Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Holy gently caress I barely made it in.

Please let me smash Bad Munkis stupid face in.

Put Spermy Smurf and Bad Munki on the same team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Oh poo poo. I've been really busy lately and I'm about to be away all weekend in a place with basically no internet.

I'll try and catch up on the thread today but if you need me to write up fights before Monday night, you're probably out of luck.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Maugrim posted:

Oh poo poo. I've been really busy lately and I'm about to be away all weekend in a place with basically no internet.

I'll try and catch up on the thread today but if you need me to write up fights before Monday night, you're probably out of luck.

No worries. If you want a fighter in the tournament, though, you'd better hurry and submit one... there are only six spots left.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Jazzimus Prime posted:

No worries. If you want a fighter in the tournament, though, you'd better hurry and submit one... there are only six spots left.

Kapow. Since I've had terrible luck with gremlins on my last two attempts, I've jumped up a size and entered Gnomelette the Dark Gnome. Woe betide whoever ends up on a team with her.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Please let me smash Bad Munkis stupid face in.

It is terrifying.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I just want to make sure that everyone is thinking up the most ridiculous weapon/skill combinations possible right?

If one team takes this serious it's going to be a bloodbath.

Also I would like to rename my fighter "Ramming Speed" please.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
American President the Serpent Man has come forth to battle. Some say he is actually a small human wearing a skintight serpent mask, but most dismiss that claim as conspiratorial nonsense.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I just want to make sure that everyone is thinking up the most ridiculous weapon/skill combinations possible right?

Wait, you're saying there's another option? :confused:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Three places remain.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can I get a saddle on my Moleman? I have an idea.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Can I ride a moleman with a saddle? I also have an idea.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
One spot left!

Once it's taken, you may all start spending points.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

1 spot left!

e: Beaten. Will we also get team assignments once they're all taken?

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Hopefully my sponsored fighter, Onan the barbarian, makes it in.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Only one fighter slot left!

One last sacrifice champion needed before the Fun begins again.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

And they're gone!

Let the madness begin.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Locomotive Breath and Tunicate, you're with me. I've renamed our team already.

Edit: PM me your emails and we'll set up some kind of google chat thing.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Hah, snagged the last spot on a whim. Urist the Boring repping on Team Sixteen 4 life.

Haystack fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 8, 2014

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
It looks like Haystack got the last spot. You can build fighters and rename your teams now.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Hey Team 6 I think we can get a 1-protect-2 thing going

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Rookie question? Do we have to do anything with macros?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Only for downloading and testing the fighters in the arena.

Edit: Actually, where do I put the macros that I download in the unzipped thing you posted earlier Jazzy?

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

Happy to be with you, Ramc and Afriscipio!

Two Elves and a human may not sound like the most interesting group, but I'm sure we can come up with something interesting still die horribly.

I can post an email address if you want to communicate that way, or we can just build what we want and see how it goes.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Team 12

Scrree, Tesla Cola, you're with me. Renaming accordingly

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

apostateCourier and Anchors, we're in Team 2.

Let's do this thing.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Spermy Smurf posted:

Only for downloading and testing the fighters in the arena.

Edit: Actually, where do I put the macros that I download in the unzipped thing you posted earlier Jazzy?

There should be a data/init/macros folder in the DF folder, you drop them in there.

Ctrl-L to load a macro, Ctrl-P to play the macro from the Create Creature screen.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Jazzimus Prime posted:

There should be a data/init/macros folder in the DF folder, you drop them in there.

Ctrl-L to load a macro, Ctrl-P to play the macro from the Create Creature screen.

Now we just need a testing version where it creates and places 64 copies in the 64-ring arena map someone made last time around :black101:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jack the Lad posted:

apostateCourier and Anchors, we're in Team 2.

Let's do this thing.

Awwright. We should talk builds.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Bene Elim posted:

Happy to be with you, Ramc and Afriscipio!

Two Elves and a human may not sound like the most interesting group, but I'm sure we can come up with something interesting still die horribly.

I can post an email address if you want to communicate that way, or we can just build what we want and see how it goes.

I'm happy to mail you if you're serious about strategy. I was planning on buying the biggest sword I can afford and sending Onan off to die terribly gloriously.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I got on team 1! That must mean it's the best team. On the other, Bad Munki is on it.

E: Ignite Memories, post or update your profile with a way to get in touch with you so I can send you the URL to our team discussion method please.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 8, 2014

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Silverminnow, Ablative. My fellow team 16-ers. We need to talk. Specifically, we need to talk about what we're gonna name our team, because that is a thing that we can do. I suggest Team Sexting, because I am mentally twelve.

Oh, also I guess we should coordinate builds a little bit. Want to do that over emails?

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007

pun pundit posted:

I'm torn. On the one hand, I got on team 1! That must mean it's the best team. On the other, Bad Munki is on it.

Someone has forgotten all their kindergarten training. First is the worst, second is the best. Oh hey, look at who's on team two.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So heads up with Molemen. If you wear gauntlets you cannot carry a weapon/shield and instead it just gets strapped to your body.

Edit: Honestly I'm not seeing much of a difference in skill with the weapons if they are strapped to the body or wielded in a hand.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 8, 2014

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Woo, Team Five. Khisanth Magus and Mlle I sincerely hope you have more of an idea than I do. Also I think our team may be the tiniest.

Seriously. My Dwarf, a Strangler, and an Ant Woman. If you guys wanna talk builds, I can post my email or something.

Galick fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 8, 2014

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Spermy Smurf posted:

So heads up with Molemen. If you wear gauntlets you cannot carry a weapon/shield and instead it just gets strapped to your body.

Edit: Honestly I'm not seeing much of a difference in skill with the weapons if they are strapped to the body or wielded in a hand.

I've run some arena tests, and it looks like fighters "put away" their weapons if there are no enemies around. They'll re-wield their weapons if an enemy appears.

Are you seeing the weapon strapped to the body when your fighter is the only participant in the arena?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Hey! Lucky Team 13! Nice!

Looks like we have a good spread of sizes on our team too. A minotaur, a molmarian, and a kobold. I hope the kobold is an archer-- I'll definitely be melee.

Iunnrais fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 8, 2014

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I've run some arena tests, and it looks like fighters "put away" their weapons if there are no enemies around. They'll re-wield their weapons if an enemy appears.

Are you seeing the weapon strapped to the body when your fighter is the only participant in the arena?

This is why I'm going to be excellent at running the fights. I'm testing again, and yeah I think you're right. I looked before and after the test fights and that's it.

Sorry for the confusion and idiocy everyone.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

Afriscipio posted:

I'm happy to mail you if you're serious about strategy. I was planning on buying the biggest sword I can afford and sending Onan off to die terribly gloriously.

Sounds like a good strategy to me. Two melee plus whatever Ramc wants to do. Let's butcher Team 3!

VV Nice! Done. VV

Bene Elim fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 8, 2014

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

I propose we change Team 15 to Team Meat and Two Veg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Jazz, it would be much more convenient if we could lower our skills when making our builds so that we don't have to reset the entire fighter every time we want to adjust levels. I mean, you allow us to sell equipment before the round starts...

• Locked thread