Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Hello folks, camp is well underway and we are inching closer and closer to the kickoff of the college football season. Share cool possibly lesser known players on your favorite team or teams that make rad plays and whatnot. I'll start with a few from the Kent State Golden Flashes

Nate Terhune--Defensive Line

A Northeast Ohio native, 6'3 265 Nate Terhune was a starting lineman for Kent before breaking his leg against the LSU Tigers. Season over right? Nah. He got a metal plate installed and was back on the field 4 weeks later. He also didn't take painkillers at all because gently caress man then he couldn't lift! So anyway, after breaking his leg, not taking any painkillers, and making his way back into the lineup the man decided to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvMIJ0zkyU0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25DSbgv10wY

Fat. Man. Touchdown.

This all led to him getting ranked NFL.com's toughest player in college football and Bruce Feldman's #8 Collegiate Freak. Heading into his junior year could we see more special teams magic? Even if we don't, the dude is a pretty drat good lineman anyway. Terhune owns. Fat Man Touchdowns own.

Casey Pierce--Tight End

Casey Pierce went from a walk-on from Parma to a scholarship starter on the John Mackey watch list. He's good. Really. Good. And I expect some bonkers numbers out of him this year with an aged quarterback behind center.

So there are a couple of guys from Kent that I expect cool things from, now what players from your schools are going to out up dope highlights and stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Texas Tech Red Raiders

Davis Webb, obviously, is the biggest player to watch on the team, but he's not necessarily unknown. In fact, he's probably our best known current player.

The player I'm going to be paying the most attention to offensively is going to be WR Reggie Davis. He's got the speed. He's already well known to TTU fans because of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDe9KGp16LU.

He had 15 catches for 200 yards and 3 TD's last season backing up the reliable Eric Ward and Bradley Marquez. With Ward graduated and Marquez moved inside, one of the outside spots is entirely his this year. I think Davis is going to have the best season for a TTU outside receiver since Crabtree went for 1962 in 2007. ~1200 yards.

Defensively it's going to all rest on the shoulders of our 4 DL newcomers and especially 350lb behemoth Rika Levi. But the player I'm going to be watching will be playing behind everyone.

Keenan Ward (S) was one of the players that TTU fans were most upset with last season. He was pressed into duty as a true freshman thanks to injuries to our entire secondary. He was a HS QB playing his first action at safety, and it showed. The track race that was the first part of the Baylor Game? A lot of it came down to Ward's poor angles. The UT game? Mostly Baker Mayfield, but Ward got significant playing time and was a liability.

Things started to turn around during the bowl game. He still made mistakes, but he also made plays. I saw some potential there. Reports from the spring and summer are that he's made incredible strides and is now one of the strongest members of the defense. He's certainly spent time in the weight room and looks the part now. We'll see if he can cover on Thursday, Sept 25th when TTU visits Stillwater.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
LSU Tigers

Anyone who follows recruiting knows about LSU having a ton of talented rookies this year in the form of Trey Quinn, Devon Godchaux, Malachi Dupre, and of course Leonard Founette.

In terms of established players, names I would keep an eye on include Danielle Hunter, Tre'Davious White, and Terrance Magee, who play DE, CB, and RB respectively.

I'm phone posting ATM, but I'd recommend googling for Danielle Hunter. Dude is fuckin' ripped and could have a big year.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
The Ohio State Buckeyes

Offense

Obvious:
QB Braxton Miller is the best returning player in the Big 10, and arguably the single most electric player in college football at this point. He has a stupidly huge cannon for an arm that guarantees some bomb passes this year, and his running ability is unmatched at his position in the college game

Less Obvious:
WR Dontre Wilson was pegged as a potential impact player last year. However, the hype he got was to the point where we got more usage out of him as a decoy on jets and reads than as an actual playmaker. This year is a little different. With guys like Curtis Samuel on the roster now, we have guys who can be the decoy FOR Dontre, which means his touches go up. Also, a conversion to WR and an apparently massive amount of reps and time spent working on route running means he's not just a danger out of the backfield and on screens now.

Sleeper:
TE Nick Vannett has come on strong to be the 1B to Jeff Heurman's breakout level 1A at the position. Wouldn't shock me to see Vannett actually do better than Heurman this year because of durability.

