.
- 06-10 Charger R/T with under 100k miles.
- 99-04 SVT Cobra
- Subaru WRX
- Mitsubishi EVO
- Mazda RX-8
- Infiniti G35 (G37 if you look hard enough)
- BMW e36 M3
- BMW 335i
- BMW 545i or 550i
- Mercedes Benz CLK 500

C'mon brah.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Toymachine posted:

2007 Ford Mustang Base
Pros
- You can buy it in convertible to take your grandkids out for ice cream on Sunday afternoons.
- To the regular folks it looks like you drive a Mustang! (Might be a con though)
- Not salvaged
Cons
- v6 Secretary Special
- 4.0 liter engine putting out roughly 200 horses which feels like 160 at the wheels. Torque non existent.
- To the regular folks it looks like you drive a Mustang! (Meaning you're an rear end in a top hat)
- Can't even join the only club that will accept you since other Mustang owners want no part of that terrible car.
- With 148k on the dash it's about 50k miles from self destructing. I know you won't keep up with proper maintenance to keep this from happening as you have a drug habit.

2006 Dodge Charger
Pros
- Only thing that separates a v6 and the Hemi is a R/T badge and a few Hemi badges. You can buy some on Ebay pretty cheap. Bonus points if you attach them lopsidedly. Easy 150+ HP gain.
- 4 doors so you can take even more grandkids out for ice cream on Sunday afternoons.
Cons
- 4200 lb. tank powered by a 2.8 mid-00's Dodge engine (or the 3.5 which is even more failure prone than the 2.8 shitheap).
- Slow.
- Terribly donked out.

Either of those cars is a fine choice if don't mind driving a pseudo muscle car that will get smoked by 90% of new Hondas, Toyotas and Hyundais.

For the similar money ($10k-$12k) you can buy the following if you're not too hasty:
- 99-04 SVT Cobra
- Subaru WRX
- Mitsubishi EVO
- Mazda RX-8
- BMW e36 M3
- BMW 335i
- BMW 545i or 550i
- Mercedes Benz CLK 500

C'mon brah.
Netanyahu this is probably the best post you will see in this thread.

Question: Are you buying cash or do you have to go somewhere you can get financing?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Why are you recommending actual good cars to someone who wants a salvage title Charger. He needs to ruin a Kia or something. :(

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Question: Are you buying cash or do you have to go somewhere you can get financing?

They'll likely have dealer financing.

Netanyahu
Nov 20, 2013

Toymachine posted:

2007 Ford Mustang Base
Pros
- Not salvaged
Cons
- v6 Secretary Special

2006 Dodge Charger
Pros
Cons
- Slow.
- Terribly donked out.

- 99-04 SVT Cobra
- Subaru WRX
- Mitsubishi EVO
- Mazda RX-8
- BMW e36 M3
- BMW 335i
- BMW 545i or 550i
- Mercedes Benz CLK 500

C'mon brah.

Even though there were some remarks that were uncalled for, I wanted to thank you very much for making a very detailed post without any borderline antisemitic jabs inside. This was exactly what I needed, I will get back as I finalize within the next few days. Also the Charger engine turned out to be a V8 (not that it probably matters) but thanks for revealing the lesser-known maintenance aspects for me. You are right in your assessment that it would be unfavorable to myself, but I would have the motivation if the car was great.

Netanyahu fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 5, 2014

Netanyahu
Nov 20, 2013

Netanyahu this is probably the best post you will see in this thread.

Cash. I am very fortunate to have the price subsidized from various sources so I wasn't too concerned about the cost provided it doesn't exceed $10,000. But I am not trying to purchase from a dealer.

Netanyahu fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 5, 2014

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Netanyahu posted:

Even though there were some remarks that were uncalled for
This is what we call "drinking a gallon of turpentine and pissing on a bush fire".

