Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Also I went over a year checking in via email, sporadically. Medical boards are weird and the USAF doesn't have WTU's or anything.

I sent myself TDY during that period, and nobody other than the GTC people knew I was gone.

:stare:

That was a weird time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Meowlins holy poo poo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Obama Africanus posted:

Also I went over a year checking in via email, sporadically. Medical boards are weird and the USAF doesn't have WTU's or anything.

I sent myself TDY during that period, and nobody other than the GTC people knew I was gone.

:stare:

That was a weird time.

Haha what?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
First things first, I don't just want one of these tshirts, I'll loving stab a hobo for one. Keep that in writing for the Jonestown IG report that will surely follow in the wake of my death.

Second things second, wow. Holy LOL. You got Cucked by a guy you literally had to call Commodore. That's not even funny it's just tragic.

Third- I gotta know what these sweet tshirts look like because loving lol I'm still just loving lol

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Probably TDY for some medical appt or board or something

I'll be honest, if there's someone who is in the process of being medically discharged, other than making sure they aren't going to come to work and start murdering everyone, unless they need help with something I pretty much stop caring about where they are.

We had a MSgt with some medical issues whose attendance at work was...shall we say, "sporadic." After a whole bunch of poo poo dealing with the hospital and bureaucracy, he's finally on the road to medical retirement/HYT.

He picked up Senior on the supplemental while on terminal, about a month before he was out for good. lol. The double lol part is that he actually came off terminal and started working again.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 12, 2014

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Obama Africanus posted:

Third- I gotta know what these sweet tshirts look like because loving lol I'm still just loving lol

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah.

Chalk one up for the system working, when I visibly and violently had a mental breakdown they suspended my access to classified, sent me to a looney bin, shocked my dome a bunch of times and kept me topped off with monthly anti psychotic shots.

Then I got sent home, no one knew what to do with me while the MEB process played out, so.. I just sorta checked in via email for a while. Did a ton of intensive outpatient therapy (Think day care for broke brain full grown cliff babies and black heroin addicts from East St Louis who moonlight as full blown schizophrenics) which is either the final circle of hell or your own salvation depending on what you do with it.

I wound up not getting my clearance revoked, in the end. I found that out just a little while back. Though, I'm pretty sure that's not taking into account my new found love of THC and Sodomy. But uh, if I keep letting 'em zap my brain periodically and fill me up with what amounts to cocoa butter and haldol, they'll let me back in a SCIF, should the DoD ever want me back on Active Duty again.

Anywho.

Yeah. All and all I later retired, first to TDRL, later to PDRL.

Fun times.

Not Fun Times. I lived the IRL One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest like 5 loving times in 3 states. Thanks Obama.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
have you tried not being crazy?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

ded posted:

have you tried not being crazy?

What's crazy?

Bah.

:)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sanity is overrated anyways.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Man my last 2 months in the Marines was some loving hellish nightmare. I ended up with lymphedema in one of my legs following a PFT so my foot ballooned the gently caress up and none of the docs had any idea what the gently caress it was. Queue me going all the way down to loving Portsmouth from VA Beach 2-3 times a loving week and being on light duty for almost a loving year. So my MSgt and some goddamn bipolar rear end Cpl in my workcenter are somehow convinced that I'm malingering or some poo poo despite you know one leg being twice as large as the other. It got to the point where good ol Top was looking for any loving reason in the world to get my rear end kicked out, and figured hey this dude is like 5lbs over his weight lets get him discharged for that.

Literally the day after I finally find out what the gently caress is wrong with my leg after 11 loving months of going back and forth between doctors I get called down to headquarters to sign some paperwork to get me admin separated. I took the paperwork drove straight the gently caress back to Portsmouth and visited every goddamn doctor I had to visit, got a note from each one of them and then had a copy of all the relevant stuff for my foot and put all of that poo poo into the folder for my rebuttal.

Two days later I'm offered an Honorable Discharge with Weight Control Failure attached to it, provided I just get the gently caress out instead of waiting for a medboard or my EAS which was 11 months away. I took that poo poo and walked the gently caress out.

Oh yeah that bipolar Cpl loving ND'd into his wife with a goddamn Beretta and then went to Afghanistan as a security augment got promoted to Sgt. Like a week later a mortar lands a couple hundred meters away from him and apparently he went fetal, pissed himself and started crying. They flew him back home and he got a medical discharge for various mental poo poo.

I should've stayed in loving Japan my whole enlistment :smith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

lymphedema

I immediately regret googling this.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I immediately regret googling this.

It's not nearly that loving bad, I'd suck start a revolver if it was. Basically one foot is 1.5x larger than the other one and as I do physical poo poo and walk around and stuff it gets progressively larger and painful to put pressure on.

It's loving awful but not suicide inducing

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

I should've stayed in loving Germany my whole enlistment :smith:

This but for me.

