Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kenster
Jun 21, 2013

First of all, that Clocktown could really use a floating celestial object of doom... With a face!
I have two friends who aren't racist but are the kind of assholes who don't think that words mean things and often say the n-word when losing at video games. I have told them that words mean things and that by saying words that mean racist things they make me uncomfortable but they just fall back on "we're not racist dude, it's all about context" and are too insufferably stubborn to listen to me.

How do I make them realize that "I'm getting niggerstomped over here" and "Kill that friend of the family" and other casually racist phrases shouldn't be said because they are mad at video games? Nobody else in this group of friends really cares enough and I can't find new friends because I'm a goony, socially inept manchild.

The Kenster posted:

This thread has taught me that while I can pick my friends, I can't pick my friends nose and I should live and let live. Because of my new leaf I have composed a piece of literature that I'm sure will touch the hearts and minds of many.

The Kenster fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Burn a cross in their yards.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
gonna go ahead and guess that you and all your friends are white

gonna go ahead and guess that you're too much of a pussy to do any of the things we suggest that might actually change things so ill just leave it at that

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
your friends sound cool op. send me their gamertags

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
stop being friends with them

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

sever

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

stop being friends with them

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

my old roommate would play league hours a day and the whole time would yell about raping the other team and would call them bitches and sluts and it was sort of hilarious but at the same time depressing

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
lol um

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

icantfindaname posted:

sort of hilarious but at the same time depressing

an analogy for life on this planet

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Youre friends are dickheads.

The Kenster posted:

I have two friends who aren't racist but...

You loving idiot.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
you sound like a real stick in the mud op

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

it sounds like you should just relax and get with the niggerstomping program OP

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Write them a 5 paragraph essay on why they should stop. Make sure you open and close with your thesis and have 3 supporting points.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ikanreed posted:

Write them a 5 paragraph essay on why they should stop. Make sure you open and close with your thesis and have 3 supporting points.

and then post it here

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
i think the defining major issue of our time is that so many of our young people shout swears whilst playing imaginary games on their computer screens

it is really a big deal that affects race relations and humanity as a whole

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

ikanreed posted:

then awkwardly stammer your stance in front of them

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
don't let it bother you so much OP

there's nothing you can do that will change their behavior and you need to accept that. if you can't deal with it then don't play games with them anymore.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

your stupid loving friend of the family friends should know that you cant go around saying NINTENDO

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Moridin920 posted:

don't let it bother you so much OP

there's nothing you can do that will change their behavior and you need to accept that. if you can't deal with it then don't play games with them anymore.

this is truth right here

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ruby got Railed posted:

your stupid loving friend of the family friends should know that you cant go around saying NINTENDO

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

poopzilla posted:

it sounds like you should just relax and get with the niggerstomping program OP

niggerstomping pogrom.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

remember niggerstomping? its back

in POG form

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
how about you let your friends do what the gently caress they want and you worry about being less of a human being

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

OP just make yourfriends read this thread each time when you are loading up your video shames and theyll change

promise

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

The Kenster posted:

casually racist

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
add me on xbl, gt niggerstomper58

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Im going to incorporate that into my every day speech. Hey man can you give me a hand for a second this Sudoku niggerstomping the poo poo out of me

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Guancho posted:

how about you let your friends do what the gently caress they want and you worry about being less of a human being

while I would phrase it a bit differently, this is the idea I would try and get across

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
Why did you use "n-word" in your thread title but had no problems spelling it out in your post?

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.
Does it bother you because every time they use that word it's a painful reminder to yourself that you aren't cool enough to have a black friend?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
comedy option: get ridiculously godly at the games they play and whenever you own on them yell "black power!" or "All Power to the People!"

dunno if they'll get the black panther reference though

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

i'm going tostart referring to mexicans as "Ñ-words"

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
you're barking up the wrong sub-forum m8

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Kenster posted:

I have two friends who aren't racist but are the kind of assholes who don't think that words mean things and often say the n-word when losing at video games. I have told them that words mean things and that by saying words that mean racist things they make me uncomfortable but they just fall back on "we're not racist dude, it's all about context" and are too insufferably stubborn to listen to me.

How do I make them realize that "I'm getting niggerstomped over here" and "Kill that friend of the family" and other casually racist phrases shouldn't be said because they are mad at video games? Nobody else in this group of friends really cares enough and I can't find new friends because I'm a goony, socially inept manchild.

Have you tried putting these dumb Jews in the oven?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

same bans are gonna commence, predicting it now

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

you should respect the first amendment OP

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

PCOS Bill posted:

Have you tried putting these dumb Jews in the oven?

20 minutes at 300 degrees, perfect every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

try this:

"hey guys. um, you really shouldn't say, um, 'friend of the family', it has a lot of bad history and it makes others feel bad and uncomfortable, okay? try using 'n-word' instead, because it's totally more pc and the darkies don't hate that one as much, even though it means exactly the same thing and you can basically get away with saying friend of the family to their faces without being punched if you just say 'n-word'.

• Locked thread