Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chilichimp posted:

It could be a high ankle sprain, in which case... good luck getting DeSean back to form by week 9.

Nah, he could easily be back by week 4 or 5 with a high ankle sprain if he wasn't dumb like your boy Roddy White who tried for 3 or 4 weeks to play through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Mike Sherman the head coach of a receiver turned quarterback refused to change his system so it'd allow more roll outs and option reads.

The arrogance of some people is numbing

Miami's two biggest upgrades this year were firing Sherman and the lb coach into the sun. And possibly Clabo -> Not Clabo

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

tarbrush posted:

Miami's two biggest upgrades this year were firing Sherman and the lb coach into the sun. And possibly Clabo -> Not Clabo

Texans fans were absolutely excited about Clabo signing, and now he can't beat out the currently terrible Derek Newton. I'm usually not a pessimistic rear end about Texans FA signings (I was so happy they got Reed) but I was pretty convinced he would be bad for the team.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

waah posted:

Nah, he could easily be back by week 4 or 5 with a high ankle sprain if he wasn't dumb like your boy Roddy White who tried for 3 or 4 weeks to play through it.

It's not a high ankle sprain, he got cleated.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

Congrats on your new Andy Dalton.

You mean the guy who's had either the fastest or second fastest average release in the NFL for a couple years now?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The release isn't the problem.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Tyler Palko has a real good, fast, compact release

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

The release isn't the problem.

Dalton averaged something crazy like 2.3 seconds from snap to throw. Holding onto the ball too long is very rarely his problem.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Mike Sherman the head coach of a receiver turned quarterback refused to change his system so it'd allow more roll outs and option reads.

The arrogance of some people is numbing

Mike Sherman by all reports is a nice, thoughtful guy. He is just blitheringly incompetent. There's no other way to describe him after his latest stint in Miami.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

Chiefs are pretty thin at most positions except linebackers and running backs. A receiving group of Bowe, Avery, Hemingway and Jenkins is trash, starting corners are Marcus Cooper and Ron Parker, too much poo poo missing. A meltdown will happen

Ideally we fall to the range to get a top QB in the draft.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Some one is going to be disappointed when Alex Smith drags you to 8-8 and a playoff berth in a weak AFC.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DupaDupa posted:

Some one is going to be disappointed when Alex Smith drags you to 8-8 and a playoff berth in a weak AFC.

And a lot 6 year 140 million dollar extension with 90 million guaranteed.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Bucs put out a depth chart that's clearly bullshit and Lovie said so

Well alright then

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kind of refreshing when they admit what everyone knows isn't it?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

I'm not a hyper-fit professional athlete, but when I got a high ankle sprain, I didn't walk "right" for almost a year.

My point isn't to say I don't get out of this chair enough to recoup a relatively common/semi serious ligament injury, but to say that a high-ankle sprain can vary in severity and haunts you for a long loving time.

Roddy can suck a dick, he needed to not be playing.

That being said, John Abraham hosed up his ankle in a similar way in week 17 of 2012, and was playing in play-off games a couple of weeks later. He clearly sucked and probably shouldn't have been played, but you know... super-bowl in reach (see RGIII). Athletes do dumb things in the name of bringing success to their team/selves.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Atticus Finch posted:

Congrats on your new Andy Dalton.

I hear these types get paid lots of money.

Kalli posted:

Since we've had a lot of Dolphins chat, here's Barnwell and Chris Brown's take: http://grantland.com/features/the-question-of-ryan-tannehill/

If nothing else click it for this video of Tyson Clabo: https://twitter.com/Mendel_Cover32/status/494108070998732800

You'd think Clabo would be a great stop gap, he was a turnstile hellbent on getting RT killed, then he shapes up and plays pretty good, then just whatever.. 2013 was such a dissappointing year moreso than the 10 other crap losing seasons because with 2 weeks left I believed

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Dvlos posted:

2013 was such a dissappointing year moreso than the 10 other crap losing seasons because with 2 weeks left I believed

:smith::hf::smith:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

superaielman posted:

Mike Sherman by all reports is a nice, thoughtful guy. He is just blitheringly incompetent. There's no other way to describe him after his latest stint in Miami.

And philbin had to be forced to let him go so yeah I'm not confident about his brain either

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Hopefully we still get to see some Teddy Vs Carr action

quote:

NFL: AroundTheLeague @NFL_ATL · 9m
#Vikings Teddy Bridgewater to get first-team reps vs. Raiders

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
The biggest news out of Lions camp is the kicker that was drafted in the 7th round, Nate Freese, has looked awful and is currently losing out to Giorgio Tavecchio. Fun fact about Tavecchio: he doesn't even have an English-language Wikipedia page.