Guy I expect to underperform:
RB Ezekiel Elliot, not so much because he'll be bad or run poorly. I just think Urban is spreading the touches out a lot more this year without an incumbent like Hyde hanging around and with the stable of backs we currently have. When he gets the ball in his hands, he's a threat, but I don't think it happens often enough for him to be a legitimate player to watch.

Guy who is never ever going to perform:
RB Rod Smith for like the 3rd straight year has somehow gotten passed on the depth chart. I'm going to be sad when blowouts happen and we can't use him a human victory cigar until he fumbles and we give up a TD as a result.

Impact Frosh:
WR Johnnie Dixon is one of two guys in the freshman class who Urban is letting run with the seniors and old guys. He's never allowed any of that at Ohio State.

Defense

Obvious:
DE Joey Bosa is probably the best D-lineman I've seen at OSU in my lifetime. He's fast, disruptive, stout against the run. He's 6'6" 290. He's like if John Simon hadn't been undersized. Some of our fans have said he's similar to Mario Edwards on FSU, but Bosa is a better pass rusher and less of a tackling machine against runners than Edwards. He's a future first rounder for sure.

Less Obvious:
SS Tyvis Powell is memorable for being the guy who jumped Devin Gardner's pass on the 2-point attempt against Michigan. He's also looking like the guaranteed starter of the safeties, with Cam Burrows and Vonn Bell fighting for FS right now. He has the ball skills to be a nickel back, but he's big enough to play downhill against the run. I imagine he's going to look a lot better in the current scheme since he'll have more varied duties.

Sleeper:
LB Josh Perry has been the definition of average as a LB in his time in Columbus. That's about to change. His biggest weakness has always been his inability to cover, which he will no longer be asked to do often in the new scheme. Additionally, Darron Lee and Curtis Grant will be subbed out a lot for their competition at the position in Chris Worley and Raekwon McMillan, meaning Perry will likely play the most snaps of any LB this year. I'm expecting him to soak up a lot of tackles and basically serve as the defense's brain on the field this year.

Underperformer:
DE Noah Spence is a potential first round pick, and rightfully so. Unfortunately, we're going to be rotating the linemen a lot more this year, and between his early suspension and the fact that he's going to see fewer snaps this year anyways, I won't be surprised to see his production take a drop off this year.

Guy who I want off my team:
CB Armani Reeves got burned by a Kirk Ferentz TE last year. (skip to 4:17) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o-Bkne5ocE. He's also somehow leading the competition for CB2 behind Doran Grant this year. I can only hope it's because he is actually good at press coverage and just got caught napping in the soft zone last year, because otherwise, it's going to be a long year.

Impact Frosh:
LB Raekwon McMillan is already pushing 5th year and former no. 2 recruit in the country (behind Jadeveon loving Clowney) Curtis Grant for his job at MLB. I wouldn't be shocked to see him splitting snaps 50/50 by mid season and starting by bowl season.

TheGreyGhost fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 7, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TheGreyGhost posted:

and his running ability is unmatched at his position in the college game

and yet he got out-run by a MAC linebacker 40 lbs heavier than him :v:

i know what you mean but I couldn't resist

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Carolina Gamecocks

RB Mike Davis: The unquestioned star of this unit, Davis led the SEC in rushing for much of 2013 and notched a 1,000-yard season. It feels almost wrong to say it, but he's better than even a healthy Marcus Lattimore -- Davis not only has great vision and power, he's much faster and regularly rips off explosive plays. He's already made a name for himself in the conference, but with Todd Gurley around, he does get overshadowed quite a bit, particularly on the national level.

WR Shaq Roland: Roland has had a much more tumultuous and slow-developing career than the other in-state Mr. Footballs who have played for us recently. After battling a couple suspensions and some frustratingly inconsistent play, he came on strong to close 2013 and it finally looks like he's capable of meeting expectations. If this season goes as planned, Roland will be a focal point of the offense and the closest thing we've had to an Alshon Jeffery since the latter left.

WR/KR/Wildcat QB Pharoh Cooper: Cooper's a very much under-the-radar guy who did and showed a lot for us last season. He's listed at receiver and does take snaps there, but he's also under center quite a bit and was the most effective Wildcat guy we've had since Stephon Gilmore. Since our special teams are hot garbage, he was given a chance on the returns unit and showed promise there, too. He's a lot of fun to watch and is clearly a special talent with the ball in his hands. Also, his name is Pharoh.

LB Skai Moore: As a true freshman, Moore led the team in both tackles and interceptions, making him a bright spot in a unit that struggled for a good chunk of the season. He garnered an All-SEC selection in 2013 but was left off this year's preseason teams, which rankled Spurrier quite a bit. In any case, he's not a flashy player, but he's always in the right place at the right time.

(I left off Dylan Thompson off this list, but as he's the quarterback, that's pretty obvious.)

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 7, 2014

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Texas

Defense

DE Cedric Reed will be in the running for DPOY in the Big 12 and a high draft pick. He's really good.

DT Malcom Brown is a first round talent and a top two DT in the Big 12.

DB Quandre Diggs is the leader of the defense. A bit undersized but he's pretty physical.

Offense

David Ash bitch is looking to permanently shut down his brain by playing more football.

RBs Malcolm Brown and John Gray are both fantastic players.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Re: Joey Bosa; I watched some of his tape after Brett Kollmann at Battle Red Blog noticed him during some tape study for Carlos Hyde, say he was reminded a lot of JJ Watt in how he played. Will be cool to see how he develops.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

bhsman posted:

Re: Joey Bosa; I watched some of his tape after Brett Kollmann at Battle Red Blog noticed him during some tape study for Carlos Hyde, say he was reminded a lot of JJ Watt in how he played. Will be cool to see how he develops.

That's actually a pretty apt comparison. I won't be surprised to see him playing inside some on passing downs with a second edge rusher brought in, but his play style really is very JJ Watt in college at present. He's more athletic than Watt, but he isn't as supernatural at seeing passes or reading QB eyes and feet. He realistically could be anything from a 4-3 DE to a 3-4 DE to a 4-3 3 Tech though. Very excited about him.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

University of Georgia

Offense:

RB Todd Gurley
Easily one of the best backs in the SEC, if not nationally (UGA homerism aside), as a true freshman he rushed for over 1300 yards and in 2013 he rushed for nearly 1000 and had over 400 even with being out for a month in the middle of the season with hip and ankle injuries. A true physical north-south runner with good eyes as well as smart and patient enough to follow the blocks, if he gets into the backfield he makes you pay for it. Issues with health were a concern last season, but he is the star of a backfield loaded with existing talent as well as incoming freshmen with lots of promise.

WR Isiah McKenzie
True freshman that I think is going to make a huge special teams impact. A bit short to be a true WR, he has been practicing with our kick return unit and everyone, coaches included, are saying he is a burner. I am putting him on this list even though he isn't a totally known quantity because if he can get us up from 2.8 yards per return or whatever terrible stat we had last year for returns, that helps us out a ton. Lots of promise here.

Honorable Mention:
WR Chris Conley: Always great in the clutch, including an insane one handed TD catch against Tennessee. Huge football knowledge, great at routes, good speed and jumps. I suspect he'll be solid at the next level and I am sad this is his last year with us.
QB Hutson Mason: Waited 4 years behind Aaron Murray to take over as starter, even considered leaving to get the job elsewhere. Got the job early as Murray went out with a knee injury late last year and got his first full start against GT. I know he is great in garbage time, but garbage time doesn't really count. Slow start against GT but the second half he helped orchestrate was great. Loves the up-tempo and OC Bobo seems to be willing to let him move fast when needed. I just don't know how he will do this season, but with as many weapons as he has around him, he should be fine.

Defense:

LB Ramik Wilson
Led the SEC in tackles last year with 133, 4 sacks, and 11 TFLs. Didn't get a lot of media hype in the media days leading up to the peseason camps even though his performance was great last season. I expect him to have a solid year this year and be an important part of this defense.

OLB Jordan Jenkins: 45 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, 5 sacks. Solid pass rusher, has caused and picked up a few fumbles over the season. I expect with better defensive scheming, his rushing will keep the run game honest as long as our DB and S players can protect against the pass. I am expecting a standout year from him.

