Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
First Blood :black101:

I wanted to comment on Boing's neat build but I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag too early. A pretty good first match for the team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahaha are those all teeth all over the arena? Amazing.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

SynthOrange posted:

Hahahaha are those all teeth all over the arena? Amazing.

Yes, those are Cat Stevens's teeth.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Darn, if that latch on for the unarmored neck had lasted a little longer, Love would have vampired Cat to death.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Yes, those are Cat Stevens's teeth.

"Love bites Cat Stevens in the teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!"

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Congrats to Silverminnow for jumping up to number one in the betting rankings with this match. Going to be hard to top those gains.

perpetulance
Mar 24, 2013

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Spermy doesn't suck, he just has a hernia.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Love's got some good chompers.

Ninjavitis
Jan 19, 2008
I'm glad my strategy of "submit a test build so I can download the corresponding macro and then forget to finalize it before the actual match" worked out so well!

I suspect my target monomania may not serve us well in the future, but I'm hoping Cat Stevens will be able to make my first pincushion asplode before I run out of arrows for the next guy.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
^^^ Hey I guess that means you stick with this build forever and we coast to a clean win right

unwantedplatypus posted:

let the cat out of the bag

The cat is out and he's pissed :v:

Wrestling seems finicky since Cat spent half of the round grabbing pinky fingers and little toes before letting go of them again. Fortunately he spent the other half of the round punching hands into pulp but you sort of want wrestlers to have a bit more sense.

e: Actually looking at the log it seems wrestling doesn't work at all? Not a single joint lock, takedown or throw. Or is that just my guy?

Boing fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 11, 2014

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Holy poo poo that's hilarious. The teeth are everywhere.

Well fought, I blame the loss on everyone but me also.

If the fighters were paired differently (Love and Machette switch places) then Loves bites would have really done something against the less armored fighter I think.

The tanky tigerman caught me by surprise for sure, so did the adamantine bow in the first round. Well done!

Edit: My moleman died via getting kicked in the chest and his chest exploding. Nice kick...

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 11, 2014

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
Shiniest fish in the sea!

Anchors posted:

Congrats to Silverminnow for jumping up to number one in the betting rankings with this match. Going to be hard to top those gains.

Thanks man! Though I'm sure we will see plenty of surprises that make people far more dwarf bucks in the future.

That said congratulations to Little Guys Long Spears! I have a feeling you'll go far in this test tournament.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Ahoy Jazzimus. Issue with the website:

Login > Manage Fighters > Manage Existing Fighters/Gnomelette > View this fighter instead > "The page you specified was not found on this server."

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/view_fighter?555

perpetulance
Mar 24, 2013

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Maugrim posted:

Login > Manage Fighters > Manage Existing Fighters/Gnomelette > View this fighter instead > "The page you specified was not found on this server."

Bugged, but if you need the macro you can pull it up through the Tournament Schedule->Team->Character.

Edit: Appears fixed?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Maugrim posted:

Good catch... the Manage Fighters page should generate the correct link now.

That slipped through testing because the dev server is configured a little differently than the production server.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: Test Tournament, Week 1, Match 5 :siren:

Cave Pals Friend Squad vs Meat and Two Veg

SYRUPLEAF, Dwarfhalla (Dorfsociated Press) -- They call it the Arena Challenge, but Meat and Two Veg were never really challenged as they cruised to an easy 3-0 victory over Cave Pals Friend Squad.

Compost Day wasted no time getting the battle started, parrying a blow from PedAnt and splitting open the antwoman's arm with a counterstrike. TreeLoved severed another of the PedAnt's hands with one spear strike, then knocked her unconscious with another spear strike to the head.

Next, Compost Day tore apart Pulpy Van Winkle's left hand with a couple of sword strikes while his teammate TreeLoved skewered the kobold Nibbles in the chest with his spear, as Onan squashed the helpless PedAnt like a bug with his maul. Another stab from TreeLoved's spear knocked Nibbles unconscious, and one more stab to the face finished the kobold off.

Pulpy Van Winkle, all alone, bravely tried to take on all three of his opponents at once, but was unable to land a hit past their defenses. Eventually, a stab from Compost Day broke the bone of Pulpy's weapon hand and disarmed the troll, and soon after a stab from Treeloved knocked the troll unconscious. All three members of Meat and Two Veg proceeded to beat on the body of the knocked out troll, with TreeLoved landing the killing blow with his spear.

Cave Pals Friend Squad will be resurrected to face Minotaur Mites next weekend, and Meat and Two Veg will be healed of a few minor cuts and bruises to take on Platinum Helms.

Kills - TreeLoved 2, Onan 1

Combat Log

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 11, 2014

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

drat, I got rocked.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
That was brutal.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

We didn't want to tip our hands before the tourney started but our gimmick is killing the poo poo out of our enemies without taking any meaningful injuries.

Resurrecting our foes is LIKE recycling, so Compost Day approves I guess.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ramc posted:

We didn't want to tip our hands before the tourney started but our gimmick is killing the poo poo out of our enemies without taking any meaningful injuries.

I wish my team had thought of this. Instead we just died like bitches.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Look man, it's all part of the plan. We lose now, we lull the other teams into a false sense of security, and then boom. Biting strangler and naked elf. And also some dumb mole centaur or something who even cares about him.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Locomotive breath posted:

And also some dumb mole centaur or something who even cares about him.

I really thought I had something with my build. Just lower the spear and charge forward like a lancer. Figured I would basically just one-shot the other team.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
God Hell, what a poor showing by the Cave Pals Friend Squad. How did I not get a single hit in?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Solid Poopsnake posted:

God Hell, what a poor showing by the Cave Pals Friend Squad. How did I not get a single hit in?

Looking through the logs again, it looks like you did finally manage to bruise Compost Day's hand just before you went down.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
RIP, Nibbles: he should have had a chain mail.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Rule of thumb: If you spend time planning your build, when you decide to go without armor, you run into Choppy McScissorhands, when you go for armor, you run into crossbow/adamantine dagger/platinum maul, when you go for dodging, you run into yeti wrestlers.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Looking through the logs again, it looks like you did finally manage to bruise Compost Day's hand just before you went down.

At least in my fight I stabbed someone in the fat before someone literally ripped my face off!

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Ramc posted:

Resurrecting our foes is LIKE recycling, so Compost Day approves I guess.

Well my team's gimmick is praying that everyone picks decent builds.

(apparently it worked out all right!)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Our teams gimmick is not to ask and just go nuts.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I had to, like, put an icepack on it for like 20 minutes.

Desdenova Handreaver posted:

Compost Day slashes PedAnt in the second left upper arm with his steel long sword and the injured part is cloven asunder!

Compost Day slaps Pulpy Van Winkle in the left hand with the flat of his steel long sword, bruising the muscle!

Compost Day slashes Pulpy Van Winkle in the left hand with his steel long sword, tearing apart the muscle!

Compost Day slashes Pulpy Van Winkle in the thumb, left hand with his steel long sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Compost Day stabs Pulpy Van Winkle in the right lower arm with his steel long sword, fracturing the bone!

gauntlet_reasons.txt

and

Jesus loving Christ Onan posted:

PedAnt: Gruesome wounds! I must not succumb to fear!

Onan bashes PedAnt in the head with his platinum maul and the injured part is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass!
PedAnt has been struck down.

Onan: Death... This is truly horrifying.

Also props to Treeloved for stabbing just about everyone in something that they needed to keep living.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

Combat Log posted:

Onan bashes PedAnt in the head with his platinum maul and the injured part is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass!
PedAnt has been struck down.
I offer this up as one of the most :black101: kills in the tourney so far.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

Ramc posted:

I had to, like, put an icepack on it for like 20 minutes.
gauntlet_reasons.txt
I actually did have gauntlets, and armor on most of my body, it just wasn't worth as much as I thought it was.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Reverence posted:

I actually did have gauntlets, and armor on most of my body, it just wasn't worth as much as I thought it was.

Iron gauntlets generally stop iron weapons but lose to steel weapons. Compost Day had a steel sword.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I hear ya, man, I was wearing iron boots but that didn't stop some prone rear end in a top hat from smashing my ankle with a hammer and knocking me out from pain.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Iron gauntlets generally stop iron weapons but lose to steel weapons. Compost Day had a steel sword.

Yea figured as much, I was hoping I'd make it though and have enough points to buy some steel armor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yes! YES! BLOOOOOOOD! Aw, some even flew out of the arena into the pond. :3:

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Bene Elim posted:

I offer this up as one of the most :black101: kills in the tourney so far.

I refute that claim. The one where John was Stabbed in the heart and then decapitated the one who stabbed him, and then survived the round was even more :black101:.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Zebrin posted:

I refute that claim. The one where John was Stabbed in the heart and then decapitated the one who stabbed him, and then survived the round was even more :black101:.

Jack. Jack was his name. I also agree with this notion. That one's going to be hard to top.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: Test Tournament, Week 1, Match 6 :siren:

Platinum Helms vs Minotaur Mites

SYRUPLEAF, Dwarfhalla (Dorfsociated Press) -- Led by Mikorin's heroics, Platinum Helms overcame a terrible start to their match against Minotaur Mites for a narrow 3-1 victory.

As soon as the bell rang, kobold archer Grimdark the Smiley released a perfect arrow shot to Sister Abigail's forehead for the earliest kill of the tournament thus far. MatchlessIdealSublimeWarrior the minotaur then bowled over Mikorin the elf to the ground and began beating up on the dwarf Urist McTantrum, and the Mites appeared to have complete control of the fight early.

Mikorin got back up to his feet to find Gnomelette biting at his ankles, and he pried the gnome off of him and chopped off her feet with a halberd strike. Meanwhile, as Grimdark reloaded his bow, Matchless fractured a couple of Urist's bones with his hammer, and the dwarf collapsed to the ground. After a couple more halberd strikes by Mikorin chopped Gnomelette in twain, it became apparent that this would be the first fight of the current tournament with casualties on both sides.

Matchless continued to wail away on a prone Urist with his hammer, causing the dwarf to pass out from the pain. As Matchless raised his hammer for a finishing blow, Mikorin leaped at the minotaur, narrowly avoiding another arrow from Grimdark, and severed the minotaur's head cleanly from behind with a single swing of the halberd.

As Urist lay on the ground bleeding, broken-boned, and unconscious, Mikorin charged at Grimdark, who was not able to get off another shot in time before a succession of four quick halberd strikes mangled an arm, punctured a lung, severed a leg, and then decapitated the head of the kobold archer, ending the fight abruptly.

Minotaur Mites will be resurrected to take on Cave Pals Friend Squad next weekend, while Platinum Helms will be resurrected and healed to take on Meat and Two Veg in a battle for first place in the Syrupleaf division.

Kills - Mikorin 3, Grimdark the Smiley 1

Combat Log

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Really, gnomelette, whips? Everybody knows scourges are the go to small guy weapon.

Also holy poo poo that first shot.

• Locked thread