Would post all my getting out of the army bullshit but phone posting right now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Why is everyone so eager to jump right into school when they get out? Freaking out about if they can get in this fall/spring/summer. Signing up real early and literally starting school the week they get out. Need those Disney fun bux? I was somewhat responsible and managed to save a good chunk of change. Preposterous, I know

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Christoff posted:

Why is everyone so eager to jump right into school when they get out? Freaking out about if they can get in this fall/spring/summer. Signing up real early and literally starting school the week they get out. Need those Disney fun bux? I was somewhat responsible and managed to save a good chunk of change. Preposterous, I know

Spend a year on unemployment. Live the dream, man.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I still can't get a solid answer on unemployment in California even from people that went to TRS. I've heard upwards of 6 months, a year, year and a half, and unlimited. 3 resumes a week though? Mehhhhh

The real question is can you swing unemployment while traveling haha

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Christoff posted:

Why is everyone so eager to jump right into school when they get out?

Helps institute a pattern of normalcy into their lives, and also gets them out of the house and being social. :shrug:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Man I'll have done 5 years let me at least knock a couple things off my bucket list before I get into a groove.

I don't mean sitting around your house all day collecting unemployment I mean go do something cool like travel the world

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Christoff posted:

I don't mean sitting around your house all day collecting unemployment I mean go do something cool like travel the world

Have you considered the military?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Helps institute a pattern of normalcy into their lives, and also gets them out of the house and being social. :shrug:

You're not going to believe this when you're just getting out, but you can lose whatever self-discipline you had in the mil pretty quick. School is pretty slack, but the other part of that is if you're not reasonably self-driven it's easy to fail out more or less from non-attendance (which is how many of us ended up in the mil in the first place.) If you straight up fall off the wagon or go full Spongebob and crawl into the bottom of a bong, you might never recover, which is why you see so many unemployed sad-sack vets whose problems (and careers) have zilch to do with combat, injuries or PTSD.

Realtalkin' it's a really good idea to establish a glide path before you get out that leaves you on some sort of safe life plateau with a goal and some semblance of stability and income. That can be a real non-Hooters job, or GI Bill-paid college enrollment and housing. Even if you feel the need to gently caress around Europe or SE Asia or whatever for a few months, plan at least the beginning and end out so when the slack is bearing down on you you've got all the hard work done ages ago.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Realtalk, lowes is the chillest loving part time job ive ever had.

Tool department, SUP.

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

Christoff posted:

I still can't get a solid answer on unemployment in California even from people that went to TRS. I've heard upwards of 6 months, a year, year and a half, and unlimited. 3 resumes a week though? Mehhhhh

The real question is can you swing unemployment while traveling haha

http://www.edd.ca.gov/unemployment/FAQ_-_Extended_Unemployment_Benefits.htm#Whatbenefitsareavailable

I spent almost 2 years on CA unemployment when it was 73 weeks. poo poo owned.

Heres how you do 3 resumes a week: apply to poo poo that you won't get called for but seems related to your skill set.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

How long do you have to apply after you get out?

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

Christoff posted:

How long do you have to apply after you get out?

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooogle

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:effort:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
why the gently caress would you call or go anywhere, just sit at home covered in chip crumbs and jizz stains and mash out online resumes

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

why the gently caress would you call or go anywhere, just sit at home covered in chip crumbs and jizz stains and mash out online resumes

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Carteret posted:

Realtalk, lowes is the chillest loving part time job ive ever had.

Tool department, SUP.

I applied to Lowes just to get a chill job and didn't make the cut.

:smithicide:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Seriously. Establishing a immediate purpose after leaving the military is loving smart and completely beneficial to you mentally.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I got out with a poo poo ton of cash and NJ unemployment was like two years and just a few dollars short of my active duty pay. I drank myself into oblivion until my dad came home for lunch one day three months after I got out and found me asleep in the tub surrounded by bottles. So then I got my own place and did the same thing, and then got a job like a weenie and then school. So total I spent about 6 months being a useless bum when I could've spent 2 years. I failed.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

gleep gloop posted:

I got out with a poo poo ton of cash and NJ unemployment was like two years and just a few dollars short of my active duty pay. I drank myself into oblivion until my dad came home for lunch one day three months after I got out and found me asleep in the tub surrounded by bottles. So then I got my own place and did the same thing, and then got a job like a weenie and then school. So total I spent about 6 months being a useless bum when I could've spent 2 years. I failed.

lookit this tryhard

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
You wanna loving rumble m8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gleep's me mate I'll bash yore fookin 'ead in oval office

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Oi

gently caress u gleep gloop

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ooh wow a lot of cool guy bros in this thread.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Obama Africanus posted:

I wound up not getting my clearance revoked, in the end.
Fuckin' :lol:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

gleep gloop posted:

You wanna loving rumble m8

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Gleep's me mate I'll bash yore fookin 'ead in oval office

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Man I'd forgotten how short Karate Kid 4 was

gleep gloop posted:

So is this the biggest success story out of kk at this point or what

• Locked thread