MrChips posted:

what about guilty civilians
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S75Rfva9O8

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
I love how everyone just started assuming the Charger was a V6 somehow because the Mustang was and then that led to somehow the V8 was swapped to a V6 when the OP never stated that. Reading comprehension is key kids.

The best advice here is that Charger was a $35K ish Car when new. It was Salvaged a only a few months later. So the insurance company decided it would have cost more than ~2/3rds of the value of a nearly brand new car. So you have here a car that needed over 20K in damage repair at one point. This wasn't a simple fender bender. It was then purchased by someone who figured they could cut a shitload of corners (or had a stolen charger to pull a vin swap on) to make this a drivable car again for cheap...and hey, lets throw a cool custom paint job on it.

RUN THE gently caress AWAY FROM THIS CAR. You can find non hosed with V8 Chargers for not much more money than that.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mighty Horse posted:

I love how everyone just started assuming the Charger was a V6 somehow because the Mustang was and then that led to somehow the V8 was swapped to a V6 when the OP never stated that. Reading comprehension is key kids.

Netanyahu posted:

I'd like to compare these two cars. Both 6 cylinders.

Reading comprehension is, as you say, key.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Netanyahu posted:

Even though there were some remarks that were uncalled for, I wanted to thank you very much for making a very detailed post without any borderline antisemitic jabs inside.

See, that's the kind of thought process that bugs the piss out of me. You are the one that brought the whole Israel/Palestine thing into the conversation (by the shear nature of your username). You are the one that declared your side, so then anything said against your side you immediately classify anti-semitic... when in reality, both sides are assholes and none of it has anything to do with AI or the pieces of poo poo you're looking at buying.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Netanyahu posted:

Even though there were some remarks that were uncalled for, I wanted to thank you very much for making a very detailed post without any borderline antisemitic jabs inside. This was exactly what I needed, I will get back as I finalize within the next few days. Also the Charger engine turned out to be a V8 (not that it probably matters) but thanks for revealing the lesser-known maintenance aspects for me. You are right in your assessment that it would be unfavorable to myself, but I would have the motivation if the car was great.

No problem man. I actually feel your pain as I was shopping for a stock 06-10 Charger/05-10 Mustang earlier this year for straight cash to use as a daily (albeit I decided I'd go v8 or nothing from the start). Took me about 8 visits to see different cars before I finally found one with good mileage and in good shape.

Shopping for a car is a pain in the rear end, especially if you're young and doing it by yourself for the first time. The golden rule is to never get too invested in a vehicle before you buy it. It clouds your judgement and messes up price negotiations. You need to be ready to walk away from the car at any minute. It could be the difference between buying a car that lasts you two years or a car that lasts you a decade.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

meatpimp posted:

See, that's the kind of thought process that bugs the piss out of me. You are the one that brought the whole Israel/Palestine thing into the conversation (by the shear nature of your username). You are the one that declared your side, so then anything said against your side you immediately classify anti-semitic... when in reality, both sides are assholes and none of it has anything to do with AI or the pieces of poo poo you're looking at buying.
Pigeon chess.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Buy an M3 and paint a Netanyahu rear end surprise sexing Hitler mural on it. I think this will redeem you in the eyes of man and God.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

Pigeon chess.

Sent me to Urban Dictionary, but I agree.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

Netanyahu posted:

Cash. I am very fortunate to have the price subsidized from various sources so I wasn't too concerned about the cost provided it doesn't exceed $10,000. But I am not trying to purchase from a dealer.

BUT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM I NEED A MODIFIED CHARGER OR THE OTHER KIDS WONT THINK IM KEWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Mighty Horse posted:

its literally the first line of the original post that proclaims "they're both v6," most of us probably stopped reading after that... lol

Lamar Smith R-TX fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

BUT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM I NEED A MODIFIED CHARGER OR THE OTHER KIDS WONT THINK IM KEWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Actually, with his requirements of "performance vehicle", $10k exactly, and doesn't care about fuel economy at all, he's a perfect fit for the best Mazda RX8 he can find.

• Locked thread