Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Your entire read of the game is based on me being Scum, which is wrong. You must treat every case you make independent of flips you do not know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farbror
Sep 18, 2012

Hi game!

I was ambushed with a bachelor party this weekend so my ability to keep up will be pretty bad. I want to get some thoughts down before I pass out in a bit.

I'd be okay voting Met. I kinda believe him, but this might be a mafia lesson for me.

Still suspicious about Hurt. It's not just that been discussing flavour as a fan, he's used it in his case arguments.

Merks claim makes me feel like I need a re-read with fresh eyes.

Farbror
Sep 18, 2012

I'm getting serious tunnel vision on merk and Byers and it's messing up my read through. I can't stop thinking at least one is scum. But it could be that they're just active players and I've noticed them more.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What do you think of TT? He's acting super ditzy and it seems to me he's better than that

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

So if I don't post, I don't get any votes. Nice.

You are being so incredibly self-serving that I can't believe you are town ##vote Met

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Puntification posted:

You are being so incredibly self-serving that I can't believe you are town ##vote Met

Well that doesn't make any sense. Why would I laugh at the absurdity if my best option was not replying with that snark?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

merk (3): Byers2142, King Burgundy, Met, Byers2142, DGK2000, Met, Byers2142
Met (2): Byers2142, merk, Tremendous Taste, merk, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Puntification
bowmore (1): Pinterest Mom
Dr. Hurt (1): merk, merk, Farbror, merk, merk
Pinterest Mom (1): merk
DGK2000 (1): Met

Not Voting (4): bowmore, CCKeane, CommaToes, Dr. Hurt

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 10th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

Well that doesn't make any sense. Why would I laugh at the absurdity if my best option was not replying with that snark?

Your strategy of being a dick is the self-serving part that was just the latest in posts that irked me, why did you jokeclaim SK or explain your "strategy"? These weren't your best options either. I don't understand any of what you're doing in the slightest.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Puntification posted:

Your strategy of being a dick is the self-serving part that was just the latest in posts that irked me, why did you jokeclaim SK or explain your "strategy"? These weren't your best options either. I don't understand any of what you're doing in the slightest.

Do go on about the guy joke claiming SK on day 1 being completely serious.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

Do go on about the guy joke claiming SK on day 1 being completely serious.

That's not what I said, my point was that if you joke about your alignment you can make people suspicious of your alignment and so it's not your best option. If you've not been choosing your best options previously there's no reason why I have to account for you not choosing your best option now. The best I can figure it is that you're probably trying to ride a too scummy to be scum argument into the end-game and that makes me feel more strongly that you're 3p.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

Your entire read of the game is based on me being Scum, which is wrong. You must treat every case you make independent of flips you do not know.

Thanks, Scum Daddy? I mean, Mafia Daddy?

In all seriousness, your point is a fair one.

Farbror posted:

I'm getting serious tunnel vision on merk and Byers and it's messing up my read through. I can't stop thinking at least one is scum. But it could be that they're just active players and I've noticed them more.

Of course, because one IS scum. Merk. :)

Pinterest Mom posted:

What do you think of TT? He's acting super ditzy and it seems to me he's better than that

I don't know how he plays normally, but in the last game I was in with TT he thunderdomed a town and then did nothing for the rest of the game out of guilt. He was town. In terms of this game, he is doing a bit more, so yay? But he is also playing a game of Awful Survivor right now, and it's been pretty drama filled. I just did a reread on TT and he seems town. One thing I'd like to see though:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I might even make a case :sun:
Let's see that case TT.

Also, while going back through his posts I saw this:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Er, you doubling down on PM, the claimed doc

TT was asking Merk to explain himself on the mushroom thing. Merk didn't understand the question, so Taste clarified with the above. Merk still hasn't answered him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The soft claim was scummy. That's it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

The soft claim was scummy. That's it.

I don't think the soft claim was inherently scummy, I do think that denying it was a soft claim was scummy as hell.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Mr. Keane, can you give me a solid read on someone?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Mr. Keane, you have yet to make a case on anyone.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Merk, my case...is in here. *places hand on merk's chest*

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

Mr. Keane, you have yet to make a case on anyone.

You've jumped around with your votes, Merk. You made a Dr Hurt case, and then abandoned it with flimsy reasoning. I like my vote where it is. I'm heading out, and likely won't be around the rest of today. I'll try to check in on my phone when I can.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think the Dr. Hurt case is good. No one commented on it. I'll vote it again: ##vote Hurt

I think there is a Pinterest Mom case that could be made and was hoping someone could make it since I was mobile.

It appears that I'm going to be today's lynch based on apathy. That's great. Fun game.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The deadline is tomorrow and you seem to be sort of freaking out after only three votes. What's up with that?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dr. Hurt posted:

The deadline is tomorrow and you seem to be sort of freaking out after only three votes. What's up with that?

I'm not freaking out. I can see the writing on the wall. This is really the only way I ever get lynched as Town. People stop talking and votes trickle in with awful (or no) reasoning over the course of the whole game day.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

merk posted:

I'm not freaking out. I can see the writing on the wall. This is really the only way I ever get lynched as Town. People stop talking and votes trickle in with awful (or no) reasoning over the course of the whole game day.