Honorable Mention:
OLB Leonard Floyd: After a really great freshman year with 55 tackles and 6.5 sacks, I only see him getting better, especially with improved coaching. Expect big things with him his next 2 or 3 years here.
DB Shattle Fenteng: Big JUCO pickup for UGA over the offseason, hard and physical player not afraid to make a play for the ball. I am putting him on here more on what he could become this year rather than what he has done vs. where I think he can go over the season. We need all the help we can get with the pass game, so if he plays like his ceiling suggest he could, he will be great.

Other thoughts:
[b]Freshmen![/url] We got a ton of great talent, especially on the offensive side of the ball with guys like McKenzie, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, et all. All have the ability to play as good as they want if they don't pull an Isiah Crowell and get arrested with a gun and weed.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 7, 2014

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

TheGreyGhost posted:

That's actually a pretty apt comparison. I won't be surprised to see him playing inside some on passing downs with a second edge rusher brought in, but his play style really is very JJ Watt in college at present. He's more athletic than Watt, but he isn't as supernatural at seeing passes or reading QB eyes and feet. He realistically could be anything from a 4-3 DE to a 3-4 DE to a 4-3 3 Tech though. Very excited about him.

And just like JJ, he's white :godwin:

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
Alabama Crimson Tide I hear just got a blue chip African linebacker named Suuntabi Zancshund. Anyone heard anything about this guy?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
University of Iowa Hawkeyes

No one. Unless you can actually get yourself to Kinnick Stadium with time to tailgate beforehand, don't actually watch Iowa football. It's horrible. Go back to bed and wait for the Baylor game to start. BUT if you are trapped in some sort of Clockwork Orange situation and absolutely cannot look away from the screen while Iowa Football is sadistically beamed at you, then keep an eye out for these people!

Brandon Scherff, OT: That's right, the first guy on the list is a tackle. And there isn't even really a close second. I wasn't kidding about this being awful! Now, if you don't want to watch the offensive line, I totally get that. I like it, but I am a huge dork and also played it so I sort of know what I'm looking at. But I know why you think it's boring. They don't have the ball, they don't score any touchdowns, they're kinda fat, and they are very rarely involved in anything that could be called a highlight. Don't let people tell you are a bad fan for not caring. They are dumb football elitists. There is no wrong way to watch sports, and you are not a better person for understanding a proper pass protection drop.

THAT SAID, Brandon Scherff can be pretty fun. He not only has close to textbook technique (like most Kirk Ferentz-coached linemen), but he is strong and mean as poo poo. He doesn't just block guys, he goes out of his way to embarass them. He will routinely drive his man 10-15 yards off the ball and bury him. It's pretty awesome. He's probably the best OT in the country, one of the handful of best players in the country, and should be a high draft pick! When everyone is doing draft scouting and pretending they have any idea who any of the linemen are, you can say you actually know one of them!

Desmond King, CB: King is a cool story. He was a 2* true freshman corner who immediately stepped in and was one of the best DBs in the conference last year, playing for an Iowa defense that left it's corners on an island playing man coverage more than ever before. Like most Iowa corners, he's physical and good in run support, but he also did a good job sticking to his man and showed amazingly advanced technique for someone with that experience level. I can very rarely recall him badly blowing an assignment. In the Outback Bowl, he played a big role in Iowa shutting down an LSU passing game featuring multiple high NFL draft picks. He should challenge for All Big Ten the next 2-3 years.

Carl Davis, DT: Probably the single most talented guy on the whole team. He's a 6'5" 300+ pounder who has the quickness and agility of someone at least 50 pounds lighter. Before last year he had such horrible technique and stamia that he'd get blown off the line for most of the game, but last year he really started to figure things out and became one of the best players on a very good Iowa defense. Since he's playing DT he didn't rack up a ton of stats, but he consistently got good penetration and blew up the interior of opposing offensive lines, and generally demands a double team. With a decent season he could very easily be a first round draft pick.

Mark Weisman and Jordan Canzeri, RBs: Hey some skill position players! Iowa, for the first time in god only knows how long, actually has a decent bit of depth at running back, and should be an extremely run heavy team again this year. It won't be a good offense, but these are going to be the two guys who carry it all year.

