Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

the marginal increase in your comfort is not worth the significant decrease in comfort for the person behind you. you are selfish, entitled and inconsiderate - basically, a bad person. it is really not that hard to sit upright like a normal person for a few hours

get off my plane
*breaks ur neck and pushes u out of cargo door at 40,000ft*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

LifeSizePotato posted:

the marginal increase in your comfort is not worth the significant decrease in comfort for the person behind you. you are selfish, entitled and inconsiderate - basically, a bad person. is it really that hard to sit upright like a normal person for a few hours?

get off my plane

ill do what i want.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
If you kick the back of my seat more than once I will kill you. I am an air marshal, you are threatening air security.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

gently caress you OP, I'm going to fart/cough whenever I feel like for the duration of the flight and rub my greasy face on the nice cold window.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Wooten posted:

gently caress you OP, I'm going to fart/cough whenever I feel like for the duration of the flight and rub my greasy face on the nice cold window.

i hope your next flight has an ebola on it

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
im fat, im going to take your arm-rest and there isnt poo poo you will do about it. Also im going to eat and drop food on you. Get used to this.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I was on a 14 hour flight last week and I'd like to talk about it

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

it's obvious you dont fly, because the seat leaning doesnt move the tray, and the place where your knees would be if you're tall doesn't move either.

the only way it encroaches on you is if youre fat as poo poo, and in that case you're already encroaching on the universe

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Hey, can you take your earplugs out for a second while I talk about my family & their medical conditions & life struggles for the next four hours?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i purposely put my seat back if someone really tall is sitting behind me then i giggle when they passive aggressively cough and shift around

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
sorry you are so fat that someone shifting their seat in a minor way displaces your disgusting folds

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
i support the right of the person in front of me to adjust their seat so they can sleep more easily because i am a considerate person

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

LifeSizePotato posted:

the marginal increase in your comfort is not worth the significant decrease in comfort for the person behind you. you are selfish, entitled and inconsiderate - basically, a bad person. it is really not that hard to sit upright like a normal person for a few hours

get off my plane

Actually it's not really a big deal when a seat leans back against you, unless perhaps you weigh 500 pounds

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

FogHelmut posted:

it's obvious you dont fly, because the seat leaning doesnt move the tray, and the place where your knees would be if you're tall doesn't move either.

the only way it encroaches on you is if youre fat as poo poo, and in that case you're already encroaching on the universe

It's obvious you aren't tall or you are a giant idiot.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
As long as there is not a smelly person sitting by me I'm fine. Like even constantly crying baby beats smelly guy sitting next to you

Christ guy this isn't a greyhound bus you rank bastard

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i gather my family's cell phones together, turn them all on, and stream podcasts or youtubes silently on each one in my pocket during take off and landing. i pray for death but i fear the FAA/FCC are full of poo poo.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Airplanes. ....... are super unsafe. I learned this on cnn.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

lol at all the 5'6 shrimpwads acting like it's nbd

i'm 6'3, not fat, and the seat back most certainly does encroach significantly into my space all so mr. middle aged fygm guy can be slightly more comfortable for 3 hours

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 642 days!
It's best just to go into any flight with the mental attitude that it will be loving terrible in every way you can imagine and probably some new ways you don't even know of yet.

That way you get to be pleasantly surprised when it's only mostly horrible, or comforted by your grim foreknowledge when it likely is all horrible.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

LifeSizePotato posted:

i'm 6'3, not fat, and the seat back most certainly does encroach significantly into my space

and if some loser actually says something to me i smugly tell them to put their seat back as it's not my problem

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

LifeSizePotato posted:

get off my plane

So we blame our fellow passengers instead of airline companies and manufacturers. Gotcha.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
maybe if youre tall you should spend the extra money for the extra legroom rather than demanding others not use basic chair functions

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress you i am 6'4" i need to that extra room

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Noting is worse then fat people on a plane though, they can die.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

anonumos posted:

So we blame our fellow passengers instead of airline companies and manufacturers. Gotcha.

i'd be 100% okay if airline seats couldn't recline, at least for domestic flights

you know we're a nation of lazy fatties if sitting mostly upright is just too darn taxing on our backs

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Pro tip: those little booze bottles are under 3 oz

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 642 days!

anonumos posted:

gently caress people's comfort no way in hell I'm not cramming as much human-meat into this air-tube as possible, let the plebs fight over it as they please.

lol it's the same thing with tipping.

gently caress paying employees a living wage, make them squabble with my customers over a few bucks instead.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

maybe try being more flexible or, you know, pick yuor own seat where you're gonna have more room like a door seat.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Snatch Duster posted:

Noting is worse then fat people on a plane though, they can die.

whats worse is you

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
this op made me gay

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Lmao if you don't lean your seat back and upset goons who won't politely ask to adjust it but will whine on gibbis about his first world problems

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I used to fly a lot & I would never move my seat back but instead I would put earplugs in, close my eyes & pretend none of it was happening. Denial is a perfectly acceptable way to treat an air travel experience. Except for the taking off & landing part because it's fun to look out the window.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Dely Apple posted:

Lmao if you don't lean your seat back and upset goons who won't politely ask to adjust it but will whine on gibbis about his first world problems

i figure the types who lean their seats back are probably gibbis goons already, judging from their lack of awareness, consideration and social manners. this way, maybe they'll see the errors of their ways.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LifeSizePotato posted:

i'm 6'3, not fat, and the seat back most certainly does encroach significantly into my space all so mr. middle aged fygm guy can be slightly more comfortable for 3 hours

When someone does this to me I make no effort to not throttle the hell out of the seat every time I use my tray or get up to go to the aisle or adjust my legs

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

hearing the engine spin up and it just keeps getting higher and higher in pitch and then the first 3 seconds of liftoff are pretty ok but the rest of it is completely poo poo

especially the part where everyone claps when the plane lands after a completely uneventful flight

did you think it was going to crash and we were doomed were it not for the skillfull courageous captain?

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

i ask people to put theirs back up bc im tall. one time a guy actually faked putting his up. was laughable

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

WhyteRyce posted:

When someone does this to me I make no effort to not throttle the hell out of the seat every time I use my tray or get up to go to the aisle or adjust my legs

haha now we see the true colors

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

hearing the engine spin up and it just keeps getting higher and higher in pitch and then the first 3 seconds of liftoff are pretty ok but the rest of it is completely poo poo

especially the part where everyone claps when the plane lands after a completely uneventful flight

did you think it was going to crash and we were doomed were it not for the skillfull courageous captain?

i only ever saw the clapping thing in europe

but agreed, the takeoff is pretty fun just because of the smooth and linear acceleration. you don't get that anywhere else really because of transmissions and gearing.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Irradiation posted:

It's obvious you aren't tall or you are a giant idiot.

nope you're just a retard (giant or otherwise)

my knees touch the seat in front of me, people recline, the part of the seat my knees touch doesnt move at all.

get hosed

namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Clapping is a socially acceptable way people deal with overwhelming emotions. I think when people do that it's more from the relief that they feel upon landing. A lot of people are scared of flying even though it's statistically safer than most modes of travel.

• Locked thread