##vote Merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cool dude.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Is Met a jester. Has nobody suggested that yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is Met a jester. Has nobody suggested that yet.

I just looked it up. That sounds like a horrible role. Like, even with some of the modifiers, that is one of the easiest win conditions ever.

Farbror
Sep 18, 2012

I'm back. I agree with merk about the apathy at least, and I've not been as active as I should.

I would prefer Hurt right now. Or at least someone commenting on him a bit.

TT did ping me a bit yesterday, but when I read him he seemed towny. Gonna look at him more.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

merk (4): Byers2142, King Burgundy, Met, Byers2142, DGK2000, Met, Byers2142, Met
Met (2): Byers2142, merk, Tremendous Taste, merk, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Puntification
Dr. Hurt (2): merk, merk, Farbror, merk, merk, merk
bowmore (1): Pinterest Mom
Pinterest Mom (0): merk, merk
DGK2000 (0): Met, Met

Not Voting (4): bowmore, CCKeane, CommaToes, Dr. Hurt

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 10th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 16 hours, 43 minutes.

Farbror
Sep 18, 2012

Okay, I'm not getting any wiser the more I reread this stuff.

I'd rather not kill merk today, his interaction with Opop feels real enough early on. But I'm unsure of him, I can't get a read either way. I'm gonna keep voting Dr Hurt for now. Most of my reasoning is that I dislike killing one of the two most active players keeping the thread going. I still like my case from earlier, and he didn't really respond to the point about using flavour to explain his votes.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654437&userid=189898#post433172028

Another point, admittedly weak, is that he and Opop didn't talk at all really. If both of them like talking about comics that much they should have at least interacted a bit about it in the thread, but I can't see it happening once the game started.

Farbror
Sep 18, 2012

I can't wait for this game to end and find out I'm defending scum and suspecting every town out there. :haw:
I really don't like that it feels like we basically have to kill bowmore and Met at some point.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Farbor getting bad vibes

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadline in about 9 hours.

Would be nice if those without a real opinion would come back and weigh in.

Would especially be nice if the following actually committed to something:

Not Voting (3): CCKeane, CommaToes, Dr. Hurt

Also, not just voting, but I started to make a call out list of people who haven't posted in real life days, but the list was really long so I stopped. :(

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Alright, as I said before, I'm not quite sold on the merk case, but Met is the scummiest one here.

If people are afraid of hammering him, I volunteer to do so.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm willing to hop on Met if we don't have end up with the numbers for Merk. I'll be around until deadline, so I can swap any time.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I too am fine with both Met and Merk. Probably leaning more Met unless his vote on Merk is a bus. ##vote Met

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Farbror posted:

I'd rather not kill merk today, his interaction with Opop feels real enough early on.

What interaction? I made one joke post with Opop.

This is fake. ##vote Farbror

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Farbror posted:

I would prefer Hurt right now. Or at least someone commenting on him a bit.

You are voting Hurt because he talked about flavor in a game where it's pretty clear flavor is important. You didn't even respond to my Hurt case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dr. Hurt posted:

I too am fine with both Met and Merk. Probably leaning more Met unless his vote on Merk is a bus. ##vote Met

How do you have no reaction to either Farbror or me voting you?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The case on Pinterest Mom appears to be this: He's made no fresh content in the game. Every post is voting with someone else. There's no genuine scum hunting there at all.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

merk posted:

How do you have no reaction to either Farbror or me voting you?

I have already responded to Farbror about his case. And your case on me is basically the two of us disagreeing on how people come across and that I haven't provided content to the game. Mush made a softclaim, you thought it was scummy and I thought it wasn't. You jumped on it and I didn't like how you reacted. Now the doctor is dead and you're trying to spin a case out of it because I believed in her claim. Its a pretty weak case and the fact that most people have ignored it shows that nobody but Farbror agrees with you.

My case on Pin Mom was primarily I felt like he (and also you) reacted hyperbolically to an uncountered doc. Also I didn't like how he wouldn't stop fishing for the town allignment.

Farbror
Sep 18, 2012

merk posted:

What interaction? I made one joke post with Opop.

This is fake. ##vote Farbror

It's not fake, just very weak. You cut away a big part of the post. I did say my main reason is that you're one of the people driving the game along, rather than any good read. Maybe I should have said Opop's interaction with you though. His reaction to your whole Beast thing and the exchange around that jokepost seemed like Opop was posting safe things to townies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'd still vote Met (and Comma, I think it's better if I hammer than if you do, because I'm likely to be lynched at some point anyway).

Merk's behavior around Pmush' doc claim was scummy, I'd vote merk.

I literally still can't believe bowmore isn't getting killed today.

TT I feel is playing weirdly, and that might mean he's scum, but I don't want to vote for him over Met/Merk/bowmore today.

Dr. Hurt posted:

My case on Pin Mom was primarily I felt like he (and also you) reacted hyperbolically to an uncountered doc. Also I didn't like how he wouldn't stop fishing for the town allignment.

I laid off PMush as soon as she claimed doc. Merk very brazenly declared that he was still voting for her despite the doc claim. That's very different.

• Locked thread