Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

greetings broadcaster we're going to mute your video game stream for having video game music

also close justin.tv and erase all the videos and delete all the vods on twitch too for good measure

no we're totally being bought by google next week that's why we're deleting everything and cutting costs in the most obvious and panicked way possible where else you gonna stream

owned lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
owened lawl

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
didn't google already buy them or is that just a whole bunch of news sites saying "GOOGLE TOTALLY BOUGHT TWITCH.TV IT'S BEEN CONFIRMED BY EVERYONE BUT TWITCH AND GOOGLE"

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
but who will buy bitch.tv?

makes u think

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Migishu posted:

didn't google already buy them or is that just a whole bunch of news sites saying "GOOGLE TOTALLY BOUGHT TWITCH.TV IT'S BEEN CONFIRMED BY EVERYONE BUT TWITCH AND GOOGLE"

they bought them last week

also

https://twitter.com/xkeepah/status/497147167803310080

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

a good purchase by google now they can turn it all off

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well I really don't have the cash to setup a Twitch rival but hell, let's do it - now is the time!

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

http://www.hitbox.tv/

http://www.hotbox.tv/

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If twitch had been round 50 years ago, MLK could have streamed his speech and still be alive

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Valeyard posted:

If twitch had been round 50 years ago, MLK could have streamed his speech and still be alive

and marylin monroe wouldve had e-dates with kennedy

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

and marylin monroe wouldve had e-dates with kennedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71l-ajiuHA

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

yes thanks that was why i said that thing

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

you're welcome, glad i could help :tipshat:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

also you didnt embed to the best bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71l-ajiuHA&t=1781s

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

re the twitch thing though lol if you didnt think this was coming given how many people just stream them playing a game on mute while their mp3 collection plays in the background

ive even seen arguments that people think its ok because they print the artist/track info on the stream when theyre doing it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

holy poo poo, is that guy crying because she wouldn't pretend to go back to his place?

"what's wrong with being terrified of being in the friend zone?" :cripes:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

also in his stream hes positioned their cameras over two people eating in the pic to help with the realism i guess

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
twitch is an absolute piece of poo poo site

burn it to the ground

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i have never, and will never, watch that video because it looks like the most awkward thing alive

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

uncurable mlady posted:

i have never, and will never, watch that video because it looks like the most awkward thing alive

i only watched the last few minutes, but it is super-awkward. i alternated between feeling sorry for the guy and wanting to slap the poo poo out of him

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

the bit i linked is embedded to someone asking someone out over the internet and then crying because she says no

but dont watch the rest of the video

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

prefect posted:

i only watched the last few minutes, but it is super-awkward. i alternated between feeling sorry for the guy and wanting to slap the poo poo out of him

it should be the latter

also yeah get used to google ruining or abandoning+closing anything they so much as touch.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fabricated posted:

it should be the latter

i can't help but feel a little sympathetic -- i had some similar idiotic beliefs/behaviors/problems when i was a kid

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

prefect posted:

i can't help but feel a little sympathetic -- i had some similar idiotic beliefs/behaviors/problems when i was a kid

and then someone or something slapped the poo poo out of you and you learned not to do it

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

pandering to wallowing in self pity and doubt only breeds more self pity and doubt

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Fabricated posted:

also yeah get used to google ruining or abandoning+closing anything they so much as touch.

they always wanted to be the new yahoo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Howard Beale posted:

they always wanted to be the new yahoo

those fuckers bought astrid just to kill it :argh:

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

prefect posted:

everyone was a shithead when they were younger

some just never grow out of it

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

peanut gallery makes it the best.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
has anyone important actually been complaining to twitch that they were letting people hear video game bgms and that's illegal?

and does that mean sony put a feature in the PS4 that's essentially always illegal

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

has anyone important actually been complaining to twitch that they were letting people hear video game bgms and that's illegal?

no, but Valve's own dota2 videos were muted for containing dota2 background music so i imagine the opposite has now happened at least once

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
if you broadcast footage of your own video games on twitch.tv you are automatically assumed to be violating your own copyright

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
People are so lazy now they don't even play video games, they just watch other people do it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Citizen Tayne posted:

People are so lazy now they don't even play video games, they just watch other people do it.
i've sometimes enjoyed watching someone who isn't a complete idiot play a game i know i'd be terrible at/not enjoy playing
i haven't watched any of it for years though

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

nuke the loving earth from orbit, we are a disease in this damned existence

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

if i were a pretty girl tho i'd totally make bank off nerds streaming on twitch

i think having ~10 classrooms full of sweaty nerds jerkin it to you is worth the wild donations and sub moeny

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

video games are for children. watching video games, doubly so

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

i've sometimes enjoyed watching someone who isn't a complete idiot play a game i know i'd be terrible at/not enjoy playing
i haven't watched any of it for years though

The whole "watching videos of games" just rubs me the wrong way for some reason, back when I cared about LPs I wouldn't bother with the video ones. Screenshots only.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

pandering to wallowing in self pity and doubt only breeds more self pity and doubt

agreed, never talk about your personal problems, just fix them

which leads me to me next piece of advice: just be perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
alley oop

• Locked thread