Weisman you probably know if you watch the Big Ten at all, since he's been Iowa's primary back the last two years. He's not anything spectacular, and he tends to get overworked and dinged up, but when he's healthy he's a solid between the tackles workhorse who very rarely loses yardage and will occasionally run some folks over for a cool run. He's slow as poo poo and doesn't break any long runs, but he consistently moves the ball forward. He is also a former walk-on fullback, so it's pretty cool that he's been able to become an even marginally effective lead back.

Canzeri didn't really do much until the end of last year, so you might not know him yet. He really came on towards the end of the season and I'm hoping the coaches trust him enough that he can get a decent number of carries and being the lightning to Wesiman's thunder. He's a small, extremely quick back who can produce some highlight runs with his speed and ability to make guys miss. He's really fun to watch when he gets some space, and he'll probably be the closest thing Iowa has to a highlight reel guy.

Jake Duzey, TE: This one might be wishful thinking. Outside of a big game against Ohio State (mostly due to one long play where he took a short pass and then just outran the entire OSU defense), Duzey didn't really get a ton of work. But the little bit he did was really intriguing and suggests that he could be a legitimate weapon for a passing game that could use one. He's less a traditional tight end than a hybrid WR/TE in the Dallas Clark mold, and with a more inventive offense I think he could be a lot of fun. Unfortunately this a Kirk Ferentz offense soooo, probably not. Ray Hamilton, the actual starting tight end, should also be pretty decent and likely get drafted, but he's more of the traditional blocking type like CJF last year.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 22, 2014

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kansas State Wildcats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5VcJHqtiE

the end

Declan MacManus fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 7, 2014

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor Bears to watch

Offense

You've probably heard of Bryce Petty if you give a poo poo about the Big 12, but it would feel odd not to say anything about him in a year in which he's expected to contend for the Heisman. He was hugely effective all throughout last season to the tune of around 4200 yards, 32 touchdowns, and just 3 interceptions. If he can improve his play at all this season - and I expect him to, given everything that's been observed about his work ethic and the general development trends of Briles' quarterbacks - and if he doesn't have a hugely negative moment in terms of optics like his stumble at Stillwater last year, it's unlikely that he doesn't at least get an invite to New York. What happens then will likely depend a lot on our record (IE whether or not we beat OU) and how flashy Bryce can get along the way.

Also keep your eyes on Junior IR Corey Coleman and RS Freshman RB Johnny Jefferson. Everyone already knows about superstar Antwan Goodley after his 1400 yard explosion as a Junior, but I might be more excited to see how Corey Coleman steps up in the absence of previous burner IR Tevin Reese. Coleman was a consistent contributor throughout last season despite being somewhat buried on the depth chart, but as the season wore on, and especially after Reese went down, he began to elevate his game, and was one of the lone bright spots in a sloppy Fiesta Bowl with 7 receptions with 88 yards. He's since followed that up with a huge spring in which he showcased an ability to make some incredibly tough catches down the sideline, and drawn a lot of comparisons to a more physical Reese. He could easily step up to be the second deep threat behind Goodley, making an already excellent receiving corps even more dangerous.

Johnny Jefferson is still young, and you might not see much of him early on since Briles tends to keep his RBs off the field until they've shown a certain degree of competence in pass protection, but the rumblings around the program since Spring practice are that he might be the best back on campus - no small praise after Shock Linwood gained over 300 yards over two weeks against a good OU defense and a bad TTU one, adding enough to his garbage time and spot-duty yardage to be the sixth-leading rusher in the Big 12 last year despite starting the season as a third-string back. Look out for him to make a somewhat Seastrunk-esque emergence later into the season, and perhaps earlier if Linwood or Chafin struggles ahead of him.

