Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Servaetes posted:

oh has the server poo poo the bed?

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Yep. That was fun.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Yeah. Boom.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
I hate getting what I thought was a sweet kill only to find half the team dced on both sides. =\

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Watching a featured game right now and it's just a symphony of "A summoner has disconnected".

GoldenSeraph
Mar 8, 2006
reincarnation time!
Riot why

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Yeah, can't even log back in. Stick a fork in that sucker.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I got booted out of the game. Yay!

Which sucks because we were about to win when the servers poo poo themselves. can't even log back in now.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Think about how many people worldwide right now are upset that they can't play in the League of Legends on Friday evening.

It's a large number.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Brannock posted:

Think about how many people worldwide right now are upset that they can't play in the League of Legends on Friday evening.

It's a large number.

On some level I pity their poor customer service folks.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

5 min login queue now. RIP my game.

E: It's an hour now, but I can't imagine Loss Prevented isn't on.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 9, 2014

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

I'm watching an entirely connected purple team end the game on an entirely disconnected blue team. What are the odds?

...they're bming the disconnected enemy team in the fountain.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Oh boy, so the servers shat the bed when I went into a ranked game. Good thing the other team didn't have to suffer through the server crash!

e: Is Riot good about doing Loss Prevented?

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 9, 2014

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i reconnected in the middle of a game all by myself so i won while five people chilled in the fountain it was fun

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

Oh boy, so the servers shat the bed when I went into a ranked game. Good thing the other team didn't have to suffer through the server crash!

e: Is Riot good about doing Loss Prevented?

Not lately I guess.

They did slap it on this time. I am minorly amused/annoyed because we were literally at enemy Nexus when the poo poo started and the enemy team, who didn't get a single kill past first towers, got a win because I guess Lee Sin was able to connect?

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1486347755/33455785

~Kind of Bullshit~

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Pretty sure the whole game vanished and everyone got loss prevented. I don't think my game ever finished, but it says loss prevented.

e: Nm, mine apparently did finish somehow.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 9, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

On some level I pity their poor customer service folks.
Usually it isn't even Riot that sees the angry customers, it's the social media managers and the volunteers like me who have to calm them down every time servers go down. Although Player Behavior probably gets the biggest brunt of awful people per day since it's their job to go through chat logs and bans and talk to unhappy customers who got chat banned.

Just be glad you aren't on EUW or EUNE which are both down probably three hours combined throughout the day.

e: This is the fun stuff:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 9, 2014

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I am watching the odd one stream and I am just dying.

"Little rammus, nooooo"

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

gently caress no video games for a couple hours I'm a goner

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Colonel Squish posted:

gently caress no video games for a couple hours I'm a goner
You dont loving understand you twat I am self-intitled and the most goddamn custoer this company has I demand someone be sitting in the office at 2:00am on a weekday night to answer my question and compensate me for the 3 hours I had bad games or I will leaf for dota 2

I used to play Warcraft in 2006 or 2007 and when it was patch day the whole game would randomly be taken down for days at a time without a whole lot warning or explanation, and I was the same age as some of these people swarming the forums like ants to a picnic to talk about how important of a customer they are and how they're switching to DOTA 2.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Aug 9, 2014

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Brannock posted:

It's a large number.

Hahaha I think this every time

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Tonetta posted:

Hahaha I think this every time

And then you enter queue

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Angry Walrus posted:

And then you enter quinn

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Quinn da best.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I found quinn out in the wild

fnox
May 19, 2013

I strictly have to play through a VPS in order to be able to get a stable connection. What the gently caress. It's not even the server issues the game becomes unplayable at peak hours, I'm not sure at this point if it is my ISP or something weird about the routing because using a VPS solves the issue entirely.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

fnox posted:

I strictly have to play through a VPS in order to be able to get a stable connection. What the gently caress. It's not even the server issues the game becomes unplayable at peak hours, I'm not sure at this point if it is my ISP or something weird about the routing because using a VPS solves the issue entirely.
I'm not a networking expert or anything, but I've got a smaller ISP in a rural part of the east coast, and I've almost never gotten connectivity issues. Three people can be lagged out of a game and I'm chugging along at the same 98 to 115 ping I've always gotten. My friend across the country lives closer to LA and has less than 15 ping, but she has Comcast and is constantly getting dropped or disconnected from games.

It sounds a whole lot like it has to do with the ISPs and how they handle their traffic.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Tonetta posted:

After a long and glorious career on the fields of justice, Quinn quietly retired to southern demacia, where she raised pigeons in her twilight years.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Flameingblack posted:

I'm not a networking expert or anything, but I've got a smaller ISP in a rural part of the east coast, and I've almost never gotten connectivity issues. Three people can be lagged out of a game and I'm chugging along at the same 98 to 115 ping I've always gotten. My friend across the country lives closer to LA and has less than 15 ping, but she has Comcast and is constantly getting dropped or disconnected from games.

It sounds a whole lot like it has to do with the ISPs and how they handle their traffic.

id be really surprised if thats not what it is. people go down in chunks - everyone i know locally that's on telus goes down at the same time as me, everyone on shaw goes down at a different time, etc

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Flameingblack posted:

This about sums up my experience as well. Crappy DSL in east coast with 10 mbps speed and I get 95-115 ping and never disconnect / lag out unless riot servers implode.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Obscurity posted:

This about sums up my experience as well. Crappy DSL in east coast with 10 mbps speed and I get 95-115 ping and never disconnect / lag out unless riot servers implode.
The people who have the most issues are the ones on the largest ISP. Comcast, TWC, ect. With courts leaning in favor of businesses in Net Neutrality instead of of the people + the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if they're intentionally interrupting traffic to websites, services, and games so they can squeeze out money from them later as a promise to provide their customers with "stable" internet.

That could all be conspiracy talk but it's definitely based on ISPs and the reason so many people have these issues are because there's so many people on these lovely providers.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Yeah I used to have TWC and holy hell did I hate it. I might have slower speeds with this DSL provider, but at least the service is consistent.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Listen Rageblade has a total nichahahahahahahahaha

Actually there's probably like 7-8 flat out stupidly bad items and some that are really nuanced like Thornmail or something

oh has the server poo poo the bed?

Thornmail: They have a lot of AD and Randuins isn't enough armor.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Just be glad you aren't on EUW or EUNE which are both down probably three hours combined throughout the day.

EUNE is making GBS threads the bed way less often than EUW :ssh:

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.
EUW hasn't had issues since they launched the Amsterdam data center :ssh:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Looks like OCE is hosed too, telstra customers can't connect + getting loss prevented.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Looks like OCE is hosed too, telstra customers can't connect + getting loss prevented.

Yeah, just had a lobby never goto the game which was weird.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Tonetta posted:

Hahaha I never before realized how much she looks like Stephen Fry.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

theflyingorc posted:

Hahaha I never before realized how much she looks like Stephen Fry.

More like James May imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."
I'm having a friendly argument with a friend about the "Free"ness of F2P games, especially LoL. Any of you guys have all the champs, but never spent any money on them? (skins are ok, since they don't affect gameplay)

And how long would it take if you played let's say 5 games a day, to get enough IP for all the champs?

• Locked thread