Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!

gadgethugs posted:

After the van with all our camp infrastructure was ganked in Oakland last year some neighbors donated a hammock pavilion.

I did a lot of napping last year.

I visited your camp! That hammock dome was lovely…. KFC, yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Mandaryn posted:

I visited your camp! That hammock dome was lovely…. KFC, yes?

Nope. But KFC was the other camp that had their stuff lifted in the east bay.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
http://airbnb.it/rooms/3663921

ahaha what the gently caress is this

e: also echoing all the things Neris said about Nowhere, it loving ruled (even build!)

Rude Dude With Tude fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 31, 2014

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Monday through Sunday we'll be arranging beer aerobics at 4:30 and A every morning at nine o'clock. See you there!

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
I have secured a netbook for burning man w/ a backup. If any goons who are bringing soundsystems want to host me for an hour or two, let me know :)

I'm guessing with my software running I will have maybe 4 or 5 hours of battery life if I'm careful. I need to do some testing, but that should give me a couple 2 hours sets or more 1 hour sets.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

mitztronic posted:

I have secured a netbook for burning man w/ a backup. If any goons who are bringing soundsystems want to host me for an hour or two, let me know :)

I'm guessing with my software running I will have maybe 4 or 5 hours of battery life if I'm careful. I need to do some testing, but that should give me a couple 2 hours sets or more 1 hour sets.

If people have a sound system setup I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you borrowed a bit of their electricity to make sure you have more power than that, no?

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

HappyHelmet posted:

If people have a sound system setup I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you borrowed a bit of their electricity to make sure you have more power than that, no?

:downs:

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

The delicious snack cake.
I'm not as awesome as mitztronic (do let me know if you get a slot, I want to come check it!), but I'd also love to DJ on an art car, or during a camp's event thing too.

Potrzebie posted:

Monday through Sunday we'll be arranging beer aerobics at 4:30 and A every morning at nine o'clock. See you there!

We're doing Beer Yoga at 10 am on both Friday and Saturday! My wife is the instructor :c00lbert:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I'm definitely making plans for next year. What's the cheapest flight from Europe? I'm in Portugal but from Lisbon to Reno it's something like 800€ per person, there must be something cheaper.

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

Potrzebie posted:

Since I'm usually still awake at 9am this seems like a good time to hop around and start getting drunk again! Also this is two blocks from my camp.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Fly into San Fransisco and take the burner express.

Jaz
Dec 24, 2005

Part of the internet...
Quoting for quoteness.

Alfajor posted:

Let's say... :siren: GOON MEET: Friday at 4pm, 3:15 and A :siren:

Come to HomeBrauHaus, drink beer, sit at our motherfucking benches that we've been building, and say hi!

Can't wait!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Smeed posted:

Oh poo poo! I'm camping with BRCU this year too. I dunno if I'll actually put my tent there as my friends didn't want to pay dues, but I'll definitely spend most/all of my not-exploring time there.
:hfive: Maybe see you there!

Alfajor posted:

How the hell did you guys end up in BRCU anyway? Honestly curious question, that's all.
The magic of reddit :ssh: Which is a little funny, because I normally actively avoid reddit.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Alfajor posted:

I'm not as awesome as mitztronic (do let me know if you get a slot, I want to come check it!), but I'd also love to DJ on an art car, or during a camp's event thing too.

We're doing Beer Yoga at 10 am on both Friday and Saturday! My wife is the instructor :c00lbert:

Awesome! I was already planning on visiting you for some after-aerobics yoga, moreso now!

chef
Nov 18, 2001
We are flying into Reno Sunday night and renting a car- I plan to mail some things ahead, but will I pretty much be able to get everything necessary/forgotten in Reno on Monday, or will things be stripped bare? I'm mainly concerned with heavy things like water, 12V marine battery, etc. but I don't want to call 19 stores and end up in 50 miles out looking for something either.

chef fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 4, 2014

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I might be a little concerned about the marine battery, but even Wal-Marts out in Colorado had pallets and pallets of basic supplies ready for Burners so I'm sure any store in Reno is prepared.

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

Yep, water and food will be aplenty everywhere. For your marine battery: is it possible to purchase ahead and tell them to hold it at a store for pick-up?
Is your car rental already all settled? If not, do that now or ASAP.

Neris
Mar 7, 2004

don't you dare use the word 'party' as a verb in this shop
Updating the OP with playa goon meet info! Good luck on actually pulling it off, you dusty goons :)

Jik Waffleson
Jul 30, 2012
Any one still need tickets? Send me a DM.

Asshole Businessman
Aug 8, 2007
I heart Donald Trump.
PM sent! :)

Laura-4-Lyfe
Oct 14, 2005

Jik Waffleson posted:

Any one still need tickets? Send me a DM.

I don't have PMs but if you still have a ticket can you email me? 85.groupb at gmail

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I'm also looking for a ticket for a friend

Jik Waffleson
Jul 30, 2012

Laura-4-Lyfe posted:

I don't have PMs but if you still have a ticket can you email me? 85.groupb at gmail

Sorry, the tickets are spoken for.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
So the man is going to be over 100' tall this year I've heard. Rad.

