Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"I'm telling you, this is ridiculous." Adora is reading a book in Chinese, and thus incomprehensible too the others. "Let the ape frolic alone in his field. There is no point in meeting his challenge head-on."

Adora closes the book. Though her face doesn't show it, the boy's comments about women have annoyed her. "Instead, why not meet it as the willow does the wind? Does anyone know where his room is?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Alita is actually doing her homework, books splayed out in front of her. She looks up at Adora. "How does the willow meet the wind?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

"Don't they, like, get bendy and wavy and flop all over the place and stuff?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Adora opens her mouth, remembers her classmate's allergy to metaphor, and closes it. "Here."

She stands a book up by its base. "So, this is a tough thing, right? But, if I push it-" she pushes it, and it falls down. "Right? But this-" she pins a piece of paper upright between two books, then pushes it, making it wobble back and forth. "Something that yields, but with a strong conviction, a strong core- it just comes back." She pulls the paper free. "Against that rear end in a top hat Masterton, we're the paper against the book- he'll crush us if we try to make it about pushing."

She flashes a wicked grin. "So we yield in one place and hit him where he's not protecting. Again, I ask: Does anyone know where his room is?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Alita nods thoughtfully. "I get it." She thinks for a moment. "Wrecking his room would get us in trouble though." She starts putting her things away. "I have an idea. We should go to the park," she holds up a hand to forestall Adora, "but not fight him."

She holds up a hand to Ash. "Not because you wouldn't kick his... arse." Alita slings her bag over her shoulder. "That would only be winning a battle though. We should try to win the war."

"We should try to make a fool of him in front of everyone."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Yeah, I like the sound of that. I gotta establish my place in this school. I gotta make sure NO ONE fucks with me anymore, not just him."

Ash pounds her fist into her hand, cracking her knuckles.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

"Oooh, the social approach! Even BETTER!" Chuck rubs his hands together deviously. "Okay...aw, the airfield's too far away. I can't buzz him and make him wet his pants...maybe you can still use the martial arts stuff for that!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"So, no fight, but a way to make a splash with everyone on campus and knock him down a peg or two. Could get a lot of respect that way."

Elodie grins. "What's the plan?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

FP: 4

Shadow☆Nova pats Aisling's back.

"You are going to make the coolest sidekick. ANYWAY! Fortune favors the bold! I know where his room is, let's hit it already!"

Spending a FP to declare I figured out where his room is when placing a smoke bomb in his locker. :getin:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"How many sidekicks are you gonna get, Nova?" Elodie asks, looking at her curious. "I mean, I don't mind sharing the spot, but it's starting to feel more like Justice League than Batman and Robin here."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"I ain't nobody's fuckin' sidekick, ninja girl."

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

St. Raphael's, 2:59 PM

As the clock ticks ever closer to the end of the school day, a palpable tension settles over the campus. Word has spread all over school of the lunchroom confrontation, and the challenge issued. There are two paths that lay before you, one of outright defiance, and one of secretive vengeance. Which will you take? The bell rings in 10...9...8...

In the bottom of your posts, could you indicate whether your student is going to the park, or to prank Masterton's dorm?

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 17, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"So what are we waiting for! Let's go pants that guy or something or other!"

Ah, park!

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 18, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Alita hefts her bag and waits for the group headed to the park.

Park, deffo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling cracks her knuckles as she waits for her accompaniment to the park.

PARK YO.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Hmmmm... I'm going to need some supplies."

Room.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Elodie picks up her skateboard and helmet on the way out of school. Not place to roll in the park with all the grass, but never hurts to have some wheels around Manhattan. To get around and grind on the faces of bullies with.

"Heya~" She rolls in to meet the others.

Park!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

You don't know where Mio is going yet. When you turn around, she's just not there.

Disappearing! :getin:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Chris arrives, a bit out of breath. "Sorry I'm late, my math teacher wanted to talk to me after class. Something about a special project."

Park!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Elodie looks at Chris as if he grew a second, nerdier head.

"Geez, you're already going for extra credit at the first day of school?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Nerd."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Chuck can barely contain his excitement; he is literally bouncing on his feet. "Come on, then! No point in hiding here forever!"

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Park Patrol

You all head towards the nearest subway station, swept along in a stream of prep school blazers. Waving your school-issed metro cards, the lot of you manage to squeeze into a packed train car. All eyes are on Aisling, as the prep-school gossip network works at quantum speed. The train lurches, and the lights of the station slide away to the background music of metal wheels on tracks. Next stop: Madison Park, and a date with Dogs-tiny

Adora's Bizarre Prankventure

The first stop on your noble quest: St. Raphael's Main Office, location of the Master Dormitory Key. The guardian of this treasure is none other than Ms. Ethel Beavers, feared Head Administrative Assistant. Under her handknit sweater covered with frolicking cats, lies a soul harder than steel. The ice blue eyes behind her hornrims have bored into the soul of many a miscreant. "State your purpose, student." It's do or die time, Adora. Time to make a roll, K Prime!

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 3, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Adora opens her mouth and lets the words fall out as they may. Deliberate lying is hard and leads to trip ups- a babble of confusion is far harder to fight.