On the bright side though, Freese has made his last 5 FGs at practice!

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.
Mike McCarthy called him Sergio during a press conference last year.

DriveC fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 6, 2014

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat

Dattserberg posted:

The biggest news out of Lions camp is the kicker that was drafted in the 7th round, Nate Freese, has looked awful and is currently losing out to Giorgio Tavecchio. Fun fact about Tavecchio: he doesn't even have an English-language Wikipedia page.

On the bright side though, Freese has made his last 5 FGs at practice!

I'll take boring kicker-battle news over torn ligament/broken bone news any day.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swampface posted:

I'll take boring kicker-battle news over torn ligament/broken bone news any day.

Speaking of ...

Packers Tackle Don Barclay confirmed with a torn ACL.

Next up in the depth chart is Derek Sherrod, who has spent the last two years recovering from a broken leg.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 6, 2014

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

swampface posted:

Without a doubt. I'll take a lovely kicker batter all day in August

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

superaielman posted:

When Sherman was the Packer coach, there were annual newspaper articles about him working 12+ hour days trying to prepare for upcoming games and do draft evaluations and all that stuff. I know NFL coaches work their asses off, but Sherman was putting in exceptional time compared to other head coaches. At the time it was played off as exemplary work ethic, but now I'm wondering if it was just because he needed to do that much work just to try to keep up with the rest of the league.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Some guy on ESPN just said that "Zach Mettenberger's knee is really good" which is a great thing to say out of context

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Colts rookie hazing this year with haircuts:

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Vikings released UDFA tight end A.C. Leonard. He had been impressing in the OTAs, but was taken aside early in the training camp with "headaches". Coaches confirmed that it wasn't a concussion, but said he needed to take more tests, right until he was cut. Very strange. Maybe he showed up hung over to something.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

Hopefully we still get to see some Teddy Vs Carr action

Curious what that means for Cassels reps and when Ponder will come in. Would love to see 2 quarters of Teddy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pigdog posted:

Vikings released UDFA tight end A.C. Leonard. He had been impressing in the OTAs, but was taken aside early in the training camp with "headaches". Coaches confirmed that it wasn't a concussion, but said he needed to take more tests, right until he was cut. Very strange. Maybe he showed up hung over to something.

Dude had his issues at Florida. Lots of wasted potential.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

zimbomonkey posted:

There's a very real chance the Raiders could snag the sixth wild card spot if a couple things go right.

I chose to interpret this post as coming from a parallel universe in which the playoffs have been expanded to ten teams per league and that you expect the 6-10 Raiders to beat out a few other underwhelming teams on tie-breakers for that final AFC spot.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

Pull for this without shame and go with God, friend.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

WR1
1. Cecil Shorts
2. Allen Robinson
3. Tandon Doss
4. Chad Bumphis
5. Allen Hurns
WR2
1. Marqise Lee
2. Mike Brown
3. Ace Sanders
4. Lamaar Thomas
5. Kerry Taylor
WR3
1. Allen Robinson

They of course have Marquise Lee, but Mike Brown is barely a WR4 and the rest of the dudes are practice squad material. Dear lord

Update

WR1
1. Cecil Shorts
2. Allen Robinson
3. Tandon Doss
4. Chad Bumphis
5. Allen Hurns:siren:
WR2
1. Marqise Lee
2. Mike Brown:siren:
3. Ace Sanders
4. Lamaar Thomas
5. Kerry Taylor
WR3
1. Allen Robinson

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 7, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Chad Bumphis is going to go off

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

My bets are on Stephen Morris

quote:

Being so thin at the position, linebacker Josh Hull and fourth-string quarterback Stephen Morris lined up at receiver in practice this week -- and caught passes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

My bets are on Stephen Morris

You should have held on to Pryor.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chichevache posted:

You should have held on to Pryor.

He's talking about the Jags.

Isn't Denard Robinson still there? Why is he not on that depth chart?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

Listed as an RB/QB I assume

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Oh god dammit I can't believe I did that.

:ohdear: I really hope they let Bortles sit all year. Even if his line is decent he's going to be taking coverage sacks all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At this point I'd put money on the Jags claiming whichever receiver the Bengals try to get to practice squad.

• Locked thread