Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~
Skyward Bored. This game loving sucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

frumpy zelda is really sexy though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

never played it nor really have a reason to tbh

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
That guy looks like a giant nutsack.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I've always wanted to play it but can never get used to the controls.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I think it's a pretty good Zelda game with a nice style and charming characterization.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Careful, don't want to upset the people from the ray parlor again by flaunting around your stolen balls.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I appreciate it

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

its cool. i liked the area with the time travel mechanics.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
cargo cult visual style

essentially by-the-numbers zelda game despite purported novelty of the setting

stultifyingly easy, even on the second quest if we're being honest with ourselves

poo poo controls

but all these problems pale into insignificance in comparison to the crawling horror of the unskippable dialog and the computer fairy thing and the alarms going off constantly. do you remember that you can have 4 alarms going off at once? the repair shield alarm, the stamina gauge alarm, the low health alarm, and the alarm going off to tell you that the low health alarm is going off

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

never mind the nutsack man, i mistook the poo poo on link's back as a banjo

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

good game is actually BADQ!

HOLY poo poo!

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhBUTjcP9a8

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

No Such Thing posted:

HOLY poo poo!

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Abandon posted:

but all these problems pale into insignificance in comparison to the crawling horror of the unskippable dialog and the computer fairy thing and the alarms going off constantly. do you remember that you can have 4 alarms going off at once? the repair shield alarm, the stamina gauge alarm, the low health alarm, and the alarm going off to tell you that the low health alarm is going off

It is entirely understandable that Nintendo would assume that their playerbase consists mainly of clueless old people and idiot children. That doesn't make the game design any better.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

No Such Thing posted:

HOLY poo poo!
this and other hot takes on video games, only here, in the imp zone

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the only good section of this game is the lanryu desert, and the overhead world with the islandsi s really boring and barren. i really liked the upgrade system. i really really liked the sprint system. i liked the motion controls. i liked some of the QoL stuff like putting bomb plantsi nto the bomb bag.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
It was good, actually.

Abandon posted:

but all these problems pale into insignificance in comparison to the crawling horror of the unskippable dialog

lmao

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Psycobladder posted:

That guy looks like a giant nutsack.

he is oblviously a pear you stupid queer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Skywards sword phoned it in on the overworld and required wrist motions that are very painful after a while and had too much text and reused boss fights too much and didn't always interpret your input correctly but fighting future pigs was cool for an afternoon.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Real hurthling! posted:

Skywards sword phoned it in on the overworld and required wrist motions that are very painful after a while and had too much text and reused boss fights too much and didn't always interpret your input correctly but fighting future pigs was cool for an afternoon.

can you not use the Wiio U Preo Controller

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
fi

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

horrible combat, horrible world, horrible hand holding, only one good dungeon, i think we can throw this one in with wand of gamelon and oracle of ages.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Hoodrich posted:

No it's wii-mote only.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hoodrich posted:

you have to use the little plug in thing with the condom grip i think.

There's a bunch of super smug videos of people pulling off every move on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0 but in my experience it isn't a perfect system by any means.

lol at the prick in this video though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

horrible combat, horrible world, horrible hand holding, only one good dungeon, i think we can throw this one in with wand of gamelon and oracle of ages.
them's fightin words, pal

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

you have to use the little plug in thing with the condom grip i think.

There's a bunch of super smug videos of people pulling off every move on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEge_2Vuft0 but in my experience it isn't a perfect system by any means.

lol at the prick in this video though.

even if the controls worked the combat would still be boring as poo poo because every enemy is the same

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

even if the controls worked the combat would still be boring as poo poo because every enemy is the same

this dude and borsche are the only sane ones itt.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
oh no I'm gonna block this way || now I'm gonna block this way = can you handle when I block like this // ?

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

oh no I'm gonna block this way || now I'm gonna block this way = can you handle when I block like this // ?

lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

how on earth are you hurting yourself. I played through the game twice and never had the painful wrist or whatever the gently caress you're doing. You aren't even the first person to say this about the stuff like flying. Flying is poorly implemented but I just have no idea how you're experiencing pain.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Liquid Penguins posted:

I don't really mind it cause its not like enemies were ever way better than that, outside of the darknuts in windwaker and TP which were really win to fight.

I have no real complaints about the sword fighting other than it's more of a puzzle than actual sword fighting, and even in the stuff against the one guy and the final boss its not really as interesting as the darknuts in previous games. Oh and sometimes they'd just teleport their block from one side to the other for no reason which was kinda bullshit, especially when they start punishing you for getting blocked with those electro swords.

Lastly you can't wave the sword and run at the sametime which is gay.

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Borsche69 posted:

i really really liked the sprint system.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Controsl really only failed like idk, 2-5% of the time? Which is really small and amazing that they got it that accurate, though when you're playing a game like zelda it seems a lot worse than it is. That said I don't really have a lot of memories of the controls ever really failing in combat. The enemies blocking left and then immediately blocking right even when you think you have htem faked out is way more of a problem.

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
bokoblin heads were too big, made them sympathetic

1.5/5

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Borsche69 posted:

how on earth are you hurting yourself. I played through the game twice and never had the painful wrist or whatever the gently caress you're doing. You aren't even the first person to say this about the stuff like flying. Flying is poorly implemented but I just have no idea how you're experiencing pain.

I can't bend my wrist to make the wii mote parallel with my arm and hold that continuously while turning it back and forth without straining. Its like making a screw-driver posture to paint fine detail.

you have to do this while flying and bomb bowling iirc. Nothing major, just made me not want to play very long or very often.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

I can't bend my wrist to make the wii mote parallel with my arm and hold that continuously while turning it back and forth without straining. Its like making a screw-driver posture to paint fine detail.

you have to do this while flying and bomb bowling iirc. Nothing major, just made me not want to play very long or very often.

for flying: are you gripping it like a frying pan and then tilting it down. why don't you hold it like a pen.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

bomb bowling makes even less sense because that just takes a generic motion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Borsche69 posted:

for flying: are you gripping it like a frying pan and then tilting it down. why don't you hold it like a pen.

Frying pan cause with the flapping during flight i wanted to hold on with my whole hand. pen didn't occur to me.

• Locked thread