Defense

Our defensive line in particular looks fantastic all around, but the two guys most worth watching are easily DE Shawn Oakman and DT Andrew Billings. Oakman is absolutely enormous, standing 6 foot 9 and weighing in at 280 pounds, but he's still shown himself to be agile enough to make himself at home in opposing backfields and harass the QB - perhaps best exemplified by a play early into the 3rd quarter of Baylor vs TCU in which Oakman beat his man (albeit on a poor TCU O-Line), chased down a scrambling Trevone Boykin, and flattened him well behind the line of scrimmage. Despite not starting last year, Oakman still logged 12.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, 2 forced fumbles and one fumble recovery - now that he's a starter he has a chance to see those numbers grow dramatically. Art Briles in particular has been raving about him since Spring, going so far as to call him 'unblockable' even for what should be a stout Baylor O-line.

DT Andrew Billings, meanwhile, was a huge pickup in Baylor's 2013 recruiting class and an immediate contributor as a true freshman. At 6-2 and 300 pounds, Billings is short, squat, and enormously strong, having set the Texas powerlifting record with a 805 lb squat, 500 lb bench, and 705 lb dead lift. Despite, again, not starting last season, Billings was a force along the center of the Baylor line with a total 33 tackles and 4 tackles for loss. Look for him to be an anchor in the center of the line while talented and agressive ends like Oakman and Javonte Magee push in to threaten opposing QBs.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

okay i lied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM1gUdOFrRs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mSrVYAkCsY

also ryan mueller

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that acceleration right as he hits the 30, jesus christ :stare:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DJExile posted:

His dad was pretty good too. Tyler Lockett makes me feel old every time I see him but other than that he is pretty awesome.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DJExile posted:

He's one of the best receivers in the Big 12 but he's one of the best returners in the country, if not the best

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Declan MacManus posted:

He's one of the best receivers in the Big 12 but he's one of the best returners in the country, if not the best

I'm going to have to go with Ty Montgomery as best returner. Lockett would probably be in my top 5. He had a dip in production last year (going from 32 ypr to 26.5 ypr and 0 TD's), but Lockett is still one of the tops.

I'd say he is the best receiver in the Big XII.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

UNC's Ryan Switzer is up there as well. He tied the NCAA record with five punt return touchdowns last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzxYXP3JxV4

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

I'd say he is the best receiver in the Big XII.

I'd have to agree. Goodley was up there with him in terms of yardage, but I think Lockett has better hands and route-running skills. I remember watching a bit of KSU vs TCU, early on Lockett pulls this great double move that makes Jason Verrett look completely lost, gets a big gain off of it. Goodley, meanwhile, only got one catch for 10 yards with Verrett on him. Granted, I don't remember how Verrett responded after that play, but even if Lockett never makes another play that day, his one catch beat the hell out of Goodley's. Goodley struggled with press coverage in general last year, that's one area I'm really hoping he can improve on.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think he's probably the best in the whole country, much less the Big XII.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Alabama Crimson Tide

The man to keep an eye on is running back Derrick Henry. In limited action spelling for TJ Yeldon, he was one of the most exciting and explosive guys on the field last season. Actually, I really believe he is better than Yeldon. He finished third on the team in rushing, and averaged over 10 yards per carry on 35 carries. He only caught a single pass, which went to the house for 61 yards.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

He might be up there. Ty Montgomery, if he comes back from his 2 surgeries ok, is up there, as is a few others.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

I try not to oversell the players that I like :shobon:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Doronin posted:

Alabama Crimson Tide

The man to keep an eye on is running back Derrick Henry. In limited action spelling for TJ Yeldon, he was one of the most exciting and explosive guys on the field last season. Actually, I really believe he is better than Yeldon. He finished third on the team in rushing, and averaged over 10 yards per carry on 35 carries. He only caught a single pass, which went to the house for 61 yards.

Derrick Henry stands next to another runningback (6'1 248 lbs Jalston Fowler):

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Once again, the side of the ball to watch with Michigan State is defense. Shilique Calhoun is going to eat motherfuckers alive, and quarterbacks who hated playing against Darqueze Dennard aren't going to have any more fun against Trae Waynes. Both of them are juniors.

On offense, Jeremy Langford looks to continue strengthening the run game, and Tony Lippett and Macgarrett Kings will hopefully improve what was at times a dismal offense. With Connor Cook massively improved from early last year, don't expect hideous wins against lovely opponents like the WMU and South Florida games last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Florida State:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654765#post433039407

• Locked thread