Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

OMFG FURRY posted:

pit bulls that are raised to be people aggressive are dumb as hell, anytime you see a pit bull thats been trained to fight they are just super aggressive to other dogs

i'd be more scared of a tosa to be honest, those things will tear you to pieces

in my sisters case her dog just didnt seem to recognize children as people and tried to eat them for some reason. dog is dead if any1 asks rest in rips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i have a pal with a pitbull. she's a sweetheart but she's very excitable. also she has strong legs and when i was sitting down while she was walking around on the couch, i was afraid she'd crush my balls

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
love all animals, they don't know better

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I prefer the African pitbull

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Ramsus posted:

thats a weasel.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

everyone around here hits their pitbulls loudly in the open

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fandyien posted:

everyone around here hits their pitbulls loudly in the open

good

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Ramsus posted:

a robut!!

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
only pitbull i see regularly is the local drunks dog, but the dude is super chill and his pitbull just wants to be pet by everyone.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

LifeSizePotato posted:

real question: i don't get why it's so controversial to say certain dogs are more aggressive than others. isn't that what they're often bred for? is it really just as likely that a golden retriever will maul a small child as a pit bull?

yeah it probably is just as likely in that sense

now if you replaced "small child" with "another dog" you'd have a point. human aggression isn't a desirable trait in fighting breeds.

edit: I used to work at animal shelter and whenever pit bulls were brought in (most common breed aside from chihuahuas) they'd almost always pass the human aggression test but about half of those would fail the dog aggression test and have to be euthanized.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"haha labs love water and fetching!" yep that's how we bred em!

"wow shepards live up to their name and will herd anything!" yep that's how we bred em!

"neat bloodhounds love following trails and being outdoors!" yep that's how we bred em!

"pitbulls are muscular and extremely aggressive with unpredictable tempers!" HOW DARE YOU YOU MONSTER MY PITBULL IS ADORABLE AND CUTE AND IS ONLY AGGRESSIVE WITH UNFAMILIAR DOGS, CATS, CHILDREN, AND MAMMALS!!!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

LifeSizePotato posted:

real question: i don't get why it's so controversial to say certain dogs are more aggressive than others. isn't that what they're often bred for? is it really just as likely that a golden retriever will maul a small child as a pit bull?

it seems like people conflate human racism (bad and wrong, obviously) with the simple tenets of selective breeding in domesticated animals

Most people are legitimately too stupid to realize that a dog selectively bred for pit fighting with the bite force of 235 lbs can simultaneously be both loveable & dangerous. They will just explain how their dog is really sweet and ignore the biology of the animal entirely. Most pits are super sweet puppy dogs but also they can tear your throat out pretty easy. People also assume that dogs only attack for good reason & as long as you have a well tempered pit you won't have a problem, which is not how animal behavior works.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

nimh posted:

leatherdoggy

dog literally looks downsy. like just look at that facial structure. that is the face of a stupid loving animal

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
oh my god. i know what he looks like. the inbred banjo kid from deliveranceq

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
holy poo poo the eyes

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Seems p smart to me. Makes lots of money by laughing a bunch in his music and saying "dale" and "mr worldwide"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Frostwerks posted:

oh my god. i know what he looks like. the inbred banjo kid from deliveranceq

oh my god

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

nimh posted:

leatherdoggy

hmmm, are they brothers?

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
labradoodles are stupid dogs.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

We've come far enough with CG technology to make a convincing talking dog/buddy cop show out of this, right?

Hillbilly Blues?
Lynch & Order: ASPCA Unit?
Banjo & the Jaw?
Rapes & Mauler?

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Noggers and a pics love pitbull.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/DrDogs247/status/497623794819682307

wise words from Dr. Dogs 247

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Justin Tyme posted:

pit bulls look retarded. like, literally retarded. if a dog could "look" retarded, it would look like a pitbull. you can't honestly look into its eyes/face and think "AWW CUTE". and, as has been said, they are a good litmus test for the personality of the owner

German Shepherds though are the way to go if you gotta buy a big violent attack dog

so noble, Nazi-approved

depends on whether it's one of those retarded slope backed inbred monstrosities or a proper straight backed working dog that won't get hosed up hips

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SaltLick posted:

Seems p smart to me. Makes lots of money by laughing a bunch in his music and saying "dale" and "mr worldwide"

Yeah, but he looks like this when he takes off his doggles.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Pit bulls are a good thing and shouldn't be banned, because then all the idiots would own and ruin the reputation of other, nicer dog breeds instead. German shepherds were pretty universally hated until the pitbulls saved them.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Robo Reagan posted:

aren't most dog attacks from lovely little poms and other tiny dogs but they go unreported because a pom ain't doing poo poo if it bites you?

probably since owners of small dogs are almost universally terrible at disciplining them.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
There was a news story of a pit bull "attacking" the baby that was left unsupervised. It was running around with the baby still attached to it. We had a thread about it a few years ago.

So yeah, pitbulls are scum.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

it's a combination of fight genes, high energy and a dominant disposition that makes them dangerous in the hands of retarded idiots

also human aggression and dog aggression are two entirely different things for a dog

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
not totally man, if they dont grow up around kids like my sisters they might not see them as people. this is a problem for lots of other pets aswell.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
great pyrenees are the best dogs

but all animals are poo poo and deserve death

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

error1 posted:

German shepherds were pretty universally hated until the pitbulls saved them.
i remember growing up and hearing the same things about rottweilers that you hear today about pitbulls

Robo Reagan posted:

aren't most dog attacks from lovely little poms and other tiny dogs but they go unreported because a pom ain't doing poo poo if it bites you?
apparently the most aggressive dog breed is the dachshund. but i love em anyway because goddammit they're adorable

naem
May 29, 2011

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

#PoochSmooches

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Y-Hat posted:

i remember growing up and hearing the same things about rottweilers that you hear today about pitbulls

that's because they were the pitbulls of the day

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.
whoever came up with the slope in the german shepherd should be shot. drat near ruined the breed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
some of the most loyal, well behaved, and loving dogs i have met have been pitbulls.

then again im a white guy living on the coast in California with people who love dogs.

maybe it has something to do with the poo poo environment many are raised in?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Chinatown posted:

some of the most loyal, well behaved, and loving dogs have been pitbulls.

then again im a white guy living on the coast in California with people who love dogs.

maybe it has something to do with the poo poo environment many are raised in?

no. yer just an idiot.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

no. yer just an idiot.

Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted: