Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Why not the Ravens? They have a couple SBs, make the playoffs a lot, condone murder and domestic violence...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The Patriots are cool though

now why you gotta say some poo poo like that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

now why you gotta say some poo poo like that

Mostly because Bruschi and Harrison are long retired. Also Tom Brady rules.

And they're the only team standing in front of Denver for another trip to the superbowl

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

And they're the only team standing in front of Denver for another trip to the superbowl

so we basically have an Alien versus Predator scenario where whoever wins from that match up, humanity loses

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Seeing Brady with four rings would be rad

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I'll never get over Tom Brady getting anointed like Russell Wilson because the refs handed him a Super Bowl berth and he game managed his way through it while his secondary loving clobbered the greatest show on turf. Never not gonna have a bitter taste in my mouth when I think about that guy. Also is this dumb loving season over yet? Manning better goddamn retire after this one.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Volkerball posted:

I can't believe after all the years we made your poo poo team look good, you repay us like this. There's starving fans in Cleveland who would love to have the Raiders in their division.

I'll never understand why ISIS would slaughter a religious minority when the Oakland Raiders are right there for the taking.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'll never understand why ISIS would slaughter a religious minority when the Oakland Raiders are right there for the taking.

They've probably decided that's the Chiefs Linebacker Brigade's jurisdiction.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Volkerball posted:

I'll never get over Tom Brady getting anointed like Russell Wilson because the refs handed him a Super Bowl berth and he game managed his way through it while his secondary loving clobbered the greatest show on turf. Never not gonna have a bitter taste in my mouth when I think about that guy. Also is this dumb loving season over yet? Manning better goddamn retire after this one.

That's how you beat a Lovie Smith defense, though. I think its pretty awesome a sixth rounder could rise up and win three rings with largely unremarkable supporting cast on offense.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Manning better goddamn retire after this one.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Filthy Casual posted:

That's how you beat a Lovie Smith defense, though. I think its pretty awesome a sixth rounder could rise up and win three rings with largely unremarkable supporting cast on offense.

Then he did it all of next season and the year after that. He was a fringe top 10 QB. He didn't turn great until later in his career. gently caress all that Brady 6 bullshit. I hope he gets hit by a bus. But at least Charles Woodson got a ring eventually.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I am sorry you cannot appreciate one of the best QBs of all time because he beat your team 13 years ago, Volkerball

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Lot of teams have been beating on the Raiders the past 13 years gotta concentrate that anger

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I am sorry you cannot appreciate one of the best QBs of all time because he beat your team 13 years ago, Volkerball

Ask me about John Elway.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

This is so weird coming from you. You hold grudges as well!

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Volkerball posted:

Then he did it all of next season and the year after that. He was a fringe top 10 QB. He didn't turn great until later in his career. gently caress all that Brady 6 bullshit. I hope he gets hit by a bus. But at least Charles Woodson got a ring eventually.

All that rage must really tucker you out.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

But serious, Volkerball is right, gently caress Tom Brady.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Ozu posted:

This. gently caress the Patriots, and especially gently caress Tom Brady.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ozu posted:

:agreed:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tom Brady seems okay. He's super handsome, good at his job, and does silly things with his clothes and hair. Doesn't seem too hatable.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I liked when Plaxico said the Giants would win the Super Bowl 23-17 and Tom Brady was like

:smugdog: We're only going to score 17 points?

and then they scored 14 points rofl

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Tom Brady owns

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Against who

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

2010 Chargers Special Teams?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tom Brady rules and would be the best Patriot to root for if it weren't for Wilfork and ::

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

That's low, bro, you know exactly why he hates Tom Brady and it's got nothing to do with his Quarterbacking skills.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gandalf21 posted:

This. gently caress the Patriots, and especially gently caress Tom Brady.

Hmmm, yes, tell me more Colts fan.

gently caress the Pats who took a chance on a third day pick who ended up being historically good, instead of intentionally tanking from one all time great draft pick to the next.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Hmmm, yes, tell me more Colts fan.

gently caress the Pats who took a chance on a third day pick who ended up being historically good, instead of intentionally tanking from one all time great draft pick to the next.

2nd day pick

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Chilichimp posted:

That's low, bro, you know exactly why he hates Tom Brady and it's got nothing to do with his Quarterbacking skills.

Its the Uggs, isn't it?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Objectively Tom Brady rules,

Subjectively as a Raiders fan, it should have been us

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Atticus Finch posted:

Yeah, the Patriots ripped his heart out in '06 i believe. The Chargers were dominating, Brady was throwing interceptions left and right, and Marlon McRee intercepts him again and fumbles the ball (on a 4th down!) trying to return it rather than kneeling or swatting the ball away.

I'm kinda surprised Ross doesn't have voodoo dolls of all the Pats, he's pretty cool that way.

Edit: forgot about the Pats doing the lights out dance and pissing off all the Chargers lol.

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 14, 2014

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Mister Fister posted:

Yeah, the Patriots ripped his heart out in '06 i believe. The Chargers were dominating, Brady was throwing interceptions left and right, and Marlon McRee intercepts him again and fumbles the ball (on a 4th down!) trying to return it rather than kneeling or swatting the ball away.

I'm kinda surprised Ross doesn't have voodoo dolls of all the Pats, he's pretty cool that way.

He blames that more on Marlon McRee than the Patriots

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

He blames that more on Marlon McRee than the Patriots

Yeah i know, but even as a Pats fan, i would say the Patriots winning that game was bullshit, the Pats played awful. Kinda wish the Chargers won in retrospect so that Peyton wouldn't have a ring (i honestly believe the chargers would have whooped the colts), i'm kind of a manchild like that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I only have one voodoo doll and it's of Norv.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I only have one voodoo doll and it's of Norv.

He was a real bad poster.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

Edit: forgot about the Pats doing the lights out dance and pissing off all the Chargers lol.

Emotions were high. In retrospect, I'm sure McCree knows that he should have just knocked the ball down. But in the heat of the moment, the few seconds of real time in which it happened, he caught the ball and tried to run with it. It's what DBs are supposed to do 99% of the time.

Troy Brown made a fantastic veteran play, the Patriots got a second chance, took full advantage of it, and the Chargers just couldn't hold on. It was their own fault for going away from running the ball in the 2nd half, especially when Tomlinson was gouging the New England defense in the first half.

Que sera sera

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If I'm allowed only one voodoo doll for my teams I can't decide if it should be Lin Elliot for being KC's Ray Finkle or Larry Johnson for being the worst human being ever.

edit: it's still John Elway.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Marlon McCree was a turd in general.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

quote:

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 10m
#Raiders DT Antonio Smith on fans' turnout, energy in Oxnard: "These are some of the best fans I have ever laid my eyes on. ...

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 9m
More Smith on #Raiders fans: "They get down WITH you. I am not going to name any names, but a couple of them were throwing dukes yesterday."

ride or die fuckers :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Raiders fans are awesome. Much more appealing brand of hardcore fandom than the obese white gentle BBQing people of KC

• Locked thread