Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I want to see TKZ vs Oliveira but that can wait until TKZ beats this fool and Oliveira styles all over Lentz again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I hope TKZ calls out Conor after he beats Corassani's rear end.

Bell the Cat
Apr 5, 2004

Dirty pool old man. I like it.

Lloyd Boner posted:

I hope TKZ calls out Conor after he beats Corassani's rear end.

I want this too.

But I don't think Dana would fathom putting him in a fight he could conceivably lose before he gets his title shot.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dangersim posted:

Counterpoint: Ronda Rousey

That is more a factor of Ronda building a throne of arms and livers and less about a healthy division. Sure Ronda owns but I think people are going to see a lot more competitive fights from 115.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bell the Cat posted:

I want this too.

But I don't think Dana would fathom putting him in a fight he could conceivably lose before he gets his title shot.

Poirier is not an easy fight for conor.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

Counterpoint: Ronda Rousey

It will be interesting to see where the first strawweight women's champion ends up as a draw. Even if she pulls in just a few more buys than Demetrious Johnson that's a huge deal seeing as how Mighty Mouse has been on free TV for loving EVER and still only did ~100k buys on his first solo PPV card.

Marching Powder posted:

Nah he's not but he is the easiest fight for Conor in the current top featherweight rankings.

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 7, 2014

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fighter hangs out with pieces of poo poo, shocking.

Bell the Cat
Apr 5, 2004

Dirty pool old man. I like it.

Marching Powder posted:

No doubt, but given the others in the top 5, Poirier is the best match-up Conor could have hoped for. Stylistically, at any rate.

Beaten like a step child.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Bubba Smith posted:

It will be interesting to see where the first strawweight women's champion ends up as a draw.

She will not.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTlu2yO82E&t=265s

:lol:

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ogantai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka-DKXIaL0M

"I plan to win by a knee stomp of some kind." :stare:

Seriously, watch this whole thing, it's worth it for Cormier's impression of Jones alone.

Edit:

"It's going to be intimate... and passionate. I'm going to make him my wife. You're gonna be Missus Jones for the night. I'm gonna rub on that big ol' belly... and you're gonna like it." :psyduck:

Jones fans please watch this video and then post ITT that you are a Jon Jones fan so we can hate you.

He's like loving Cell, only he adopts the worst parts of each fighter's personality that he beats. He's like the worst of rampage and rashad and chael combined.

mcgregor, dustin and daniel are rad

edit: If you can't stand mcgregor's gimmick, how can you tolerate Jones'? At least he knows how to loving talk

tesilential fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 7, 2014

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Hawaii has some sick BJ Penn jokes

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bell the Cat posted:

I want this too.

Counterpoint - Hardy was supposed to lose to Swick, Marcus Davis got stuck against all sorts of people he had zero chance against, also Gomi got matched up with all sorts of fighters who were actually good. Zuffa will push regionally popular dudes to the top of the card, but they don't seem very interested at all in protecting them from losses.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

She will not.

What makes you so sure?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Because ufc wmma fights outside ronda are uniformly bad

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I don't really know but I'm pretty sure 115 is a much better division talent wise and fight quality wise. Like women's 115 is to women's 135 what men's 170 is to men's 205/265.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dangersim posted:

do you have Fight Pass? Peep some of the earlier Invicta cards. there's a lot of good fights that take place between fighters not named Ronda Rousey

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

So it looks like Josh Grispi is trying to be the next Matt Hughes

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

-Atom- posted:

do you have Fight Pass? Peep some of the earlier Invicta cards. there's a lot of good fights that take place between fighters not named Ronda Rousey

Tate-Zingano was pretty loving great. The dude's woodcut animation of the finish, also. Awesome.

http://gfycat.com/KindheartedAdeptAustrianpinscher

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Dana White posted:

‏@danawhite 14m
Hey @SInow do some homework. Josh has not been in the UFC for over 18 months. I expect that from goofy websites not you.

@SInow is Sports Illustrated, but who is Josh?

e: Oh nevermind, it is Josh Grispi

"UFC fighter Josh Grispi reportedly assaulted his wife for a second time in the past week."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Fozzy The Bear posted:

@SInow is Sports Illustrated, but who is Josh?

don't read threads and what not

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

-Atom- posted:

don't read threads and what not

There are like 6 Josh's that are in the UFC

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Bones is on Kimmel and says he doesn't get a new belt for every win

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

canoshiz posted:

Hawaii has some sick BJ Penn jokes

No almonds? :colbert:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

origami posted:

Bones is on Kimmel and says he doesn't get a new belt for every win

there was Dana Blog around one of Aldo's title defenses where Ed Soares is saying that Anderson wants a belt with the date on it for every successful title defense

why would a champion get a new belt after each win? that's silly.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

-Atom- posted:

I do have fight pass but wasn't aware that old Invicta cards were on there already. I specifically said UFC wmma because I have heard Invicta was good. Anything in specific I should watch?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb, Destroyer of Seeb.

