Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best new Batman movie
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
View Results

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
will arnett should keep doing batman voices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqv_LUStxDw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

if we're talking animated then mask of the phantasm is pretty good

no not really

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW
DC should just stop making live action movies because they clearly suck at it. TDK was good though. Every live action Superman movie has been poo poo.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
spider-man 1 was dece as an origin story

spider-man 2 was pretty great

there were no other spider-man movies

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Bratman

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
christian bale is the worst batman ever. i can't even watch those movies because of his old lady batman voice/gay man lisp

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

okay we just wrapped up a trilogy a few years ago that saw great box office success and critical acclaim we better reboot that franchise as soon as possible because we're shameless retards

just batman and superman movie reboots, forever

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Spider Helidon posted:

Dc is loving up their movie franchise so much worse than marvel and also, the best batman movie is the animated dark knight returns. Google tube it, I'm going to go watch the bats v supers fight right now.

if by loving up you mean making billions of dollar and completely dominating the movie industry, then yeah i guess you are right

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
michael keaton was objectively the best batman

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

michael keaton was objectively the best batman

Bale is the best Bruce Wayne/Batman combo, easily. Keaton never sold the "deadly ninja" aspect of Bruce Wayne.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
The Nude Bat Man Movies

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

redshirt posted:

Bale is the best Bruce Wayne/Batman combo, easily. Keaton never sold the "deadly ninja" aspect of Bruce Wayne.

Guancho posted:

christian bale is the worst batman ever. i can't even watch those movies because of his old lady batman voice/gay man lisp

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That's like, just your opinion, man. I think - and many people agree - Bale is by far the best Wayne/Batman.

The American Psycho is the perfect Batman.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
keaton is better because white men cant be ninjas

also he was in batman returns which is still the best serious batman movie, sorry agent of chaos/evil OWS

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
lets talk about how stupid ben affleck is gonna look now that they've gone back to the rubber neck-less cowl

hes gonna be swinging around to face people like a big ol retard lmao

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

redshirt posted:

That's like, just your opinion, man. I think - and many people agree - Bale is by far the best Wayne/Batman.

The American Psycho is the perfect Batman.

i'm not wearing hockey pantsssssssslobbersssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdroolssssssss

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Guancho posted:

i'm not wearing hockey pantsssssssslobbersssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdroolssssssss

He's deliberately affecting a weird voice - how is this hosed up for Batman?

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

redshirt posted:

no other batman ever sounded like an even gayer Richard Simmons. they sounded tough.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Guancho posted:

no other batman ever sounded like an even gayer Richard Simmons. they sounded tough.

WTF man? He doesn't lisp or sound effeminate. He deliberately affects a rough and tough sounding voice. How is this weird for a billionaire trying to conceal his identity?

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

redshirt posted:

WTF man? He doesn't lisp or sound effeminate. He deliberately affects a rough and tough sounding voice. How is this weird for a billionaire trying to conceal his identity?

it's cool you like the worst batman of the franchise. but he for real had a lisp in his 'bat voice' and it annoyed a lot of people. made the movies unwatchable for me. not that they were good anyways. jut google christian bale batman lisp

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Guancho posted:

it's cool you like the worst batman of the franchise. but he for real had a lisp in his 'bat voice' and it annoyed a lot of people. made the movies unwatchable for me. not that they were good anyways. jut google christian bale batman lisp

Why don't you give me an example?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

redshirt posted:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

redshirt posted:

you don't hear the whistling he does when he pronounces 's' sounds?

his batvoice was okay in begins but he piles it on more and more as the films go on.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

that chunky bitch was such a downgrade from katie holmes, drat

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

babypolis posted:

that chunky bitch was such a downgrade from katie holmes, drat

Maggie G, right?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

redshirt posted:

Maggie G, right?

ya

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
bale is a mouthbreather

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So there must be a nude universe, where everyone walks about completely nude.

So how does Batman protect his secret identity in this one?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

bale is a mouthbreather

My only problem with the movies is that it was very apparent that Bale couldn't breathe through his nose while wearing the mask.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

happyhippy posted:

So there must be a nude universe, where everyone walks about completely nude.

So how does Batman protect his secret identity in this one?

body paint.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

you don't hear the whistling he does when he pronounces 's' sounds?

his batvoice was okay in begins but he piles it on more and more as the films go on.

Doesn't bother me, though I see it bothers plenty of others.

He needs to hide his identity, so he makes up a voice. Makes sense.

The only time I think its weird is in TDK, when he jumps out the window to save Rachel. They crash on to a car, and he uses the Batman voice to ask her if she's alright. Given that she knows who he is, its out of place.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

redshirt posted:

Doesn't bother me, though I see it bothers plenty of others.

He needs to hide his identity, so he makes up a voice. Makes sense.

The only time I think its weird is in TDK, when he jumps out the window to save Rachel. They crash on to a car, and he uses the Batman voice to ask her if she's alright. Given that she knows who he is, its out of place.

You hide your identity by making up a tough voice. Not an old lady with throat cancer and a lisp voice

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
he's a gorillionaire, why doesn't he buy a voice changer

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Guancho posted:

You hide your identity by making up a tough voice. Not an old lady with throat cancer and a lisp voice

Sounds tough to me. Do you have a specific example to reference? I'll gladly watch the movie to confirm.

I've become obsessed with Batman lately, for some reason. I keep watching the movies over and over.

I like Rises better everytime I watch it. For example, it has the most plausible super villain plan.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

redshirt posted:

Sounds tough to me. Do you have a specific example to reference? I'll gladly watch the movie to confirm.

I've become obsessed with Batman lately, for some reason. I keep watching the movies over and over.

I like Rises better everytime I watch it. For example, it has the most plausible super villain plan.

Guancho posted:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

redshirt posted:

even the cook gotham from a super microwave on a train because it's too corrupt was more plausible than rises

herp derp my gay dead dad's plan to cook gotham with a super microwave from a train was a such a good and noble idea but it was foiled by the evils batsman, so in revenge of foiling him we're going to steal his money, jerk gotham around and then blow ourselves up along with gotham

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

Xaris posted:

even the cook gotham from a super microwave on a train because it's too corrupt was more plausible than rises

herp derp my gay dead dad's plan to cook gotham with a super microwave from a train was a such a good and noble idea but it was foiled by the evils batsman, so in revenge of foiling him we're going to steal his money, jerk gotham around and then blow ourselves up along with gotham

Legit. The plots for the whole series are as ridiculous as the batman lisp.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Xaris posted:

1. As described in this thread, the microwave emitter is totally implausible. I roll with it because it's a comic book movie, but it's true.
2. In Rises, while I agree that the motivation behind the plan is somewhat implausible, and that both villains seemingly intended to die in a nuclear blast strikes me as implausible, the details of the plan are the more plausible of the three movies. Consider:

Miranda Tate aka Talia Al Ghul is rich. Bane, however, is funded by the Dagget Corporation and its many subsidiaries, one of which is a general contractor and was used, for months prior to the movie, to lay explosives around Gotham. So from a realism perspective, you have the reasons he was able to blow up the bridges and tunnels, and you have insider knowledge about the fusion reactor and the scientist who published a study on how it could be converted to a bomb.

It's more plausible than the Joker's million perfectly timed plans, or the microwave emitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
I think instead of making a batman movie again we should get a robin movie, then a string of night wing movies. Make a robin movie with three robins like 3 ninjas.

• Locked thread