I'm excited as poo poo, probably more so than my virgin year as now I know what to expect/understand the event better. Does anyone know some cheap storage places for about 4 people's worth of gear?

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
About to move from Florida to Portland Oregon, I hear there is a huge burn community out there and was wondering if anyone here is involved there.

Laura-4-Lyfe
Oct 14, 2005

Jik Waffleson posted:

Sorry, the tickets are spoken for.

Thanks anyways.

If anyone else has an extra ticket I would love to take it off your hands. I have been very unlucky with both STEP and the OMG sale. My friends have been able to get their tickets and I am the only one left.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Throwdown posted:

About to move from Florida to Portland Oregon, I hear there is a huge burn community out there and was wondering if anyone here is involved there.

Im a portland burner, there are a ton of burners here. There is a weekly meetup at a bar in SE called Roadside Attraction every tuesday. Theres also a portland burners facebook group. If youre a flow artist or acrobat or circus person or even just like dodgeball or chilling in the park, come to Monday Funday at cln summers park(on nice weather days). Hope this helps. If you ever see a buff dude rocking 2-4 hula hoops in public, come say hi, thats me.

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

This just in:
I'll be DJing at BRCU (4:15 & C) on Tequila Thursday at noon! Goons camping at BRCU are totally expected to come say hi and perhaps even provide me with lunch snacks.

Alfajor fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 8, 2014

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Turtle Blogger posted:

Im a portland burner, there are a ton of burners here. There is a weekly meetup at a bar in SE called Roadside Attraction every tuesday. Theres also a portland burners facebook group. If youre a flow artist or acrobat or circus person or even just like dodgeball or chilling in the park, come to Monday Funday at cln summers park(on nice weather days). Hope this helps. If you ever see a buff dude rocking 2-4 hula hoops in public, come say hi, thats me.

I am already a member of the Portland facebook group, my name on there is Nemo Curat. I do fire breathing primarily but also staff and fans and am heavily involved in Florida's conclave and our local fire jams. Can't wait to meet everyone when I move, the few I have spoken to all seem cool as hell. Feel free to add me on FB.

Already Bored
Mar 5, 2004
I HAVE HIGHER ETHICAL AND MORALE VALUES. DID I MENTION I LIKE COCK
I'm also after a ticket if any goons have another for sale. I somehow missed out on the original sale, STEP and OMG! this past Wednesday.

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007
Y'all like wind right?

Saw this pop up on social media and then disappear :tinfoil:

edit: here's another shot

gadgethugs fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 10, 2014

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

So I've heard they give you a book at the gate with a listing of things that are happening and when? Is it as detailed as their schedule of events online?

Chouffe
Jan 31, 2005
Fuck you with a rake

stratdax posted:

So I've heard they give you a book at the gate with a listing of things that are happening and when? Is it as detailed as their schedule of events online?

No, in fact there's a usually a mad dash to submit events once they open because they only have so much room in the book. There will be many online that don't make it into the book. The ones that make it into the book will likely be more well-attended due to being in the book.

Edit: it's called the What Where When

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

Chouffe posted:

No, in fact there's a usually a mad dash to submit events once they open because they only have so much room in the book. There will be many online that don't make it into the book. The ones that make it into the book will likely be more well-attended due to being in the book.

Edit: it's called the What Where When

Oh my god, I just looked at the online events page and holy gently caress, my head is going to explode even more now with things that I want to do than before. 7 days will not be enough...

Mandaryn
Sep 4, 2004

COCK SNAKE!

Chouffe posted:

Edit: it's called the Book of Lies

Fixed it for you….

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I have a vehicle pass to spare. If you have a big guitar amplifier (or similar that can connect to a phone/mp3-plater) that we can use for the duration of the burn I love you. Traveling from Europe limits what we can bring with us, sadly.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

IceLicker posted:

Oh my god, I just looked at the online events page and holy gently caress, my head is going to explode even more now with things that I want to do than before. 7 days will not be enough...

Just took another look myself. Have a page full of things I'd like to take part in, but I'm sure the plan will go out the window once I'm actually there.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
We are shooting for 8:00 and D (many goons in this group)

I have exhausted my networking abilities from festival friends and don't have a single connection to any soundcamps or groups with a soundsystem, so I think I'll just focus on meeting people this year and maybe get a shot at playing somewhere next year. Still going to bring some minimal gear in case something comes up while there :)

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

mitztronic posted:

We are shooting for 8:00 and D (many goons in this group)

I have exhausted my networking abilities from festival friends and don't have a single connection to any soundcamps or groups with a soundsystem, so I think I'll just focus on meeting people this year and maybe get a shot at playing somewhere next year. Still going to bring some minimal gear in case something comes up while there :)

That's pretty close to where I'll be - 745 and C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

mitztronic posted:

This year I'm camping with a group of friends and we decided to research what it would take to get a PA system with a generator out to the playa. It turns out to be a much bigger and more expensive deal than we expected, and now I have a lot of respect for the soundcamps that actually manage it.

• Locked thread