Dangersim posted:

I do have fight pass but wasn't aware that old Invicta cards were on there already. I specifically said UFC wmma because I have heard Invicta was good. Anything in specific I should watch?

Thug Rose landing the submission of a lifetime on repeat.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Leslie Smith has had some really good fights as the honorary Diaz sister, except she's lovely. Tecia Torres vs. Thugrose was rad. Michelle Waterson vs. Jessica Penne had one of the best grapplefights ever. Lauren Murphy has had a few cool fights where she gets beaten on by a larger, fitter, stronger opponent before figuring out how to win later on. She's like a lady version of Big Nog, plus she's a reformed heroin addict.

palmkernel
Dec 11, 2013

tesilential posted:

Jones fans please watch this video and then post ITT that you are a Jon Jones fan so we can hate you.

He's like loving Cell, only he adopts the worst parts of each fighter's personality that he beats. He's like the worst of rampage and rashad and chael combined.

mcgregor, dustin and daniel are rad

edit: If you can't stand mcgregor's gimmick, how can you tolerate Jones'? At least he knows how to loving talk

I started off not liking Jones because he was beating some of my favorite fighters like Shogun and Machida but I've learned to tolerate him by focusing on what he does in the cage. I think it's funny sometimes the amount of hate he gets online like the guy that wanted him arrested for the brawl earlier but I understand it cause he's a dweeb.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

palmkernel posted:

I started off not liking Jones because he was beating some of my favorite fighters like Shogun and Machida but I've learned to tolerate him by focusing on what he does in the cage. I think it's funny sometimes the amount of hate he gets online like the guy that wanted him arrested for the brawl earlier but I understand it cause he's a dweeb.

you are literally the first person i've heard of that has managed to separate the appreciation of violence and good fighting from being an insufferable pile of poo poo. i am stepping out of plato's fag cave as we speak

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

palmkernel posted:

I think it's funny sometimes the amount of hate he gets online like the guy that wanted him arrested for the brawl earlier but I understand it cause he's a dweeb.

-Atom- for all the hate he gets on here does the same thing with Jones but for the record that weirdo calling for his arrest is just a weirdo and not any sort of "hivemind" or w/e

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Dangersim posted:

Counterpoint: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hWzfnBfug...e+vs+Miller.gif (I'd just post it but it's 19 MB)

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
I wish there were more fighters like Jones because it's more fun to root against someone than for them in this sport.

It seems like more guys are starting to pick up on the concept of "character" fight promotion and I can't say that I hate it. It might get annoying if sub-Dagestani tier fighters start cutting calculated promos like Chael though.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

palmkernel posted:

nailed it.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
I finally read about JBJ / DC and jesus gently caress what the gently caress is Jon Jones the most awkward motherfucker in MMA? Or is he just really awkward and utterly oblivious about it? Did he really imply he was going to prison-rape DC? :psyduck:

I'm thinking now he really was trolling people on Instagram when his cell phone got "stolen" because he has no self-awareness.

archerb
Mar 3, 2005

Bean Fried posted:

I finally read about JBJ / DC and jesus gently caress what the gently caress is Jon Jones the most awkward motherfucker in MMA? Or is he just really awkward and utterly oblivious about it? Did he really imply he was going to prison-rape DC? :psyduck:

I'm thinking now he really was trolling people on Instagram when his cell phone got "stolen" because he has no self-awareness.

He's like a homeschooled kid who doesn't quite know how human interaction is supposed to work. Everything he says that isn't part of the humble martial arts role model charade is really stilted and strange.

He's also a complete rear end in a top hat, for example he called the tiny media dude that he shoved a bitch (paraphrased) live and on stage just the other day.

palmkernel
Dec 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

you are literally the first person i've heard of that has managed to separate the appreciation of violence and good fighting from being an insufferable pile of poo poo. i am stepping out of plato's fag cave as we speak

Seemed like tyson was and still is pretty popular and he's done a whole lot of things worse than Jones.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Bean Fried posted:

Counterpoint: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hWzfnBfug...e+vs+Miller.gif (I'd just post it but it's 19 MB)

A decent fighter beating up a gangly can with no place in pro sports is not 'a good fight'. It's just hard to watch.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
TKZ is going to be so pissed off when he finds out the guy called Akira isn't Japanese at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
TKO (Laser beams)

• Locked thread