"Oh Ms. Beavers, I locked myself out of my clubroom, you know the one, because I was helping a friend who was being bullied and I just, I just totally forgot my keys inside and I left my stuff in there! Can I borrow the master dorm key? I know it's late and you probably want to leave and I really don't want to be a bother, I'm sorry!"

KPrime, ++--+4 = 4 Empathy to weave my way into her heart

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ash's eye twitches as she notices the eyes on her.

"Why don't ya lot take a picture? It'll last longer!"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Well, let's not just call everyone a nerd, we're all friends here and- hey, are we all here?" Elodie suddenly gets distracted by something off-screen. Perhaps the call of destiny? Or that sign leading to the subway station. "Hey, come on, let's go!"

She spends most of the subway car trip with her headphones on, singing along with the music in her head. The lyrics probably don't match up with the music, though.

"Ashy's gonna beat Masterson today, oh ye~e~s she will~"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Yaaaaaaaay! Let's go beat on a bully!"

------

Chuck starts by looking out the window on the subway, then he gets bored of the darkness. So he starts following Elodie's beat instead.

"And all her friends are gonna come and play--oh ye~e~s we will!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Would you two stop that?!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Alita split off from the group as they left the school, without actually explaining. She reappears also without explanation. Though now she has on a leather jacket and has a motorcycle helmet hooked onto her bag.

She cocks her head at Elodie, then at Chuck. "He should stop." She pauses for a beat. "She can continue."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 5/5

"Aw..." Chuck frowns as Alita tells him to knock it off. "Fine..." He pulls out his smartphone and starts fiddling with it. Hey, these are some very nice images of Madison Park...

"Y'know, if you wanna make sure this is a fair not-fight and not a trap, you should probably face that guy...uh..." he shows his phone to Ash and points at a few open areas. "...somewhere around here. Make sure he doesn't have guys with paintball guns ready to ambush you from the flower beds or something. Just a thought, y'know! Don't wanna tell you how to fight (or not!) or anything like that!"

First roll of the game, because I totally forgot we could Create Advantages in the Library. Let's try to make sure we have a Scouted Not-Battleground, since, you know, this'll be a social thing. We know the Lay of the Land! (Create Advantage, Milsperg): 4dF+4 6

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Alita digs into her bag and hands out iced coffee and sodas for everyone. Apparently, she's been here for a while. She definitely broke some speed limits to beat you here. Like the sound barrier, maybe.

Vehicles! Rerolling with an FP by invoking Machine Empathy.
[21:00] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +---+5 = 3
[21:00] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +++-+5 = 7

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Da~da~da~da~da- oh!" Elodie doesn't even notice the conversation going on behind her until she finds iced coffee in her hands. "Hey, thanks."

And that's when she notices them. Windswept hair, leather jacket and a hot red motorcycle helmet. The lingering smell of grease and engine exhaust. Also (somehow) the haunting spectre of a hundred speeding violations.

A pink-haired ball suddenly jumps in front of Alita, body-checking her hard enough to send some cans flying.

"Ohmigosh, you own a bike?" Elodie stares at her in wide-eyed wonderment. "And we're not riding it?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aisling gently pushes Chuck's phone out of her face. "Thanks and all, but I don't need you to tell me how to fight. I got this, alright?"

And then Elodie's all over Alita. Ash scoffs at this and turns her head the other way. "Yeah, I guess it's kinda cool. I GUESS. Ah, where is that fuckin' meathead already?!"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 4, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Alita blinks at Elodie as the excited girl gloms onto her, but seems resigned to it. She says softly to Aisling, "Isn't everyone's head made out of meat?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP 5/5

"Hey, come on!" Chuck whines as he's shot down twice in two minutes.

He turns to Alita and shrugs. "Nice helmet! Oh, and my head's, like, half meat and half bone. At least that's what people tell me!"

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Chris hears the last bit of this exchange, and says to Alita, "She's implying his skull is filled with muscle instead of brains."

After a brief pause, he added, "It's a figure of speech."

Zemyla fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 4, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

While the others continue doing cool things and hanging out, Shadow☆Nova creeps along... somewhere. It is taking longer than it should because Shadow☆Nova is using the ceiling. She doesn't actually have to, but it looks kicking rad. Or it would if she wasn't trying to stay stealthy and hidden.

She probably should have thought this through.

Still disappeared! :frogbon:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Adora

Ms. Beavers looks you up and down, as if analyzing every fiber of your being. She sighs, and rummages through a drawer. A keycard is produced, and swiped through a card reader on the desk. "This is good until the date changes tonight. Go get your things, miss." A glare is fired from behind a pair of classes. "But if I find one thing out of place..." with the threat hanging in the air, Ms. Beavers turns back to her knitting.

Park

A voice booms out, "Who're you calling a meathead, freak?" The sea of prep school uniforms parts to reveal Chuck Masterson, standing atop a table laden with hot dogs, one of his minions holding an mp3 speaker blaring 'Bad to the Bone' at top volume. "Step forward, and prepare for utter humialtion!"

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

"Obviously, we're calling you one." Chris replies to Masterton. "Why else did you bring those hot dogs except to refill the empty void in your skull?"

He realizes that Masterton might just decide to beat him up anyways, no matter what, but it might be worth it to see him expelled like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Elodie winks at Masterson. "Last chance to back out 'fore you embarrass yourself?"

• Locked thread